“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

I've stayed in these hotels before and this one had a high rating so I booked. The AC in the room was very loud and rattled all night. Very disruptive. The breakfast which was advertised as "hot" consisted of 3-4 slices of stale bread available, no yogurt available even though it was listed, the waffles were not available due to being out of syrup. No forks were available. There is hot oatmeal supplies displayed but only instant was available. I complained and the desk clerk took my room number. I received no follow up. After giving negative results on the survey I did receive an email from the management apologizing and saying they hoped my next stay would be more enjoyable. I don't plan to stay there again. Too many other options nearby.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

First of a few visits to Brunswick, decided on a two night stay. This Country Inn was O.K. and I'm not saying I wouldn't recommend it unless you need to use the amenities. It left a few things to be desired. First when we called direct, we were told that they had just sold out of king rooms, we decided queen was fine. When we got there I questioned that statement, after talking to their 800 line of other places in the area which informed me this hotel had plenty of king suites. I guess I didn't specify. The suite was just fine, clean comfortable bed. Bedroom with separate living area with door, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker all in good working order. Surprised that as new as it seemed, it did not have flat screen televisions. HBO had no sound on any off the TV's. The fitness center had 2 working treadmills, a broken bike, and broken elliptical that had a wood 2X4 under its back leg on top of a ripped up remnant of carpet (wish I would have taken a picture) . The hot tub and pool were in good working order, and a broken sauna. Which by my readings after the fact has been down for some time. The business center was barely usable. The one outdated computer was not online, someone came and fixed it. When I did get on and went to print a boarding pass and a work email, there was no paper, after getting paper there was no ink. I ended up having to go behind the front desk and use their computers. Jessica at the front desk was genuinely embarrassed and apologetic for our problems and helpful. The first evening the lady at the front desk had a congregation of friends visiting with her in the sitting area of the lobby.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2009

My daughter and I have stayed twice this year at the Brunswick Ga, Country Inn & Suites. Both stays were very enjoyable. The staff was friendly and helpful at all times. The General Manager, Dan, was extremely helpful with information about the local area. The morning breakfast had a nice selection and made a quick start to the day not having to go out to a resturant. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

We stayed in one of the suites, two queen size beds with door, Living room area with desk, two TVs so Adults could watch the news and Kids could watch cartoons. Very comfortable. Really nice girl at the front desk, very helpful and eager to assist us. She was very knowledgeable about the area.
Indoor pool was great. We had the pool, jacuzzi, and sauna to ourselves. Very clean. Had a great time.
Only thing I was disappointed in was the breakfast area. They served just biscuits and gravy as the hot item. I was looking forward to having some eggs but they did not serve them only biscuits with gravy. We ended up making waffles with the griddle that were good. We were told that they would serve them with strawberries but there were none. I think someone was pulling our leg - too bad. This was the only disappointment.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

Due to forecasted bad weather for the weekend I chose this hotel for the indoor pool over other hotels in the area I usually stay at. I checked in without a reservation and was still given a great rate by the friendly lady working the front desk. Check was very quick and the lobby was rather inviting with its big wooden staircase. Room was nice with a desk, fridge, microwave, and 2 big comfortable beds. No Wifi though, just a wired connection.

Breakfast on our first morning was ok. Cereal and something yellow and orange that resembled eggs with cheese. The “sausage” also did not look or taste like sausage. I noticed that they only scored an 86 on the health department inspection. Not sure how you can score that low when you just put out premade stuff.

The same weekend there was a youth baseball event going on in the area and the hotel was pretty much taken over by 2 dozen or so 14 year olds. Running up and down the halls playing tag, playing in the elevator, in the stairwells, they turned the fitness center into a movie room. The worst was the pool area. Of course since it was raining their games were canceled so we had to put up with them all day Friday. Where were the parents?

We did manage to get the pool area to ourselves for a while and the pool and hot tub were nice. Plenty of pool towels, hot tub was warm, there was also a sauna but we didn’t try it out.

While at the pool our room was serviced even though I had left the do not disturb sign on the door.

Aside from the house keepers entering when I had left the DND sign out I would have been willing to stay here again. That was until we had breakfast before we checked out.

I skipped on the mystery meat and strange yellow objects and had cereal instead. After a few bites I noticed the milk tasted funny and was not cold even though I had just taken the milk out of refrigerator on the breakfast counter. I threw away the cereal and had juice and a muffin instead. Walking back upstairs I began to feel sick, it was not long before I was in the bathroom throwing up.

Called down to the front desk to tell them we were going to be checking out a little late as I had gotten sick after eating breakfast. The lady at the front desk immediately became defensive asking how I knew I had gotten sick from their breakfast. I hadn’t called to accuse them of anything, I just needed some time to lay down for a while to make sure the nausea had passed before making the 5 hour drive home. They offered no apology and reluctantly let us stay until noon.

I was all set to recommend this place but I certainly can’t after that!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Southern Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

Upon checkin manager Danny Disco proceeded to give a demeaning and disrespectful speech concerning how all adults and children are not to "act like children" and that they really did not want us to stay there to start with. After feeling discriminated against and belittled we walked across the street to stay at the Holiday Inn and had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Central Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2008

I've always had good experiences with the Country Inn and Suites hotels. This one was no exception. The staff were courteous, the hotel spotless and room was quiet. This is a great place to spend the night while on a long road trip.

The breakfast room was nicely stocked with a variety of hot and cold food items. My one dissapointment was no juices available at breakfast.

One cannot beat the service for the price at Country Inns & Suites.

• Liked — Cleanliness and service
  • Disliked — No juice at breakfast
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Country Inn & Suites Brunswick? Share your experiences!