“Very nice rooms, fitness area, and breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Brunswick Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Brunswick Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Brunswick Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   126 Venture Drive, Brunswick, GA 31525 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites Brunswick)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #2 of 36 hotels in Brunswick
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very nice rooms, fitness area, and breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We really enjoyed this property. The room was very nice and clean. Breakfast had plenty of options. And the fitness room was better than most I've seen in hotels. The only complaint I have is that we asked to have a later checkout (because we checked in at 3am) and they threatened to tack on a half day pay if we stayed any later (up to two hours - after that it would be another full additional day). Despite that, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: First floor was nice and close to breakfast and fitness areas.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Brunswick Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We appreciate your comments on the Best Western Plus in Brunswick. We try to accommodate late check outs when we can and we are sorry that it was not possible on the day of your departure. Thank you for your business and please plan to visit us again soon.

328 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Monnickendam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Nice welcome and service.

Good breakfast with bagels, small muffin's, and also warm egg's and bacon.

The suite was very large and a big king bed. Only the bed sheets were way to small for the bed, and came loose during sleep.

The gym is really horrible. Machines were broken, and the tv's had only one channel. The vacuumcleaner hasn't seen this room for a few years..........so don't lay on the ground for exercise.

Room Tip: choose a suite on top floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry that you found our fitness room our of order and not to your expectations. We have addressed the items mentioned so no one else has the problem. We appreiate your comments and hope you will choose to stay with us again soon.
Lancaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was our second year of making an overnight stay at this motel on our trip down to Florida. We really like the great rooms that are large and very clean. The location is by the interstate, but there isn't any appreciable noise in the room from it. There is a nice, easy to walk to restaurant right nearby that is great to stretch out the legs to reach after those long driving times. The hot breakfast in the morning is also a plus. So far our check-in, check-out experiences have been great. You get a clean, comfortable stay for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Brunswick Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
We are go happy that you have chosen us for the last two years during your visit to our area. To know we have done our job good enough for you to become a return customer give all of us a boost and determation to keep doing a good job.
Thank you for your kind remarks about the Best Western Plus in Brunswick Ga. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing on your next visit to Brunswick.
Manassas, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times on business and find the accomodations meet my needs. My review is of the management staff. After a recent reservation I had a billing issue and after contacting the property for resolution I was told by front desk staff to "dispute" it with the credit card company which I did. I attempted to contact the GM via phone and email to discuss the issue and my calls/emails were left unreturned by management which says to me that they could care less about my issue. As a result I have deciced to use the the Courtyard by Marriott across the road for my business travel which employs a staff that is responsive to their customers. I have a choice where I stay for my business travel and I have exercised my option to stay elsewhere. Poor customer service in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Brunswick Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
We are sorry that there is a misunderstanding about your reservation in June,2012. According to what you have told us, this reservation was made on a Fedrooms.com therefore, the reservation comes to us by Fedrooms and cancellation has to come from the same website. Since we have no record of the cancellation, your grievance should be address to the party where you make the reservation. As a measure of kindness on our part, we are willing to refund the cost of one night stay. As your credit card company told you, in the future, you must address items such as these immediately. Most of the time when you wait 4 months to bring this to our attention, there is little that we can do.
Again, we apologize for your dissatisfaction with the situation. I hope you agree to a refund of one night stay as a token of our wiliness to help.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

When we arrived at the motel just before 10:00 PM, we presented the desk man our confirmation number that we got from the Best Western national number. He said it wasn't in his system, so he couldn't do anything about it. He said that we had to call the phone reservation number and get it cleared up. It took an additional forty minutes to resolve, and the desk man (Gary) was no help whatsoever.
Whenever I've encountered problems in the past, the person at check-in usually worked hard to resolve the issue. Not Gary. He even went so far as to look down and ignore us as we struggled to sort it out. Funny, I've always thought of the motel industry as a service industry.
The property is clean and has a great location, but the management needs to find a better night clerk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Brunswick Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I apologize for the confusion with your check-in. When we searched for your reservation and found that it was not in our system, it was about all we could do at that point. Gary certainly did not mean to give you the impression that he did not care, it was that he did not have enough information to find the reservation in question. Gary is a valued employee and I am sorry that is was your impression was that he did not care.
Thank you for your remarks about the room. Regardless of the situation, we do appreciate your business.
Again, we apologize for the confusion.
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Upon arrival&after checking in I asked Sanjay Bhakta if it was possible to change our room since my wife hurt her knee and wanted to be on the first floor .Mr. Bhakta changed our room promptly and courteously. The room was spacious,clean and the bed was comfortable.The internet was good,TV worked well.We did have a quiet restful night. In all this hotel was a good value for the money spent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words about Sanjay, we are so glad we could accommodate your needs with your wife's injured knee. Everyone at the Best Western in Brunswick works hard to meet th needs and requests of our guest to insure happy guest. Sanjay Bhakta's leadership has been a very positive influence on all of us. Please plan to visit us again soon, we appreciate your business.
Ostrander, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I attended a wedding on St. Simons Island and looked at lots of different options for lodging but ultimately decided on the Best Western Plus in Brunswick and are so glad that we did. The location was great, accessible to everything but no noise from I-95. Our room was very clean, felt brand new and the bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast was perfect and convenient. We stayed at the end of the hall on the first floor which was very convenient, we parked just outside the door so it was a quick and easy in and out of the hotel. We got a great rate for the stay, the hotel was just as nice as some of the hotels on the island that would have been at least twice as much. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: End of the hall on the first floor is convenient for easy in and out.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Brunswick Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
I am so glad you found our hotel and the convenience to St. Simons, your remarks certainly makes our staff realize their hard work is paying off. Come see us again soon, we appreciate your business.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Brunswick Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!