“Very basic, but met the need” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book in Advance; Save 15%
Ranked #32 of 36 hotels in Brunswick
Eastern NC
“Very basic, but met the need”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Did not intentionally pick this place, driving down to Florida and needed some rest. Thanks to the app we found this place. Had a bed, was secure and had breakfast. Would stay here again in the future...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had an extended stay at Ramada Brunswick from early Feb until late Mar 2014. The rates are competitively priced, the rooms are adequately furnished and serviced, the area is quiet. What sets this hotel apart is the staff. The front desk staff (Bobbi, April, Brittany, and manager Bambi) are all helpful, friendly, very attentive, and professional. The housekeeping staff (Maria and Mary) are pleasant and competent. Never had a question or a request for any staff member that went unanswered or unfulfilled. There's nothing fancy about the hotel or the facilities, but the desk and housekeeping employees more than make up that difference. Will certainly stay again when in Brunswick.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
RamadaBrunswick, Front Office Manager at Ramada Brunswick, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your wonderful comments on Our Hotel and staff. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Brunswick.
Perry, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I am a proud patron of the wyndham family of hotels. I've only stayed in hotels within this brand for over 5 years. When I learned if be traveling to Brunswick, this hotel was in the chain and had the best ratings. Price was reasonable, but a good chunk less than what I am use to. (I don't mind spending more if I know I will have added comforts). This room came up to $54, and I'm used to the $80-100 price range, so I didn't expect the Taj Mahal, but It could have at least been a little cleaner and updated.

Upon checking in, the attendant was helping someone else while I waited. Turns out, it's was just a visit from her boyfriend, not a customer. She pretty much gave me a key and sent me on my way. When I got to my room, it was dark and a tad bit on the dingy side (Older linens, small holes in the curtains possibly from cigarettes, though rooms were non smoking, etc) but nothing horrid. The bathroom was tiny to the point you had to almost stand in the tub to close the door, but it was actually the cleanest part of the room. I was in town for an event, so when I returned, there had been a shift change. The night clerk was passed out at the desk. I had to go ask about ice later that evening because the ice machine was out (which seems to have been an ongoing issue from posts I see months prior to mine) and he was kind enough to wake from his nap and share his personal stash from the employee freezer. A little unorthodox, but appreciated. The next morning, a member of my party informed me that breakfast was nothing but stale toast (it literally was curled on the edges) so we hit up a local breakfast joint. The hotel is pretty much convenient to anything you need, which was a plus.

I think this biggest shocker was the fact that out door did not lock. We didnt figure that our until the morning when we were packing up to leave. A little unsettling, but it wasnt crowded or in a bad area, so we just let it slide. My friends daughter also left a school book in the room, and they manager called us to see if we would like it shipped, which was very kind.

Overall, it wasn't terrible considering the price we paid. I would have liked it to have been a little cleaner (like any hotel should be) and up to date, have a locking door and a decent breakfast, but considering our short time there, it sufficed. I think I would probably opt for a more accommodating venue should I have to go back to Brunswick even though it may not be in the wyndham group

• Stayed November 2013
I'm sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. Since that time we have undergone major Staff changes including Ownership. If you do return to Brunswick we hope you will reconsider staying with us. We strive to offer our Guests an affordable stay with exceptional Guest services and accommodations.
Homer, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

We here now --haven't spent the nice yet. But so far: the ice machine wasn't working (the clerk said "It's not working right now.") There was trash on the floor of the ice machine room. It looked like it had been swept behind the machine. Only a couple of squares left on the toilet paper in the holder, although there was a replacement roll. Hopefully, will have a good night's sleep.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
We hope you enjoyed your stay and will visit with us again in the future.

Been to Ramada Brunswick? Share your experiences!