“Perfect weekend spent celebrating my birthday!” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Resort   |   100 Rue Charlemagne, Braselton, GA 30517-2207   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Braselton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfect weekend spent celebrating my birthday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Chateau Elan last year for my birthday/Valentine's weekend and had a wonderful experience. We had stayed in the spa hotel where we could relax in our robes all day while enjoying the newly renovated tranquil rooms, spa, spa restaurant and common areas. So when deciding where to celebrate my 40th birthday we immediately knew where to celebrate! We invited 30 of our family and closest friends for a weekend that turned out to be perfect. The ladies spent a day being pampered at the spa where we enjoyed a champagne lunch in the spa restaurant (in our robes!) as well as the amenities and wonderful spa services and the men played golf or walked the grounds. The amazing catering staff helped my husband plan the most perfect chef demonstrated dinner in the Viking Test Kitchen where we enjoyed a four course wine paired dinner that was tailored to our specific requests (we are big foodies and wine lovers!) The next morning we enjoyed a wonderful buffet breakfast which finished off our weekend just right.

I could not have asked for a better experience... from the wonderfully appointed rooms that have just been renovated with beautiful furniture and decor to the friendly and extremely helpful staff that were there for our every need. We will be sure recommend Chateau Elan to our friends and go back again for our special occasions!! Thank you!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

In a time where customer service lags well behind other pursuits, Chateau Elan sets the bar quite high. From the front desk, to room attendants, to the restaurant staff-there was never a time that I did not feel welcomed and accommodated. The food served at dinner and breakfast at their Versailles restaurant was superb. My room, including the bathroom, were very spacious and clean. I look forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: If you plan on utilizing the restaurants on site, I would recommend using one of their packages.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
jacksonville fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for a couple days for a trade show and were happy to leave. The hotel staff was friendly, front desk, valet,.and room service quick and courteous. The dining room manager did accommodate us with breakfast even though they were already setting up for lunch. Our room was nice with blackout curtains, comfortable bed. The positives stop there however. The food was average. I was served rotten milk with room service breakfast. The shower door was unnerving as it would only slam shut.

For any of the positives the entire stay was ruined by the most horrible spa experience we have ever had. The front desk staff was snippy and un-accommodating. My manicure was terrible. She acted flaky and was very inexperienced, my cuticles are far worse now than before she got a hold of them and the polish doesn't look that good. My husband had the same result with his pedicure; he described it as awkward and uncomfortable and his feet don't look any better. She also cut his time short.

I had a facial scheduled an hour after the manicure but was never given a tour of the facility. I had to wander around to find the relaxation room, track down staff for a locker key, and again back to the snippy front desk to ask for robe and slippers. Showers were not discreet and private, everyone was on display. In my 3 hours there no one offered me water or a drink menu, apparently this was a high priced"self-serve" spa. But half of the refreshment stations once you found them were empty.

The only saving grace was my esthetician, Sandra, who provided a nice facial, was courteous and thorough. She was the only staff member there who was pleasant to interact with. Otherwise, this spa was not just disappointing, it was insulting.

• Stayed February 2013
Fairhope, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

In the winter, it's dreary. The main hotel building is well appointed, but the restaurant is really just average. Service is great, but the "Health Club" is tiny and the bar is noisy. There are just no quiet nooks. If you like to golf and spend money wastefully, come in Sept or Oct. Otherwise, I'm not sure what the attraction is here. Poor and expensive wifi, overpriced breakfast and really - a winery in Georgia?

• Stayed February 2013
Rockwall, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

SERIOUS WINE LOVERS:
We stopped by for a tasting and tour with friends (Cost $5-10, depending on time/day). The first impression is a grand one; a set of stylish buildings on a large, nicely landscaped tract. Entering the generously-sized tasting room and gift shop definitely created an impression of opulence.
GIFT SHOP & RESTAURANT: The gift shop had an ample array of wine-related items for sale, some of which I had not seen before. At one end, there is a café’/restaurant that must seat 80-100 persons, and the menu looked tempting. Unfortunately, we did not have time to sample the food.

WINERY: The tour was OK, and the tour guide had a good personality, but it fell a bit short of the more-intimate winery tours, led by the winemaker him/herself, that I most enjoy. The ceilings are lofty (stay close to the guide, it’s sometimes difficult to hear) hosting a cadre of GIANT stainless steel tanks. My personal opinion: SIZE can be impressive; but having only a few, extra-large tanks can also make it difficult to create small-batch wines that exhibit a lot of personality. There also seemed to be (again, in my opinion) a mismatch between the tanks and the number of oak barrels on hand, indicating that the wines might be un-oaked, or not aged very long. The tour guide allowed that some wines are not barreled at all, but infused by introducing oak ‘chips’ to the stainless steel tanks for a (short) visit.

Chateau Elan heavily features Muscadine wines; mainly because it is one grape that can be successfully grown in the area.... it even grows wild across much of the South. ((In such areas, its difficult to impossible to grow Cabernet and other vinifera due to problems with climate and grape-specific ailments, like Pierce’s Disease.)) They also featured a number of fruit-flavor infused Muscadines, now favored by the “wine-coolers & white zin” crowd. (Definitely NOT to my taste, and it caused me to think perhaps this was not a place for a serious oenophile.)

The wines we sampled are briefly profiled below:
Viognier: Notes of vanilla and some citrus & pear; fairly smooth and well-balanced with a medium oak finish.
Chardonnay: Impression of white flowers, no predominant flavor. A little oak and butter make for a nice mouth-feel, but not a bold personality here.
Pinot Noir: Alcohol first, and lacking the traditional “pinot” taste you’d expect from CA/OR. ***NOTE: I later learned that the wine had just been bottled, and was probably still in ‘bottle shock’. Should be held and tried in a month or two.
Merlot: Tannins! A surprise in a Merlot; nice deep ruby color and good legs. Left a slightly bitter aftertaste though, and seemed (to me) a bit heavy on sulfites.
“Port”: An acceptable version of the classic, notable for its dark color and balanced sweetness. ***NOTE: Making a good port-style wine is difficult in Georgia, as the State does not allow the addition of fortifying brandy.

Overall, the wines were fairly well-balanced, but lacked the deep character I always hope for. HOWEVER, the recent addition of award-winning Italian winemaker Simone Bergese may yet prove that good wines can be born of this chateau. Subsequent correspondence showed that he has some interesting ideas on what might be done with the estate-grown fruit (Muscadine and Chambourcin), and a new approach whould yield some more interesting results.
((Stay tuned for a subsequent review!))

Overall, the winery is nice for the ambience, and supports the 'elan' of the whole experience – a nice addition for the hotel or spa or corporate golf outing patrons – but, IMHO, it plays a support role vs. leading lady. I would recommend a visit/re-visit in six months to year, after the new winemaker has a chance to implement his plans!

FINAL NOTE: There is also an Irish Pub on site, but we did not get to that either…

Room Tip: NO Oovernight stay..hotel/spa/restaurant NOT REVIEWED OR RATED
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Roswell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My wife and I were in stayed at the spa for the weekend. The rooms have been redone since we stayed there last 5 years ago. The redo is outstanding! Great soaking tub and shower set up in the bathroom. The staff was very courteous and attentive and the glass of champagne on check-in that was a nice touch. My wife and her friends did the spa for most of the day. She loved the massage and facial. Meanwhile the guys played a round on the Chateau course. Most of the course was dormant so can't really comment on condition but I love the classic layout of the Chateau course. Will be back to stay again soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My recent experience at Chateau Elan was incredible! We celebrated a dear friends birthday and wht weekend was simply perfect. The spa services were excellent, the service at the hotel was splendid, and the food was delicious! I definitely recommend Chateau Elan for a romantic weekend, group celebration or any future business meeting.

Kindest Regards,
Meghan

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Chateau Elan Winery And Resort? Share your experiences!