“BE VERY AFRAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Country Hearth Inn Brunswick

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brunswick
Country Hearth Inn Brunswick
3243 Glynn Ave, Brunswick, GA 31520   |
Ranked #28 of 36 hotels in Brunswick
Florida
“BE VERY AFRAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

My husband and I planned a trip with my sister and her husband. We came from Florida and they came from Tennessee. My sister said she found a great hotel from the internet and we made reservations for 2 ajoining rooms.

My husband and I were the first to arrive at about 2 am. We paid for 3 nights and were given the key to our room.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We walked in the room and the stench was more than we could manage. No hot water, the linen was absolutely filthy. It looked like it had not been cleaned in weeks.

Needless to say we complained and shown another room (EVEN WORSE) dirty walls, broken furniture and a filthy stench.

Drunks around the unclean pool area, not a good feeling all the way around for this place.

We checked out and said to credit our card immediately. The guy behind the desk not pleased but I am the one paying for this not him.

I wish I had taken pictures but in a hurry to leave.

YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2009

First of all this our room stunk like sewer, there was brown water coming from the floor, when we complained about the foul smell he manager/owner show up with a spray to get rid of the odor (that was his fix!) and told us that they were having problems with the some toilets overflowing other rooms! stay away form this place!! and do not believe the pictures in their web site, those pictures are fake!! this place is a real dump!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

Stay away. That was the most disgusting place I’ve ever been in. I had to relinquish the full cost of a two night reservation but it was worth twice the price just to get out of there. When I checked in there were several other people checking in too. The others there, judging by their clothes, were likely itinerant workers making this their home as all were very familiar with the clerk. I was the only one that used a credit card! I had to pay extra because I booked over the internet. Apparently, if you're a walk in, it's a maximum $49 or whatever you can negotiate. I hardly slept all night. There were loud human activities of all sorts into the wee hours of the morning. The person next door left their TV on all night. I don’t know where they got the linens and towels but I’ve seen better at the salvation army thrift store. My shampoo and conditioner was already opened! The inside of the shower curtain was covered with mould. The stench of this supposedly smoke-free room was sickening. The table I put my computer on had loose legs and seemed like it was about to collapse. There was actually a wireless network to connect to but the signal was poor. The table and bathroom counter was sticky! What do they use for cleaning…apple juice? There was some interesting looking spiders in there too. I wonder what they were hunting. Another night there might have been an interesting ecological study.
When I asked for the second day to be credited the manager refused claiming that I had past the 11:00 AM check-out time. I should have checked out before I went to my AM meeting but you can be sure he would have had another excuse for not refunding then too. (ie. No refunds for internet reservations since they already paid the internet reservation provider!)

Stayed July 2008
illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2008

We had stayed here a couple years ago, because we had our dog along with us and they were one of the few that accepted pets. We enjoyed it for what it was at the time--a clean, but no frills, older motel with a clean, excellent outdoor jacuzzi , so I was surprised to read such horrible reviews here.

We just got back from Georgia and had planned to stay again at the Country Hearth, until we got there.

It is now under new ownership, and has become VERY run down. The bathroom and sink area were really dirty, items were broken or missing in the room, the jacuzzi was filthy, and perhaps worst of all, they now rent rooms by the week and some really unsavory characters were hanging around.

We left and went instead to the Best Western which was very nice. Country Hearth really is a dump.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2007

As we checked online, this location seemed to have all the amenities we were looking for: mic, frig, pool, etc. The pictures seemed nice and we booked. Nasty room, the only cups for the room were unwrapped and sitting on the bathroom counter top...double gross! The kind of room one is afraid to walk barefoot in.
No coffee, no restaurant (probably would never eat there anyway) , no exercise equipment as advertised,. We ended our stay early and went to the Days Inn on Jekyll Island for only $10 more a night. I will never book online again without checking this website, bad move on my part!

• Disliked — Dirty rooms
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

Stay away!!! I had gone with a group of friends but because of the management's attitude we left the place with in hours of reaching there.
The listing says free Internet and all but we did not get the internet in our room and when one of us went to ask at the front desk, the girl at the front desk called the cops. The police man who came looked accustomed to this kind of incidents as he did not even ask what the matter was and started questioning my friend. The rooms stink and there were drunk guys in the swimming pool who were trying to harass my other friend while she was talking on the phone.
The listing says great things about this place but the property is very run down and looks shabby.
When we told the manager that we wanted to leave the hotel early and if he could issue a refund he said no and said if we asked for refunds he would call the cops on the charge of harassing his employees.
We did not want to spoil our vacation so we left the place without the refund but I want to tell everyone that please dont get lured by the description, this is the worst place to stay. There are other very good motels and inns in Brunswick at more or less the same price.
We went to Econolodge after that and enjoyed our rest of the stay in Golden Isles of Georgia.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Buckinghamshire, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2007

Beware - we had to cancel our trip as my father died suddenly - gave the hotel 5 days notice, but they still charged my credit card with double the amount agreed for the room and up to now (March 2007) are still refusing to refund the money.

Stayed October 2006

Been to Country Hearth Inn Brunswick? Share your experiences!