“At $300+ a night, this place should be perfect, but...” 3 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Resort   |   100 Rue Charlemagne, Braselton, GA 30517-2207   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Braselton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hebron, Kentucky
“At $300+ a night, this place should be perfect, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I recently spent 2 nights at a corporate event at Chateau Elan and stayed at the Inn. The façade, and lobby areas are large and luxurious looking...lots of marble and high ceilings and French provincial furniture.

I stayed in Room 459 which was spacious with 2 double beds (might have been 2 Queen sized?). However, I was disappointed to find:
a. A mirror that was standing up against the wall which was full of spots (i.e. looked like the mirror finish was deteriorating).
b, The shower head in the bathroom on which the escutcheon was loose and therefore exposing the crude plumbing behind it (see picture)
c. The heating/AC vent which was dusty and greasy and in need of a thorough vacuuming and wipe down (see picture).

Finally, even though house keeping made up the bed and cleaned the sink and replaced towels, it appeared that they did not wipe down or clean the shower. Look at the image that is posted which shows the condition of the shower/tub after house keeping had left. The wash cloth that I used as well as the container of body wash was in exactly the same condition as when I stepped out of the tub.

For $300+ a night for the room, I would expect that a resort of this type would be immaculate and impeccably maintained and serviced. Unfortunately not; I've had better facilities and housekeeping services at a Courtyard for about 1/3rd of the price. I'm glad that I did not pay for this stay out of my own pocket (corporate sponsored event).

On the plus side, the food and service at the restaurants was top class. The grounds are beautiful and the pool looked very inviting.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Asheville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

While our accommodations were wonderful, we were extremely dissappointed in the "tennis facilities". They were in need of major repair. The photos on the Chateau Élan website misrepresent the current conditions of this amenity. Please see photos that we uploaded.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Recently stated at Chateau Elan for a business meeting and was really blow away by the place and the people. Just a beautiful setting, a lot of activities for people of all ages. Rooms were great, staff were very helpful and kind. Although the wine requires a bit of improvement it was an overall great visit. Far exceed my expectations.

Room Tip: plan ahead and figure out what you want to do before you get there. Their event planning team does a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bradenton, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I wanted to take a minute to thank you and your staff for an outstanding experience at the Chateau Elan from Wednesday to Sunday of last week. I am a trial lawyer by trade, and also drive sports cars professionally. In both capacities, I have been able to stay in some exceptional hotels and resorts. I have stayed at the Chateau Elan many times over the years, a few times individually, but usually with one of my race teams.

It is a rare occurrence when a resort consistently gets everything right, but the Chateau Elan always delivers just that. The grounds are beautiful, the spa is amazing, the food is exceptional, and the customer service is truly first rate. I do not write many reviews like this because, candidly, when you stay at a high end resort, you should find all of these qualities, but you and your staff go far beyond even those high end standards. The reservation department, doormen, bellmen, front desk, servers, spa personnel and everyone else I encountered truly understood the concept of selling service.

When I thought things could get no better, then there was Kimberly Cole, without a doubt the most amazing employee in a service organization that I have ever seen. She took a perfect trip and made it exponentially better.

I can't wait to return again. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have always enjoyed Chatea Elan for quick getaways but now this place is even more special for us. We had our wedding at Chateau Elan on August 31, 2013. I am extremely impressed by their service and professionalism. They have the most dedicated, most professional staff to make you and your guests feel so welcomed. I originally planned my ceremony outside, but unfortunately it rained an hour before the start time. Chateau Elan staff was so quick to respond and to create a beautiful ceremony site for us at the ballroom. All of my guests were very impressed.

Regretably, I hired a wedding planner that did not help much and in fact complicated many things before and during my wedding. Chateau Elan even took on my wedding planner's responsibilities. Especially Dawn Tibbles (events director) and Anil Ozcelik (catering director) made our day an unforgettable one by going above and beyond what would be expected of them.

All the family members from out of town had a great time as well, enjoying the beautiful views and amenities including the pool and the golf course. I recommend Chateau Elan to anyone planning to have a wedding or anyone looking for a relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but the Corner Suite is absolutely beautiful!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ellenwood, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I'm giving it a 5, because we had a wonderful time. We attended a wedding and received the guest discount rate based on the wedding. I found the service to be A class from the booking of the room to the end of my husband and I stay. Valet staff was very helpful and informative. Checking in was a breeze. The staff who assisted us to our room and actually gave us a overview of our room and took the time out to inform us about the hotel and its services. Our room was spacious, room decor was on point, the bathroom was clean and spacious. Our king sized bed was comfortable, fluffed with plenty pillows, no backaches, no neck pain the following morning, overall we had a good nights sleep. Breakfast was affordable, and was very good; loved the cheese blintzes. Appetizers at the reception was good; the spring roll was good. The wine selections was also good, I like sweet wines and loved the taste of "Summer Wine" . Thanks for a great overnight stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Love the place. We have stayed here twice. Would have given all 5 stars except Cafe Elan was closed on Monday for lunch and nothing was posted in the main part of hotel. There is nothing else to do in Braselton but Chateau Elan so that is kind of a bummer. I also dont understand locking access to the pool area from the public part of the hotel. I cant imagine that they have people show up and park and go through hotel to use pool. Minor inconvenience but seemed strange. Two employees were trying to open the gift shop but never could figure out which key to use. Also strange. We did eat at Cafe Elan on Sunday night and it was very nice.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Chateau Elan Winery And Resort? Share your experiences!