“Convenient and clean at a good price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 36 hotels in Brunswick
Atlanta, Georgia
“Convenient and clean at a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The location was convenient for Jekyll, Cumberland Island or St Simon's. It is located right off the interstate and has many dining options within an easy drive. Staff were helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. My kids loved having an indoor pool. The breakfast made our morning effortless and the food was kept in good supply. My only complaint was that the coffee was not very good-very weak and watered down and I don't usually like mine strong at all. Beds were comfortable and in good condition. Rooms were a little noisy-we could hear our neighbors and people in the hallways. Loved that the checkout was 11am!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rahul P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Brunswick, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Elizabeth, thank you very much for your review. Your positive feedback was much appreciated and your concerns were taken seriously as we continue to grow and make ourselves better. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in town!

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful; the room was clean and comfortable and equally important was very quiet. This property is located for enough off the road that you can't hear the traffic like you can at the other hotels in this area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Rahul P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Brunswick, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Eric, thank you very much for your review. I am please that we were able to provide satisfactory accommodations for you. We look forward to seeing you again.

Cincinnatus, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

When planning the trip too see Jekyll Island, I considered staying on the island itself and am really glad we decided on Brunswick instead. This hotel was only a 25 minute drive to the island and we found a full day there to be plenty. Restaurants were also more plentiful and prices more reasonable near the hotel.
This Country Inn & Suites had very friendly & helpful desk clerks, the breakfast had a lot of variety, comfortable lounge chair in the room and a nice pool. The only negative was that the duvet was so heavy were were exhausted the first night...and quite miserable. I asked for blankets for the second night and they were enthusiastically supplied.
We really enjoy sitting in the porch rockers enjoying our morning coffee from real ceramic cups.

Room Tip: If you hate to sleep under heavy weights, ask for blankets right up front!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rahul P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Brunswick, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our little town such a nice place to visit. We look forward to hosting you again!

Pedro-Guest Services Manager
Stone Mountain, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We booked two hotels at the same time then cancelled Country Inn. Checked into the other hotel and was totally disappointed. Left there went to Country Inn, explained the situation , they rebooked me honoring my original rate. We were so pleased.

Room Tip: Pool and hot tub open till midnight was a nicety
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rahul P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Brunswick, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad we were able to accommodate you and that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and see us again real soon!

Pedro
Guest Relations Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Decided to try this hotel on our way back north from Florida. Can't complain about anything here. The room was very clean and spacious. Also, the breakfast had a large array of items. The best thing about this hotel was the staff. All of the employees were very helpful and kind.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thanks so much for your review. I'm glad my staff was able to see to your needs and give you such a positive experience. Please come again!

Pedro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Country Inn and Suites several times over the past year, and I am always either initially impressed or accommodated to a point of satisfaction and contentment. As with any hotel, employees must maintain a narrow line of keeping guests happy while simultaneously keeping ownership's narrow profit margin . Being the well traveled employee and vacationer I am, I have developed a keen eye for a well rounded hotel employee. For someone who spends many days and nights in a hotel away from friends and family, kind hotel staff means a lot . In this light, I would like to recognize Pedro and Sam for their hard work and hospitality. I am by definition a difficult guest, and any gripe or stipulation I have brought to his attention has been 100 percent resolved. In one instance, there were some unruly guests who engaged in horseplay and loud inappropriate dialogue well into the wee hours of the night. I made a complaint to the front desk where Sam was working. Sam went above and beyond to diffuse the inconsiderate guests,and I was able to go back to sleep . Had he not done this, there would have been an unwarranted escalation between multiple guests at the most peaceful and relaxing hotel in Brunswick. At no fault of the hotel, I was accommodated for this escalation's proximity to my room and for the lost sleep. Pedro took initiative to make sure that my lost sleep did not go unnoticed. For this, I thank you. Sam and Pedro make this hotel a better place, and a great place this is. Thanks again,

Callen

• Stayed January 2013
Rahul P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Brunswick, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Woohoooo! Sam and I are famous now!! :) Thank you so much for your review. It means so much to me that we were able to have such a positive impact on your visit. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in town.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

3 diiferent rooms with roaches in one night. Found the first one on my toothbrush. I was told by Sam (front desk clerk) that roaches are normal in Georgia, even in brand new properties, and that I didn't need to move.

The only reason I rated the service a 2 is because of the service provided by david. He was very respectful, cooperative, empathetic, and caring.

• Stayed January 2013
Rahul P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites Brunswick, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I apologize for the issues you had. Orkin sprays our entire property regularly, and had sprayed literally the day before your stay. After your complaint, we had them come back out and spray again. The stain you discovered was a coffee stain underneath the mattress on the liner for the box spring and would have required that the entire mattress be lifted to be seen. I apologize that this was discovered by you rather than the housekeeping staff, but they typically are not required to life the entire mattress every day. The liner has since been thrown away and replaced. The issue you had with our employee was also addressed and will not happen again.

With all that being said, I would like to point out that you have been given a full refund and our corporate office has taken it a step further by giving you a free night for the trouble you experienced. I also personally called you the very next day and left a voicemail to apologize for the trouble you had, but never heard back from you. Further, we have had no other complaints about bugs of any kind in any of our rooms, including the ones you stayed in, either before or after your stay.

It appears that the bug issue you experienced was an isolated event, but I do apologize that you had to go through it nonetheless.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Brunswick? Share your experiences!