“An enjoyable lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Commerce, Georgia
“An enjoyable lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Ate here for the first time this past week for lunch. Good food & service! We shared an order of crab & artichoke dip for a starter -- rich & tasty! Then we both had the Mediterranean Tilapia, which was delicious. Loved the vegetable medley which came with it, cooked just right. The menu is very extensive, and I like the fact that there are plenty of seafood choices. Will definitely go back again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Wonderful food, great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We recently attended a conference at the Chateau Elan and Winery right down the road. But before we checked in, we wanted to get a bite locally and found this restaurant in a local strip mall just down the road. The facade of the restaurant was charming, so we gave it a try. My friend needed wireless to check some things online and they had access there. The food was great, I had a big salad and she had an entree with salmon that really looked excellent. They accommodated her dietary needs for no butter and the entree came out perfectly. If it was in my neighborhood right now, I would definitely go there tonight, but alas, it is not. I would highly recommend the Houndstooth Grill.

Visited February 2014
Georgia
“Inconsistent food and service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Be aware that your experience may be very good, very bad, or something in between. I recently went to Houndstooth Grill for lunch with a group of 13. It was midweek, so the place wasn't especially busy. Nevertheless, we waited quite a long time for our food. Some of our group were very pleased with theirs while others found it mediocre. I ordered soup and sandwich. My soup was served barely warm. Our server had made one of his frequent disappearances, and a member of our party left the table to find someone to return my soup to the kitchen to be heated. It was returned at a more acceptable temperature, but the lack of seasoning made it a less-than-stellar dish. My sandwich, a club, was just okay. If there was any mayonnaise on the bread, I didn't taste it, nor was there any bacon, an ingredient I consider a must for a club sandwich.

By this time, I should have known better than to order dessert, but I ordered the crème brulee. Despite having the thinnest of burnt sugar crusts, it was surprisingly tasty. It was presented with a garnish of a fresh strawberry and a slice of orange, and the custard was infused with orange. Very pleasing.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, South Carolina
“Strip shop restaurant and bar.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The establishment looks like an upscale restaurant and bar for a strip shop. The food was good but the selections did not match the decor. Beer selections were limited also. Service was fine as was the quality of the food.

Visited October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Food overpriced and not fresh”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife was told that this is a great restaurant. We thought we would give it a try. The lettuce in the caesar salad tasted like freezer burn, and the dressing tasted like it was watered down. My grouper was clearly not fresh; it tasted old. Half of my wife's fish had already turned rancid, so she stopped eating it. The server asked if she wanted a dessert to make up for it but then they charged us for the dessert. I said something about it and they claimed it was a mistake. Maybe, but I have doubts. The food is way overpriced too.

You could eat much better seafood and salad at Red Lobster, for less money. And the "free" key lime pie dessert was not good.

There are much better restaurants in the area.

• Visited October 2013