“Owner and cleaning lady to loud” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Brunswick/South

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Brunswick/South to your Saves list
Super 8 Brunswick/South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   211 Palisade Drive, I-95 - Exit 29 - US 17, Brunswick, GA 31520   |
Ranked #23 of 36 hotels in Brunswick
VA
“Owner and cleaning lady to loud”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was my second time staying at this hotel! I drive for a living, sleep is so important and valuable to me! I checked in at 1230 am in the morning. I took a shower, grabbed a bit to eat and went to sleep around 4 am. I was expecting to sleep until 1030 am because check out wasn't until 11am. I was woken up to a knock at the door at 930 by the cleaning lady. After I explained to her that check out was at 11 am she left. About 30 minutes later I was woken back up by two people talking loudly outside of the door. I spoke with the manager when I checked out. She informed me that the man talking was the owner and the woman was the cleaning lady. I was very disappointed and the manager said that the cleaning lady knew not to knock on doors and that the manager would speak with her again. I was a little disappointed that the only offer the manager made was "sorry" to try and resolve this issue, even after explaining that I was a returning customer and that I come to this area frequently.

The room was clean, bed was cofmy, again only enough towels for one person without long hair to use. Super 8 does offer a CDL rate, you must show your license to receive the discount. My recommendation if staying here is to not take any first floor rooms close to the lobby, and ask for more towels at check in. If you need more than 3 pillows ask for more too! There are 3 great staff members who are very helpful, maybe the owner and cleaning lady should take some customer service lessons from them!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Tracy D, Manager at Super 8 Brunswick/South, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Rachel,
I apologize for your negative experience during your stay with us. You will receive a discounted rate at your next stay. We greatly appreciate your business and do not want to lose you as a valued customer. Thank you for giving us the chance to make things right for you.

Jit Super 8 Brunswick/South (Mgr)

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Conway, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

this was not what i expected . I have never stayed in any motel that was so full of roaches. The furniture was worn out. air conditioner did not work in first room and had to move. second room was no better.

Room Tip: i would not advise anyone to stay at this location. The roaches were all over the place. I did rep...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tracy D, Manager at Super 8 Brunswick/South, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
I would like to apologize for your inconveniences during your stay with us. I would just like to inform you that we have recently renovated the rooms with new furniture and bedding. Our location has an extermination company replacement so that all rooms are pest free. We do appreciate your patronage and would like to offer you a discount if you would like to revisit us and see our improvements.
Jit
Manager
Black Mountain, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stopped at this motel on my way to Florida because I was caught in a terrible rainstorm. I paid my money and was given room 121. This room should be condemned by the board of health. Human smears on walls and carpets, a front door with rot up 1/3 of it and a terrible wet water stain on the ceiling. I barely slept and invisioned that a jail cell would be cleaner.
The next morning where checking out I took the manager into my room. He was very non phased about my compalaints.

i WOULD NEVER STAY IN ANY ROOM SUCH AS THIS AGAIN IN MY LIFE !

Room Tip: leave before you pay!
Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
jit000, Manager at Super 8 Brunswick/South, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Sir,
I would like to say sorry for the inconveniences of your stay at Super 8 Brunswick South, We have recently renovated our rooms, changed Manager, switched pest control companies, and have new televisions ordered, Our cable company in this area has also worked out several issues with our boxes sometimes not responding to the remotes. I'm sure you would be pleased with our property.

Been to Super 8 Brunswick/South? Share your experiences!