“Don't stay here!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Aiken, SC
“Don't stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Read the bad reviews here, and believe them! It is a dump. The front office staff is nice but unable to do their jobs efficiently. When I was being helped a guest came back to tell them the room they had given him a key to ALREADY HAD SOMEONE IN IT. The problems were too many to list, so I won't. Just do yourself a favor and don't stay here. There are plenty of other places to stay.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stay away from this hotel! It is not worth it to stay here. I stayed at this hotel in January of 2015. I had been wanting to go to Jekyll Island and then I saw a deal on living social for this hotel. I bought the living social deal for 80$ for 2 nights. I let the time period of the deal expire and went to the hotel later understanding that I could apply the 80$ towards the cost of my stay. The hotel flat out REFUSED to allow me to apply my 80$ credit, then charged me 185$ for a 2 night stay. The hotel itself was mediocre at best. The curtains in our room wouldn't shut all the way, giving anyone in the parking lot a view into our room. We found a bug in our bed. The bathroom was not cleaned properly, no wifi when we were told there was, cheap breakfast, etc. So for a stay at a mediocre hotel, I ended up paying 250$. AVOID THIS HOTEL! IT IS NOT WORTH YOUR TIME OR MONEY.

Room Tip: Stay away from the hotel
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I've stayed there three times this year great service. Clean rooms, Accommodating staff, and the breakfast bar was too good! I'd go back any day! Very hard to find a good hotel last minute, but I will only stay at this one when visiting Brunswick!

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I am using this hotel as an extended stay option while I am new to town. The property is wonderful, the rooms are comfortable, clean and everything I could ask for in a hotel. The staff has been wonderful as well answering any question I have efficiently and with the utmost professionalism and customer service. I highly recommend this hotel for any type of occasion. The breakfast is delicious as well. Great place to stay!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Kershaw, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here for long weekend. We had 4 people in the room. Had to ask for extra towels and wash clothes every day. Over all though, was a good place to stay. Breakfast was very good. Staff nice and friendly.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
windsor ct
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Decided to stay here based on an excellent experience with another Jameson stay in another state..this Jameson's isa little run down at the heels. While the room was clean and in order, except for a shower curtain rod that was broken, the exterior and corridor maintenance were very poor.....breakfast was good and the dining area was clean, but they really need to take a hard look at exterior appearances...

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Terri H, Manager at Jameson Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We are terribly sorry to hear that your experience with us was less than satisfactory. We try our best to accommodate every guest staying in our hotel first and foremost. I sincerely apologize this was not your experience. If there is anything we can do, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our General Manager's name is Gary Noble. You may reach him at 912-261-0002. We appreciate your comment so that we can better serve you in the future and we sincerely hope that you will give us that chance.

Terri Howard
Operations Manager
Lake Ridge, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was driving from Florida to Virginia and decided to spend the night in Brunswick. I had never stayed at a Jameson Inn. The hotel looked decent from website pictures and the price was right. I booked and prepaid for a King room. When I arrived, there were no King rooms available. The front desk agent explained that central reservation computers are not linked with the hotel computers. It was about 8:00 pm and I was tired so I took the double. The room smelled like sewage and air freshener. There was an old tube TV. The carpet was very dingy and stained. The beds had to have been about 20 years old. I was afraid to look in the bathroom but did. What a mistake. The toilet had not been cleaned and what was left in the toilet was not a rust spot. That was the last straw. I complained to the front desk and got a refund. The front desk personnel were very friendly and understanding.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Terri H, Manager at Jameson Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago

Terri Howard
Operations Manager

Been to Jameson Inn? Share your experiences!