“DREARY ROOM” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #22 of 36 hotels in Brunswick

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Amherst
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

At check in, there was a customer in front of me that was told that was not available. I don't know what they were asking for but I said to the clerk at the desk, "That don't sound good",but when I produced a special offer I'd picked up at a rest stop, she said let me check to see if we still have that available. It was available and we excepted the offer.

It turned out to be a small suite which we enjoyed. It was an answer to a long day on the road.
We enjoy Microtels and when on the road we look for either Microtel or Hampton Inn.

Microtel is usually the best value.

There is one thing I would change there and that is the computor set up for customers. I think it should be moved from right there at the check in desk to another location. Other than this particuler item everthing was fine.
We were well satisfied.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the small suite.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
jit000, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brunswick South, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
We are always happy to have a good review. Thank you for your time posting this and we hope to see you again the next time you are in town.
Jit Panchel
Naples
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I were very satisfied the workers were friendly helpfull. would go again and not look for another place to stay also will check it out in oher states we were very satisfied with allit was also very clean

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I am happy my staff was able to make such a favorable impression on you. Thank you for your kind words and I hope you have the same excellent stay no matter which Microtel you happen to be visiting.
VERO BEACH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Nice clean, quiet nights sleep. Easy location to find. Would stay here again. Good value for the money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

We are always happy to have repeat customers and look forward in getting to know you on your future visit. Thank you for your business.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

I thought we had booked a Queen Suite w/ sofa at the Microtel North - which had great reviews... Unfortunately it was the Microtel South (think Heaven and Hell, respectively). We had made the reservation within 1 hour of arrival - but once we arrived - they only had Queen bed - no sofa available. We travel with our Wheaten Terrier so we need pet friendly properties. The room was filthy and so small our dog's legs touched the wall when she slept in her dog bed. This is the kind of place you sleep with one eye open and hope you don't pick up souvenirs - like bed bugs. There was a young mother and her child by the pool - the mother said the water was so murkey she could not even see the bottom. Yuck! Learn from my mistake - DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2012
I apologize about the confusion with the other Microtel in our area. We have rbeen doing deep cleanings and renovation to our hotel since your stay, but would like to assure you we have never had any complaints of bed bugs from our hotel.
As to the pool I have seen to it personally and will be keeping a closer eye on its cleanliness.
I hope you will reconsider our hotel if you are ever in that area, and I thank you for your criticisms so that we are able to right our wrongs.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have stayed here a few times when I knew I wouldn't be hanging out in the room too much. It is is not particularly modern or high end but it is clean. It is right on I-95 so it is a decent, cheap stop if you are heading down to Florida and need a late night crash. And...it is not far from Jekyll.

Room Tip: The suites are still dirt cheap and a little nicer.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
We have been attempting to update our humble hotel and hope that we can change you mind the next time you stay. Thank you for your repeat business and we hope to see you again.
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

We are staying overnite a microtel exit 29 off I-95, WeI wont be staying here again. We stayed here last year on our way home from Florida and it was quite pleasant. The past year seems to have taken its toll on the quality of the place, The room had pubic hairs in the tubt that we had to rinse down and have housekeeping clean.The bed spread has holes in it along with walls that look dirty and bruised. We had to walk up to the second floor as the elevator was out of service. We couldn't get in the side door with our card and advised the front desk and they didnt seem to care and pointed out to us that the elevator was broken too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
I apologize for my staff. They are always encouraged to be helpful and hospitable at all times. As for the unsanitary conditions of your room there is no excuse. I have started checking behind all of my housekeepers to ensure that every guest is welcomed with a clean room and fresh linens. Our elevator now works and we have had no more problems with it.
I hope you can forgive us and let us attempt to win you business again. Thank you for your criticism so that we may always better our hotel.
Jit Panchal

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brunswick South? Share your experiences!