“Stay next door to this Super 8” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Brunswick/South

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Brunswick/South to your Saves list
Super 8 Brunswick/South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   211 Palisade Drive, I-95 - Exit 29 - US 17, Brunswick, GA 31520   |
Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Barnesville, Georgia
“Stay next door to this Super 8”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

The room was freshly painted, walls with overspray on furniture and lamp shades. The bath mat was worn and had rough edges. The furniture was damaged with veneer pealing off the edges. The room had a phone, but did not have a phone cord attached to it. Two lamps were unplugged and the edges of the carpet by the walls had not been vacuumed. The breakfast was OK but nothing to write home about. The desk clerk advised us that a king bed was not available on the ground floor because the hotel was booked. We ended up in two beds on the bottom floor. I guess all the guests arrived after 9 pm and left before 7 am since there were only about 12 cars in the parking lot at that time. Stay next door in a newer hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a hotel on either side of this one!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My family and I planned a trip to Savannah for a couple of days, but only the loose details. We saw the Super 8, and after hearing the price, decided that 120 would be reasonable for a two bed room. Upon arrival, the beds were made, the sink was washed, and the bathtub was in good condition. But, by morning, after all four of us had used the facilities, we realized that the toilet had not once flushed completely, My sister attempted to flush it twice, trying to get it down, but it overflowed. Thinking that it was our fault, we went to the front desk, only to get stuck standing there for 20-30 minutes. After alerting the management, we waited a bit more. We were then informed by the housekeeping staff that the manager knew that the toilet backed up, but had placed us there anyway. The toilet was eventually repaired, after about an hour, but no one offered to clean the mess. My aunt vociferously complained, we were moved to a much nicer, better room free of charge for the upgrade.

Room Tip: The A/C units spit out the cool air perfectly
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

The place is not the Taj Mahal by any means but it's a place to get good nights rest. The room was clean for the most part tho it looked like they hadn't pulled the sofa or any other furniture out in quite awhile to clean. The rest of the room was clean. I only paid $51 for the night so i wasn't expecting a 4 star hotel but was surprised that the room was in as good of shape as it was. My only complaint besides the dirt behind furniture was the fridge was dirty and didn't get cold. I would recommend this motel if you are looking for a cheap place to get a nights sleep.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Newark, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Housekeeping not only does a poor job, they are hostile and aggressive if you dare to approach the checkout time. We stayed there Nov 8, 2011. The room smelled, the refrigerator was dirty, and there was trash in one of the dresser drawers. The rubber mat inside the tub apparently had been glued down and there was black crap on the glue. The fluorescent tubes above the vanity were flickering and cast out candlelight lumens.

We were running a little late getting going in the morning, but 30 min before the 11am checkout time, we started receiving phone calls demanding that we get out by 11. We asked for a 30 min extension, but were refused. We didn't know it at the time, but the calls were coming from housekeeping, not the front desk. At 11, one of the housekeepers starting banging on the door. We explained again that we would be a little delayed, but no sooner had we shut the door that they started banging again and they berated us when we answered. We managed to check out by 11:15. The person at the front desk was fine. We reported the problems to her, but we were so upset, we would never consider stopping here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Hickory, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Great access from I-95. Close to restaurants. Rooms seem dated and worn. Room was fairly clean. Reserved online, but actual price paid was less at check-in than quoted.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
jit000, Manager at Super 8 Brunswick/South, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Thank you for staying with us, and we appreciate the review.
We look forward to seing you again when you pass this way.
We are painting and updating all rooms, so you will even see an improvement next time
MC CORDSVILLE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

We stopped at Super 8 in Brunswick on our way back from Florida. It had been a several hour drive and was getting late. Super 8 was a name I felt comfortable with.

I pulled off, checked with the office and was told there were rooms available. I paid my $67 (this was including tax) and we went to the room.

I got straight in the tub and noticed the walls of the shower were nasty, so I wiped it down. As I sat in the tub, it looked like blood or dirt on the facing of the bathroom door. About this time, I started to hear screaming from an adjoining or upstairs room. It was loud, violent fighting. I got out of the tub and my 12 and 15 year old were terrified. As I walked to the bed, I found a 3 inch long cockroach dead on the carpet. While the kids were telling me about the fighting, and that they were scared, another roach ran over my daughter's foot. I reported this all to the desk, and was only told that I could check out if I wanted but I got no refund because I used the tub.

I paid almost $70 for the most horrific 30 minutes of any trip I have ever taken in my life.

I'm disappointed that neither the manager or corporate honored the Super 8 name and gave even a partial refund. I called corporate on the way out of the parking lot. They said I would hear back within 3 days, it has been 8 days and not a word. In addition, I filled out the email survey they sent, they responded by saying "sorry you had a problem, hope you will try us again soon" It will be NEVER!!

Save yourself, your family and trip and stay away from this pit!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2009

Typical Super 8. Good quality room--clean with no noticeable problems. It's "good for the money." I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Brunswick/South? Share your experiences!