“Elegant, Amazing, Fun, Beautiful, Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Chateau Elan Winery And Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   100 Rue Charlemagne, Braselton, GA 30517-2207   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Braselton
Acworth, Georgia
“Elegant, Amazing, Fun, Beautiful, Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

I have heard about Chateau Elan Winery and Resort from some friends but never thought it was soooooooo close to us. My husband and I was very amazed how beautiful Chateau Elan Winery and Resort was. Very breathtaking driving on to the property. We visited Dining Under the Stars and the Vineyard Fest, August 27 & 28, 2011. What a treat !! Dining Under the Stars were so elegant, amazing, fun, beautiful and friendly. (the weather was awesome) The Resort Executive Chef cooked some beautiful and tastful dishes that were compare with different white and red wines. GREAT JOB!!! The Vineyard Fest was fun, fun, fun. All day events were magnificent to grape stomping, cooking shows, wine tasting, all the food you can eat, live music, dancing, and having fun with others. It as a blast!!! We will do it again. Chateau Elan Resort service, value, sleep quality, cleanliness, room service, food, and staff were magnificent! It was a retreat for us. LOVED IT! LOVED IT! WILL BE BACK!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
buford, ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

After looking for the prefect get-away with my husband, I ran across "dinner under the stars" at Chateau Elan on the internet. I cannot say anything but "WOW"! Not knowing what to expect - I was totally delighted with a warm friendly check in - a beautifully appointed room, courteous lift to the outdoor vinyard where 45 or so people sat a farm tables with live music and a georgeous sunset! The food was all prepared on site by their own award winning chef, course after course was complimented with wonderful wines, hand picked by there wine maker as she passionatly talked of each paring. The chef spoke of each entree as the wait staff quickly cleared, and set the next course. I can't remember enjoying dinner so much! Needless to say - at the end of dinner I had many new friends! With a turn in the economy - I can't imangine traveling any further to find a better weekend! Can't wait till the next one in September!

Room Tip: Clean, bright, newly appointed, and very quiet! I slep like a dream!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

My husband and I got the "His and Hers" package for an overnight stay as we were "kid-less" for the weekend. Within an hour we arrived at this beautiful resort that feels as if it is in the country and not right outside of Atlanta. We were greeted as we pulled up and checked in quickly. The front desk staff kindly gave me copies of the resort menus so we could choose our meals and off we went to our room which was very clean and nicely appointed. The resort has a executive par 3 course, so after lunch at Cafe Elan--which was really tasty--he headed off for golf and I went for a workout. The exercise facility is also very clean with more than adequate equipment and weights and a separate room for fitness classes that had mats, exercise balls, etc. I spent the rest of the afternoon with a Mimosa and a book by the pool while a gentleman played guitar and sang. I thought the music would disturb the peacefulness, but I was surprised to find I really enjoyed it. After a nice dinner and rest, we ate breakfast at Versailles and it was off to The Chateau course for my husband and the spa for me. Massage was great, as was the spa pool (which has a resistance flow) and enjoyed the sauna and steam room as well--although those rooms are smallish. We had such fun that we came back the following Saturday with friends to show them the resort, lunch at Cafe Elan, and take the winery tour. Stocking up on white and red wine (the raspberry infused wine is really good), we headed home. What a treat to have such a nice resort so close to home that even if you can't stay overnight each time, you can get away for a fun day.

Nassau, New Providence Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed in Chateau Elan for my cousin's wedding which was held on the property.
The entrance to the property is grand and initial thoughts are how well maintained the grounds are. Everything is so lush and green and well manicured. Vineyards are abundant and for a second, you feel like you could be in California or even France (gasp...just for a second!) The bellboys are super friendly and the ones that helped me were all doing their apprentiship from European countries. The check in staff is quick and efficient. I arrived very late in the evening and missed all restaurant hours. I do not remember if there is 24 hour room service or not, but if there was, I didn't take advantage of it. If there isn't its a shame because there is nothing in the area after hours to get anything to eat.
They have an Irish pub on the property with is a fun bustling little pub where everyone goes at night (they too though stop serving dinner at regular hours) with music and a young vibe.
The room itself was lovely, very clean and modern. The beds were very high and I felt like a princess sleeping in it. Plush robes came with the room and I was extremely comfortable.
The hotel's elevator and floor system was very confusing and I heard as much from other elevator passengers and it took a while to get the hang of what was on which floor and that there was an entire different wing to the hotel which I only discovered after knocking on the wrong door with the same room number of where I needed to be....
Tennis players can take advantage of their tennis courts which appeared in great shape. I did not make use of the spa but did go for a run on their trail which was fun and very unmanicured which I liked.
There are many eating options on the property and also a shop to buy their wine and other little wine trinkets.
The wedding reception was in one of their ballrooms which was a typical ballroom and the staff did a good job.
The pool area was large and had a jacuzzi as well.
All in all a super stay at Chateau Elan!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Albany, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Transporting it's visitors to what seems like a Vineyard and Mansion in the South of France, one would never guess that Château Élan is only a few miles North of Atlanta, Georgia . From it's grandly inspiring architecture to it's fine dining and winery ... it's an excellent choice for a romantic getaway or for those looking for a quick trip to 'France'. (If it had not been for all the Southern Drawls among us, I'd be convinced we'd landed in Bordeaux). The service, hotel, resort and rooms were upscale - what you might expect in a 5-Star Resort. Brunch at the Versailles is a must, leaving nothing for want. Although we didn't get a chance to tour the winery, and more importantly ... taste the WINE, next time WE WILL!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Preston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Chateau Elan and joined other members of our family for the wedding of our niece. The hotel was really comfortable, and the staff very friendly and efficient. The wedding arrangements were impeccable and everyone enjoyed the occasion, especially the bride and groom.
The hotel have extensive facilities, including a large swimming pool, and other features such as a good gym and fantastic golf course, although we did not have time to see how good the latter was or use the spa.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Grand Forks, North Dakota, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I stayed at the Chateau Elan for a business conference and decided to bring my husband and son along. The location was beautiful and the staff was very helpful (particularly Sara at the front desk). We took a tour of the winery, walked along the nature trail, and enjoyed several spa treatments. I recommend joining the "I Prefer" club for free before arrival. You'll receive free internet access and a complimentary bottle of wine.

Room Tip: By joining the
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Chateau Elan Winery And Resort? Share your experiences!