“Misleading” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 36 hotels in Brunswick
Waynesboro, Georgia
“Misleading”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I made a reservation at this hotel a month before I had to arrive. I was given a decent rate to stay for 3 nights. About two weeks before my husband and I were to arrive, I checked my email and the rate that I was given was gone. They had doubled my rate to $102 a night. I was outraged. I immediately called Customer Service to see if I could change my rate back to what it originally was and they informed me that they could not modify my reservation so I wanted to cancel. They then said that they could not cancel my reservation either. So I immediately requested a manager to be put on the phone. They said that I would have to get a call back. After about 10 minutes, I received a call back from the manager of the hotel and he informed me that he indeed cancelled my reservation then he tried to give me another reservation for the same price. I was not interested. I was willing to stay at this time ONLY if they had changed my rate back but they refused. I was really lucky to find another hotel to accommodate us. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

i have stayed at this motel many times and i keep coming back and I am never disappointed. The rooms are clean,the linens are clean. The hospitality is outstanding. Every staff member has always treated me well and has had a smile.The location is convienent with many different food choices nearby.Dollar store is close and handy and the Sidney Lanier bridge and Emerald Princess is within ten miles. Nice and quiet.

Room Tip: ask about different room layouts.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
jit000, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brunswick South, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank You very much for your review. We greatly appreciate your positive response to our hospitality. We do try to do our best to keep our property clean and we are glad that everything is convenient for your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Jit Panchal,
Manager
Talla, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was in Brunswick for a family event. I would definitely stay here again. My room was neat and clean. Management was very polite and helpful. Check in process was quick and easy. Good location and easy to find. There is a Starbucks close by which I like. I would recommend this hotel to travelers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
jit000, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brunswick South, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us during your visit to Brunswick. We hope to provide a pleasant experience for all of our guests, and it fills us with a sense of pride every time we have confirmation of a great stay at our property. Thank you very much and we look forward to your return.
Roanoke, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My sister was navigatiing on this trip while I drove. She read the reviews here for the Microtel in Brunswick, which I think was the North Brunswick location. Reviews sounded good so she called the number listed on Trip Advisor. We thought she was calling the hotel but it turned out to be a booking service. We needed 2 rooms (2 other relatives with us) and were told that the location we wanted didn't have 2 rooms available, so we were offered this location. Price sounded a little high, but we took it as we were ready to stop soon! When we arrived the desk clerk said if we'd called the hotel directly we'd have gotten a better rate. We thought we were calling the hotel directly. We'd confirmed the rate over the phone so couldn't change it once we checked in. The room layout was odd, small, tired looking, with a few inconveniences (why is the toilet paper so far away from the toilet?). The tub drain in one of our rooms was corroded and nasty looking. It was a comfortable place to sleep, but I don't think we'd stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
jit000, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brunswick South, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I apologize about the confusion while booking your hotel room. Our hotel is an older hotel, but we are planning on updating our rooms shortly. I do hope that you could give us anouther chance in the future and we will be happy to take your reservation over the phone anytime you call the hotel.

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brunswick South? Share your experiences!