“Should have slept in my car” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Brunswick/South

You added Super 8 Brunswick/South to your Saves list
Super 8 Brunswick/South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   211 Palisade Drive, I-95 - Exit 29 - US 17, Brunswick, GA 31520   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Conway, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

this was not what i expected . I have never stayed in any motel that was so full of roaches. The furniture was worn out. air conditioner did not work in first room and had to move. second room was no better.

Room Tip: i would not advise anyone to stay at this location. The roaches were all over the place. I did rep...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tracy D, Manager at Super 8 Brunswick/South, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
I would like to apologize for your inconveniences during your stay with us. I would just like to inform you that we have recently renovated the rooms with new furniture and bedding. Our location has an extermination company replacement so that all rooms are pest free. We do appreciate your patronage and would like to offer you a discount if you would like to revisit us and see our improvements.
Jit
Manager
Black Mountain, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stopped at this motel on my way to Florida because I was caught in a terrible rainstorm. I paid my money and was given room 121. This room should be condemned by the board of health. Human smears on walls and carpets, a front door with rot up 1/3 of it and a terrible wet water stain on the ceiling. I barely slept and invisioned that a jail cell would be cleaner.
The next morning where checking out I took the manager into my room. He was very non phased about my compalaints.

i WOULD NEVER STAY IN ANY ROOM SUCH AS THIS AGAIN IN MY LIFE !

Room Tip: leave before you pay!
Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
jit000, Manager at Super 8 Brunswick/South, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Sir,
I would like to say sorry for the inconveniences of your stay at Super 8 Brunswick South, We have recently renovated our rooms, changed Manager, switched pest control companies, and have new televisions ordered, Our cable company in this area has also worked out several issues with our boxes sometimes not responding to the remotes. I'm sure you would be pleased with our property.
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

There was alot of roaches in the room. The bathroom was very dirty and the sheets has stains in it and the breakfast was terrible. This super 8 needs major updating because the furniture is out of date and the beds are horrible, I rather spend a day in jail than to stay at super 8. The manager was extremely rude when we were checking out and was constantly talking on the phone with some one else and didn't even care about us. The carpet had alot of stains in it. The air unit doesn't work. I think the super 8 Franchise Company should come in and do an inspection of this place. Worst super 8 ever

Room Tip: Worst super 8 ever
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Barnesville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

The room was freshly painted, walls with overspray on furniture and lamp shades. The bath mat was worn and had rough edges. The furniture was damaged with veneer pealing off the edges. The room had a phone, but did not have a phone cord attached to it. Two lamps were unplugged and the edges of the carpet by the walls had not been vacuumed. The breakfast was OK but nothing to write home about. The desk clerk advised us that a king bed was not available on the ground floor because the hotel was booked. We ended up in two beds on the bottom floor. I guess all the guests arrived after 9 pm and left before 7 am since there were only about 12 cars in the parking lot at that time. Stay next door in a newer hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a hotel on either side of this one!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Brunswick/South? Share your experiences!