“Filthy...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Country Hearth Inn Brunswick

Country Hearth Inn Brunswick
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brunswick
Country Hearth Inn Brunswick
Save Saved
You added Country Hearth Inn Brunswick to your Saves list
3243 Glynn Ave, Brunswick, GA 31520   |
Ranked #28 of 36 hotels in Brunswick
Atlanta, Georgia
“Filthy...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

We arrived in the early hours of the morning. The clerk gave us our pass key to our non-smoking room. As we entered the room I walked to the bathroom to discover a sink full of ashes. The room reeked of smoke. We went back to the clerk to get a key to another room. I noticed the carpet in the room was filthy. It appeared as if they were never cleaned. I thought, I will just keep my socks on. I went to get in the shower and noticed the shower cutain was covered in mold and mildew. After I got out of the shower I saw what looked like feces smeared on the bathroom walls. When I turned the sheets down on the bed, the linens had greasy smears on them. I wasn't sure whether the sheets had been changed or not. The other bed in the room had a mattress that leaned to one side. My hubby said, he felt he had to hold on to stay in the bed. This is by far the worst hotel I have ever been in. I travel quite extensively in our line of work and have never experienced a room that was so disgusting.

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
North Cackalacky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

Don't let the name Country Hearth fool you. This is in the Ghetto. Save some time and money and stay somewhere else cause you will want to leave as soon as you get there. If you like getting no sleep, getting eaten by bed bugs, and smelling feces, stay here. If you like getting your valuables stolen out of your room, getting your car broken into, and living with cockroaches, stay here. If you like crackheads, own a gun, or enjoy a prostitutes, stay here. Otherwise stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
FLORIDA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

I write this review to warn people of this disgusting facility. We were heading to North Carolina from West Palm Beach, Florida and needed a place to stay half way. We just needed a place to stop with the children and rest so that we could continue our trip. We went to bed and woke up to our beds filled with bed bugs. The bugs were all over my chidlren, it was the most disgusting thing I have ever encounter. Before you stay here think twice, unless you're looking for a "Live BED BUG Show." or your desperate!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

My husband and I planned a trip with my sister and her husband. We came from Florida and they came from Tennessee. My sister said she found a great hotel from the internet and we made reservations for 2 ajoining rooms.

My husband and I were the first to arrive at about 2 am. We paid for 3 nights and were given the key to our room.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We walked in the room and the stench was more than we could manage. No hot water, the linen was absolutely filthy. It looked like it had not been cleaned in weeks.

Needless to say we complained and shown another room (EVEN WORSE) dirty walls, broken furniture and a filthy stench.

Drunks around the unclean pool area, not a good feeling all the way around for this place.

We checked out and said to credit our card immediately. The guy behind the desk not pleased but I am the one paying for this not him.

I wish I had taken pictures but in a hurry to leave.

YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2009

First of all this our room stunk like sewer, there was brown water coming from the floor, when we complained about the foul smell he manager/owner show up with a spray to get rid of the odor (that was his fix!) and told us that they were having problems with the some toilets overflowing other rooms! stay away form this place!! and do not believe the pictures in their web site, those pictures are fake!! this place is a real dump!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

Stay away. That was the most disgusting place I’ve ever been in. I had to relinquish the full cost of a two night reservation but it was worth twice the price just to get out of there. When I checked in there were several other people checking in too. The others there, judging by their clothes, were likely itinerant workers making this their home as all were very familiar with the clerk. I was the only one that used a credit card! I had to pay extra because I booked over the internet. Apparently, if you're a walk in, it's a maximum $49 or whatever you can negotiate. I hardly slept all night. There were loud human activities of all sorts into the wee hours of the morning. The person next door left their TV on all night. I don’t know where they got the linens and towels but I’ve seen better at the salvation army thrift store. My shampoo and conditioner was already opened! The inside of the shower curtain was covered with mould. The stench of this supposedly smoke-free room was sickening. The table I put my computer on had loose legs and seemed like it was about to collapse. There was actually a wireless network to connect to but the signal was poor. The table and bathroom counter was sticky! What do they use for cleaning…apple juice? There was some interesting looking spiders in there too. I wonder what they were hunting. Another night there might have been an interesting ecological study.
When I asked for the second day to be credited the manager refused claiming that I had past the 11:00 AM check-out time. I should have checked out before I went to my AM meeting but you can be sure he would have had another excuse for not refunding then too. (ie. No refunds for internet reservations since they already paid the internet reservation provider!)

Stayed July 2008
illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2008

We had stayed here a couple years ago, because we had our dog along with us and they were one of the few that accepted pets. We enjoyed it for what it was at the time--a clean, but no frills, older motel with a clean, excellent outdoor jacuzzi , so I was surprised to read such horrible reviews here.

We just got back from Georgia and had planned to stay again at the Country Hearth, until we got there.

It is now under new ownership, and has become VERY run down. The bathroom and sink area were really dirty, items were broken or missing in the room, the jacuzzi was filthy, and perhaps worst of all, they now rent rooms by the week and some really unsavory characters were hanging around.

We left and went instead to the Best Western which was very nice. Country Hearth really is a dump.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Country Hearth Inn Brunswick? Share your experiences!