“Best BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 158 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Sonny's BBQ offers a variety of barbeque meats, including St. Louis Cut Ribs and Sonny's Signature Baby Backs, Pulled Beef Brisket, Pulled and Sliced Pork, Sliced Turkey, and Chicken, all smoked slowly over a hardwood fire. Today, with 126 restaurants in nine southeastern states, Sonny's BBQ is one of the largest, most popular barbeque chains in the country. Our secret? We cook it up slow and serve it up fast and friendly.
“Best BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

To be fair, I was raised near the first Sonnys, so I've always been partial to them. The local bbq places are decent, but I prefer Sonnys. The chicken sandwich is my favorite, or the pulled turkey. Add some sweet n' spicy sauce and you have a great meal.

Visited December 2012

Brunswick, Georgia
“Local”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have lived in Brunswick, GA for a long time and I have eaten at Sonny's Barbeque many many times. The food is wonderful, the service is great and among all servers Earl is outstanding.
Most anything you get on their menu will be enjoyable. I am not fond of the regular ribs but let me say the baby backs are a whole different story.
It is so close to the interstate you will be off and back on in no time. You do not have to wait for your food long at all unless you might would order chargrilled chicken breast or a hamburger, let me say they both are well worth the wait.
So if anyone is in the Brunswick, GA area, being a local and an expert on Sonny's I would definitely say stop in. You won't be sorry.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, NC
“Hate to sat it, but just "average"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

While visiting GA, we ate at Sonny's - and I blame myself for average-to-poor menu choices. We got the beef brisket combo and smoked turkey combo... whereas (in hindsight) we should have gone with pork barbecue.

Our meat (in both cases) was dry and rather tasteless... and needed a lot of sauce squirted on them. Just not a good experience. Again --- average-to-poor. Also, I ordered banana pudding - and did not like how it was just pudding surrounded by vanilla wafers (where's the bananas?).

Even the service was just average-to-poor. Don't know if this was just a bad day for Sonny's or what - but overall, we expected a lot better.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, North Carolina
“great BBQ, gotta love Sonny's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

there's not a whole lot of these places, so whenever i go through Brunswick i make sure to stop for some BBQ and beer. great value and good service and you can jump right back on I-95 and hit the road since its right off the exit. its been renovated recently too, real nice, they even have a bar area (which is the only one ive seen at a sonnys)

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brunswick, Georgia, USA
“Newly Renovated - Awesome Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The newly renovated Sonny's BBQ is a delight! The service, food and prices are fantastic and it's in a great location at exit 36 off of I-95. Visit today!

Visited August 2012