“roaches run rampant.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Brunswick/South

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Brunswick/South to your Saves list
Super 8 Brunswick/South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   211 Palisade Drive, I-95 - Exit 29 - US 17, Brunswick, GA 31520   |
Ranked #23 of 36 hotels in Brunswick
Conway, South Carolina, United States
“roaches run rampant.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

this was not what i expected . I have never stayed in any motel that was so full of roaches. The furniture was worn out. air conditioner did not work in first room and had to move. second room was no better.

Room Tip: i would not advise anyone to stay at this location. The roaches were all over the place. I did rep...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tracy D, Manager at Super 8 Brunswick/South, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
I would like to apologize for your inconveniences during your stay with us. I would just like to inform you that we have recently renovated the rooms with new furniture and bedding. Our location has an extermination company replacement so that all rooms are pest free. We do appreciate your patronage and would like to offer you a discount if you would like to revisit us and see our improvements.
Jit
Manager

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Black Mountain, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stopped at this motel on my way to Florida because I was caught in a terrible rainstorm. I paid my money and was given room 121. This room should be condemned by the board of health. Human smears on walls and carpets, a front door with rot up 1/3 of it and a terrible wet water stain on the ceiling. I barely slept and invisioned that a jail cell would be cleaner.
The next morning where checking out I took the manager into my room. He was very non phased about my compalaints.

i WOULD NEVER STAY IN ANY ROOM SUCH AS THIS AGAIN IN MY LIFE !

Room Tip: leave before you pay!
Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
jit000, Manager at Super 8 Brunswick/South, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Sir,
I would like to say sorry for the inconveniences of your stay at Super 8 Brunswick South, We have recently renovated our rooms, changed Manager, switched pest control companies, and have new televisions ordered, Our cable company in this area has also worked out several issues with our boxes sometimes not responding to the remotes. I'm sure you would be pleased with our property.
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

There was alot of roaches in the room. The bathroom was very dirty and the sheets has stains in it and the breakfast was terrible. This super 8 needs major updating because the furniture is out of date and the beds are horrible, I rather spend a day in jail than to stay at super 8. The manager was extremely rude when we were checking out and was constantly talking on the phone with some one else and didn't even care about us. The carpet had alot of stains in it. The air unit doesn't work. I think the super 8 Franchise Company should come in and do an inspection of this place. Worst super 8 ever

Room Tip: Worst super 8 ever
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Barnesville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

The room was freshly painted, walls with overspray on furniture and lamp shades. The bath mat was worn and had rough edges. The furniture was damaged with veneer pealing off the edges. The room had a phone, but did not have a phone cord attached to it. Two lamps were unplugged and the edges of the carpet by the walls had not been vacuumed. The breakfast was OK but nothing to write home about. The desk clerk advised us that a king bed was not available on the ground floor because the hotel was booked. We ended up in two beds on the bottom floor. I guess all the guests arrived after 9 pm and left before 7 am since there were only about 12 cars in the parking lot at that time. Stay next door in a newer hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a hotel on either side of this one!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My family and I planned a trip to Savannah for a couple of days, but only the loose details. We saw the Super 8, and after hearing the price, decided that 120 would be reasonable for a two bed room. Upon arrival, the beds were made, the sink was washed, and the bathtub was in good condition. But, by morning, after all four of us had used the facilities, we realized that the toilet had not once flushed completely, My sister attempted to flush it twice, trying to get it down, but it overflowed. Thinking that it was our fault, we went to the front desk, only to get stuck standing there for 20-30 minutes. After alerting the management, we waited a bit more. We were then informed by the housekeeping staff that the manager knew that the toilet backed up, but had placed us there anyway. The toilet was eventually repaired, after about an hour, but no one offered to clean the mess. My aunt vociferously complained, we were moved to a much nicer, better room free of charge for the upgrade.

Room Tip: The A/C units spit out the cool air perfectly
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

The place is not the Taj Mahal by any means but it's a place to get good nights rest. The room was clean for the most part tho it looked like they hadn't pulled the sofa or any other furniture out in quite awhile to clean. The rest of the room was clean. I only paid $51 for the night so i wasn't expecting a 4 star hotel but was surprised that the room was in as good of shape as it was. My only complaint besides the dirt behind furniture was the fridge was dirty and didn't get cold. I would recommend this motel if you are looking for a cheap place to get a nights sleep.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Newark, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Housekeeping not only does a poor job, they are hostile and aggressive if you dare to approach the checkout time. We stayed there Nov 8, 2011. The room smelled, the refrigerator was dirty, and there was trash in one of the dresser drawers. The rubber mat inside the tub apparently had been glued down and there was black crap on the glue. The fluorescent tubes above the vanity were flickering and cast out candlelight lumens.

We were running a little late getting going in the morning, but 30 min before the 11am checkout time, we started receiving phone calls demanding that we get out by 11. We asked for a 30 min extension, but were refused. We didn't know it at the time, but the calls were coming from housekeeping, not the front desk. At 11, one of the housekeepers starting banging on the door. We explained again that we would be a little delayed, but no sooner had we shut the door that they started banging again and they berated us when we answered. We managed to check out by 11:15. The person at the front desk was fine. We reported the problems to her, but we were so upset, we would never consider stopping here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Brunswick/South? Share your experiences!