“Friendly Staff - Really Clean Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Lancaster
“Friendly Staff - Really Clean Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Brunswick GA just of I-95. Sleeping at a hotel is a necessary evil for me, and trying to decide where to stay is always a little stressful. I will often ask to see a room before I rent it because we have had experiences with really dirty rooms at well known chains. Anyway, 2 weeks prior my husband had stayed at Country Inn near Washington DC and said how awesome it was and for a reasonable price so we chose Country Inn in Brunswick because of that. We were so pleased (especially me). The lobby was clean and well kept. The staff was courteous and friendly and the room was just perfect. I could tell it was clean as soon as I walked in... no musty bad smells and upon closer inspection it really was clean. (I'm the kind that checks window sills, corners, nooks, crannies). I felt soooooo at home and relaxed. The bed was clean and fresh smelling and so very comfortable. I inquired about purchasing some pillows the next morning, but they're not for sale! I slept very well and felt completely refreshed and relaxed in the morning. The free continental breakfast was very good. The tables and carpet in the dining room were clean... Again, the staff was courteous and friendly. We are planning to at least try to stay at this chain whenever we are away from home. It really was just excellent. Thanks Brunswick, GA. Keep doing what your doing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

My husband, my 4 year old daughter, and I recently staid at this hotel. Check in was ok. Man working was rude (Sam). He kept asking me if I had one more quick question!!!! Quick-----um, customer service not a plus. I checked in room was as described, pool was nice and clean, daughter had tons of fun in the pool. Water was warm. Spa wasn't working. The thing that pissed me off the most was the "free" cookies. After the pool my daughter saw the cookies and of course wanted one. She's 4. It was Halloween. The man gave me one chocolate cookie for her and I got a chocolate chip cookie for me. Went upstairs to our room and my daughter wanted another choc. Cookie so we walked back down stairs to have the man working refuse my daughter a choc. Cookie. Stating the policy was one choc cookie per room!!!!! Really!!!??? It was Halloween night for god's sake. I even offered to pay for the cookie and the man still refused my daughter a single choc cookie!!!!!! I asked the front desk the next morning at check out what their cookie per room policy was and I was told that there wasn't a policy!!!!! So why was my daughter refused a single choc cookie?????? I will NEVER stay here again nor will I recommend this hotel to anyone else!!!!!! We travel A LOT and have staid in several different hotel chains and never have I been refused service. Worst customer service I have ever been provided. On the brighter side the morning staff at the front desk were very polite and understanding---Taurean.

• Stayed October 2012
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I escaped the northeast hurricane damage by heading to FL,
and stayed here on the way. Rooms are in good shape, and
I was able to do some real work using their internet in the room.
I mention this becasue some web sites say "free internet in common areas". Maybe some rooms are too far, but wireless worked fine for me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Dear Country Inn & Suites--

Recently, on Sept. 12, 2012, my husband and I stayed at one of your Inns in Brunswick, GA located at 211 Gateway Center Blvd. We often stay at CI&S when we road travel. The reason I'm writing about this experience is because of the young lady at the front desk who registered us. Her name is Andrea and she was the nicest, most helpful, well-mannered, and accommodating reception desk clerk we've ever encountered in any hotel or motel we've ever stayed at. Also, not that it has anything to do with service (nor should it), but Andrea also happens to be very pretty, has an engaging smile, and makes a wonderful first impression. Honestly though, it's her manner that is most impressive.

I'm very conscious of service -- both good and bad. When I receive good service, especially, I like to let the company administration know. Thank you to whomever is responsible to have had the good sense to hire Andrea. I believe she'll go far in your company.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

When I stepped into the hotel, Taurean was very friendly and helpful. I was there for 2 days and the second day I told him my air conditioner wasn't working and when I returned to the hotel it was working. He went over and above to make sure my stay was what I wanted it to be. The only thing I would find fault with is the seat cushions in the breakfast area. The were absolutely so dirty I didn't want to sit on them. Other than that the hotel was clean and everyone was very helpful. But Taurean went over and above.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

My family loves Country Inns, but this one was the worst of all the Country Inns we have stayed at during the last several years.

I would have given it one, but I think the cleanness of the room and the comfortable beds kept me from rating this with one star.

As I said, the room was clean and the beds were comfortable, but the bathroom proved to me that this hotel is old with the paint falling down, and the tub not draining real well.

The pool was heated, but the spa and sauna were broken, which was very disappointing.

The thing that really disappointed us was the breakfast. No yogurt or biscuits, and only eggs, potatoes, and sausage, and not so impressing fruit. I've seen better Country Inn breakfast, but this is the one that had the worst.

This hotel is surrounded by a Comfort Suites, Fairfield, and Holiday Inn, which are probably better than this one. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. We will keep staying at Country Inns, but won't ever stay at this one again.

• Stayed October 2012
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Brunswick, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for providing a review for our hotel.

We apologize for the experience you had regarding the lack of the breakfast provided at our hotel. We do apologize for the facility we have notified management regarding these issues to ensure similar situations do not reoccur.

We hope you have the opportunity in the near future to visit our hotel again so we have the chance to restore your faith in our hotel.
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Thanks to David Blitch, my family reunion in Brunswick was more than we could have possibly hoped for. My relatives came from all over, and he assisted in giving great directions, and great service, when no one else did. If not for him, we probably would have cancelled our reservations. Thank you David for your great customer service. I will definitely refer this establishment to future Powell's.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Brunswick? Share your experiences!