“Great rebound” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Brunswick
Stone Mountain, Georgia, United States
“Great rebound”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We booked two hotels at the same time then cancelled Country Inn. Checked into the other hotel and was totally disappointed. Left there went to Country Inn, explained the situation , they rebooked me honoring my original rate. We were so pleased.

Room Tip: Pool and hot tub open till midnight was a nicety
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rahul P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad we were able to accommodate you and that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and see us again real soon!

Pedro
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Decided to try this hotel on our way back north from Florida. Can't complain about anything here. The room was very clean and spacious. Also, the breakfast had a large array of items. The best thing about this hotel was the staff. All of the employees were very helpful and kind.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thanks so much for your review. I'm glad my staff was able to see to your needs and give you such a positive experience. Please come again!

Pedro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have stayed at Country Inn and Suites several times over the past year, and I am always either initially impressed or accommodated to a point of satisfaction and contentment. As with any hotel, employees must maintain a narrow line of keeping guests happy while simultaneously keeping ownership's narrow profit margin . Being the well traveled employee and vacationer I am, I have developed a keen eye for a well rounded hotel employee. For someone who spends many days and nights in a hotel away from friends and family, kind hotel staff means a lot . In this light, I would like to recognize Pedro and Sam for their hard work and hospitality. I am by definition a difficult guest, and any gripe or stipulation I have brought to his attention has been 100 percent resolved. In one instance, there were some unruly guests who engaged in horseplay and loud inappropriate dialogue well into the wee hours of the night. I made a complaint to the front desk where Sam was working. Sam went above and beyond to diffuse the inconsiderate guests,and I was able to go back to sleep . Had he not done this, there would have been an unwarranted escalation between multiple guests at the most peaceful and relaxing hotel in Brunswick. At no fault of the hotel, I was accommodated for this escalation's proximity to my room and for the lost sleep. Pedro took initiative to make sure that my lost sleep did not go unnoticed. For this, I thank you. Sam and Pedro make this hotel a better place, and a great place this is. Thanks again,

Callen

• Stayed January 2013
Rahul P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Woohoooo! Sam and I are famous now!! :) Thank you so much for your review. It means so much to me that we were able to have such a positive impact on your visit. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in town.

Pedro Gonzalez
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

3 diiferent rooms with roaches in one night. Found the first one on my toothbrush. I was told by Sam (front desk clerk) that roaches are normal in Georgia, even in brand new properties, and that I didn't need to move.

The only reason I rated the service a 2 is because of the service provided by david. He was very respectful, cooperative, empathetic, and caring.

• Stayed January 2013
Rahul P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I apologize for the issues you had. Orkin sprays our entire property regularly, and had sprayed literally the day before your stay. After your complaint, we had them come back out and spray again. The stain you discovered was a coffee stain underneath the mattress on the liner for the box spring and would have required that the entire mattress be lifted to be seen. I apologize that this was discovered by you rather than the housekeeping staff, but they typically are not required to life the entire mattress every day. The liner has since been thrown away and replaced. The issue you had with our employee was also addressed and will not happen again.

With all that being said, I would like to point out that you have been given a full refund and our corporate office has taken it a step further by giving you a free night for the trouble you experienced. I also personally called you the very next day and left a voicemail to apologize for the trouble you had, but never heard back from you. Further, we have had no other complaints about bugs of any kind in any of our rooms, including the ones you stayed in, either before or after your stay.

It appears that the bug issue you experienced was an isolated event, but I do apologize that you had to go through it nonetheless.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were driving to Fl and had decided to stop in Brunswick for the night. Since we had no idea where we would end up for the night we had not made advance reservations. The desk clerk was in the process of checking another couple in but did acknowledge me. No problem with the wait and he did give us a decent room rate of $79.00, however, he was a bid odd as he kept making rather suggestive comments to my husband and me about our sleeping arrangements. It wasn't until we went out to get a bite to eat that my husband remembered we had stayed at the same place previously. Had I remembered this before checking in we would have found another place. It is a bit tired, the rooms could use some updating, and the breakfast is just so, so. As an example, most places have small containers of Yogurt, but in this case an entire container was set out for guests to use. There was some sort of crock that the servers had scooped yogurt into but that was empty so I had to open the obviously "store bought" container in order to have some to put on my fruit. We also had a few issues with the a/c and TV - the desk did respond immediately and it was a quick fix. All and all I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fayetteville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed here on our way back to Atlanta from Florida. This is the second time in a row a Country Inn hasn't been great. The front desk staff was a little rude. The room was okay, but the beds weren't comfortable and the breakfast was poor. We didn't eat it, so we packed up and went down an exit to a Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Definitely will never stay here again. Probably will have to think hard before staying at another Country Inn

Room Tip: Look for another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Rahul P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
I am deeply sorry that our hotel was not up to your standards. We strive to treat every customer with the utmost respect and courtesy. I will personally be reminding my entire staff of the importance of superb customer service. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Rooms are a bit out dated but pretty clean,...... The breakfast area is small but the food was typical Country Inn. The breakfast was very adequate.

The pool and sauna are small but decent with plenty of towels

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rahul P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us! We are actually in the process of renovating our rooms, complete with nice LCD TV's! We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.

Pedro Gonzalez