I recently spent 2 nights at a corporate event at Chateau Elan and stayed at the Inn. The façade, and lobby areas are large and luxurious looking...lots of marble and high ceilings and French provincial furniture.
I stayed in Room 459 which was spacious with 2 double beds (might have been 2 Queen sized?). However, I was disappointed to find:
a. A mirror that was standing up against the wall which was full of spots (i.e. looked like the mirror finish was deteriorating).
b, The shower head in the bathroom on which the escutcheon was loose and therefore exposing the crude plumbing behind it (see picture)
c. The heating/AC vent which was dusty and greasy and in need of a thorough vacuuming and wipe down (see picture).
Finally, even though house keeping made up the bed and cleaned the sink and replaced towels, it appeared that they did not wipe down or clean the shower. Look at the image that is posted which shows the condition of the shower/tub after house keeping had left. The wash cloth that I used as well as the container of body wash was in exactly the same condition as when I stepped out of the tub.
For $300+ a night for the room, I would expect that a resort of this type would be immaculate and impeccably maintained and serviced. Unfortunately not; I've had better facilities and housekeeping services at a Courtyard for about 1/3rd of the price. I'm glad that I did not pay for this stay out of my own pocket (corporate sponsored event).
On the plus side, the food and service at the restaurants was top class. The grounds are beautiful and the pool looked very inviting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chateau Elan is North Atlanta's premier meeting destination that offers championship golf, a full-production winery, European health spa, and world-class amenities. From the moment you drive through the gates of Château Élan until the moment you leave you will experience warm southern hospitality combined with the beauty of the French countryside. Within the sweeping panorama of the north Georgia foothills, just 40 minutes away from Atlanta, Chateau Elan began with the planting of vineyards in 1981. From these lush vines of Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet & Riesling grapes has grown a 3,500 acre conference and leisure destination where French provincial and Southern hospitality combine to produce exceptional wines and warm memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Chateau Elan Winery And Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Elan Winery And Hotel Braselton
- Chateau Elan Winery Resort
- Chateau Elan Winery Hotel
- Chateau Elan Resort