“It's the real thing. Honest food; honest service; honest pricing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of jinright's seafood house

jinright's seafood house
Glynn Ave--Hwy 17, Brunswick, GA
Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 148 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Winder, GA
“It's the real thing. Honest food; honest service; honest pricing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Jinright's has been a staple of ours often when we've visited the Golden Isles. There's nothing fancy about it - No bar, no wine, no beer, just cokes or tea (though sweet and unsweet are available). But you don't go to enjoy the drinks. It's the seafood that gives that feeling that you've been reunited with an old friend.

We both ordered the fried shrimp. Service was prompt, the food hot, the potatos steaming. I wasn't jump-up-and-down thrilled with the hushpuppies, as there seemed to be something missing. But there was nothing missing about the fried shrimp. Light, flaky crusts embracing a delightful and tasty shrimp just begging to be slathered in tarter sauce.

The atmosphere is spartan, and we had to ask a different waitress for more drinks and napkins, but she complied with a smile, and we left full and happy. Yeah, I'll be back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Springfield, Missouri
“Shrimp was very good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I'm a Yankee boy and I don't know too much about shrimp, but this was the best I've ever had. The portion size was more than I could eat; maybe it's just the Brunswick shrimp, I don't know. The place seems a bit run down and the service was average. I'd go back though.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Braselton, Georgia
“What happened????”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

This is my second review of this establishment. In my previous review I really enjoyed my visit. This time, so much has changed.

The menu has changed. Now you are handed a 2 sided piece of copy paper in a plastic cover. It's not very extensive and difficult to see what they have.

I ordered a combo plate with shrimp and tilapia. I asked if I could mix the preparation and was told no, they have to be prepped the same way. So, I ended up with a whole lot of blacked stuff, because I didn't want the fish fried. Seeing as how there were about 8 of us in the place, you would think they would just be happy somebody was ordering.

The food was ok, but not great. I ate it all, so it wasn't too bad, but it just seems to have changed and not for the better.

Sad really, it has a nice theme and somewhat friendly staff. Wait staff was REALLY friendly, maybe overly, so at times it seemed fake.The service was prompt and food came out quickly.

Unfortunately, I can see why it was on the slim to none side of full and I probably won't return again.

Muncie, Indiana
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We ate here with friends who have enjoyed it for years. Nothing fancy, but the service was very friendly, especially our waitress Linda who was just delightful. The food was good, served hot and fairly quickly. The blackened shrimp is spicy, the fried shrimp is lightly battered and very good. Our friends really enjoy the oyster and fried clams. Portions are good, we did not leave hungry! It is a clean little local eatery with well spaced tables covered with pretty sea coast themed tablecloths.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Grease Pit.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Just don't eat here. The food is so greasy. It just was a really bad experience. I will never go back. Not sure how they are still in business.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere