“Didn't use the spa services but otherwise, this is sooo not worth it.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Elan Winery And Resort

You added Chateau Elan Winery And Resort to your Saves list
Chateau Elan Winery And Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   100 Rue Charlemagne, Braselton, GA 30517-2207   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Braselton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Didn't use the spa services but otherwise, this is sooo not worth it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

My husband and I went for a private tour of the winery and that was a LOVELY experience. The master winemaker (not sure if that's a title and I, shamefully, don't recall the woman's name but she) was terrific! Very knowledgeable and engaging and really made us feel like we were the first ones she'd given this tour to - in every good way.

After the tour, we went to our room which was big w/ a view of the golf course. The king bed was comfortable... until I'd slept overnight on it and fully realized how soft it was -- TOO SOFT. Had to go to the chiropractor after that stay.

Went to lunch in the Irish pub on site and ordered standard fare (fish and chips... I don't even remember what my husband ordered), a Black & Tan and a glass of chardonnay. My food was good bar food, but both our meals were seriously too large in proportions. We're healthy eaters, too, and we still wound up throwing away half our meals as there was simply too much food per serving. What really set this meal apart, though, were the FLIES in the restaurant. FLIES everywhere, kept buzzing on our table, our plates, our persons, and when we asked our server to do something about it she literally said, "Yeah, I know. I don't know what to do about it. Let me ask my manager." Ok. She went and asked her manager and then he did nothing. Did not even come to our table and apologize for the situation. Neither did she. When we were ready for our bill, we had to ask for it twice (and this was not a busy afternoon in that pub). When we finally received it we saw that we'd been given the most expensive chardonnay on the wine list, not the house. Lesson to us: specify "house" when staying at such places.

Went to tour the winery gift shop and do a few samples of the wines they had on offer. Maybe it's a new trend or I'm just not in the know, but to be charged a dollar per sample was a surprise to me (not in hindsight - the charge is clearly stated up front) as this was the first time I'd been so charged when visiting a winery.

We then went back to our room for a nap and were surprised by how LOUD the room was. Every time people walked down the hallway talking we heard every word of their conversation. At these prices, you'd think the hotel could afford some insulation.

It was late when we went for supper, so we didn't want a big meal and chose to eat in the L'Auberge lounge rather than one of their main dining rooms. Though the lounge was well-lit and not very busy, we had to wait several minutes before staff finally noticed us and that was only because we waived him down as he was hurrying away with dirty dishes. He came back, got our drink orders and brought us a menu. Bar food, again, but actually a little better than the Irish pub in that it wasn't saturated with deep-fry oils. I dunno if the waiter wasn't very good or if he was just new at the job. I like to think the latter.

Sadly, the same manager from the Irish pub seemed to be managing this place and he sauntered through the lounge with the same apparent disinterest he appeared to have when we saw him earlier at lunch time.

I will say the one VERY GOOD thing about our stay was the front desk staff. They were quick to respond to everything with pleasantness.

But we won't stay at this place again. Nor will we recommend it to others. I submitted a guest evaluation a week ago and have still heard nothing from the management there so here I am, responding in public.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Oldsmar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

A wonderful resort with excellent facilities, accommodations and services. The winery is a fun tour with some great selections of wines for the south. The spa is fantastic! We thoroughly enjoyed our couples massage that were the best ever. A very upscale facility and really focused on couples enjoying their stay. Want a get away- The Chateau Elan is the place. Plenty to do or just relax.

Room Tip: Oue corner room was spacious with elegant!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Blakely
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

I gladly compliment the wonderful staff at Chateau Elan. They were all so helpful and courteous. Whether Daniel was driving us in a golf cart, waitresses were bringing us delicious food, or someone was bringing us a forgotten toothbrush, we were treated superbly! Our stay was perfect and I could not have asked for a more wonderful experience at the B & B or the Spa. Lauren gave a great facial and Trent did an awesome massage. Paddy's and The Versailles had wonderful food choices, too. And the WINE, well it was delicious. My friend and I plan to make this trip a yearly tradition now! Furthermore, I plan to tell ALL the teachers I work with that Chateau Elan is the best place to go for a fantastic and relaxing trip (which we need quite often in our line of work). Thanks so much for all the wonderful things your staff did to ensure that our trip was all we expected and more. We felt like ROYALTY.

W. B.
Southwest GA

Room Tip: Watch the website for specials!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

Mother's Day, Fourth of July weekend, Birthdays...Chateau Elan is one our favorite places to make memories. It is the best kept secret in the Atlanta area - actually I think the secret may be getting out as this place seems to be growing. Nestled in a quaint area, this amazing resort is so special! The food is delicious, amenities are top notch and most of all the service is impeccable. It is not unusual to see the CEO of the company transporting guests on one of the resort's golf carts or opening the door to greet guests as they enter the main lobby. The morale among the staff is truly unique and impressive to me - everybody seems so happy there and I think that's one of the main reasons we keep coming back. I turned 40 there (almost 7 years ago) and hope my husband will bring me back for my 50th in a few years - it makes getting older really fun! The spa suites are perfect for romantic getaways and the Inn has been a blast for our family over the years - we bring extended family as well and make all sorts of memories. I have never attended a meeting at the resort, but they seem to have wonderful facilities. They are really big on weddings too...very romantic and beautiful!

Room Tip: Check out their $99 hot dates!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

We had an amazing time at Chateau Elan. We stayed at the Inn and enjoyed a couples massage at the spa. I was amazed at the quality of customer service. We were treated like royalty by the whole staff. I am very restricted on what I can eat because I am Vegan and we ate at all of the resturants there on the campus and the Chef at each one made a Vegan meal that was not on the menu, just for me. I felt very special!!! If you are looking for a place that spoils their guest, you MUST go to Chateau Elan and experience a world of "luxury"..

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

We live in the Atlanta area and wanted a quick getaway trip. This was perfect! Sure, it is not an authentic French chateau - it's in Braselton, GA... However, if you accept it for what it is, I promise you won't be disappointed!

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Annapolis MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

This is a place whose reach exceeds its grasp. I would put it in the same class as any decent (but not exceptional) mid range hotel property. Rooms are okay but lacking some obvious amenities such as pillows of different firmness (all were too soft), towel bars in bath room (none at all), sound proof doors to screen out hall noise.

The staff are friendly and helpful, if not terribly skilled.

Restaurants are listed as seven on the property-we only found 3 to have regular hours. We had unctuous but ineffective service at the Cafe, Versailles and the Sports Bar. At Versailles, my dinner choice did not match the menu description. At the bar we ordered Manhattans (listed under martinis) straight up, the waiter came later to ask if we wanted them straight up or on the rocks. We confirmed straight up...they were served on the rocks. Granted they offered some compensation in both cases so the motto seems to be that, "we will screw up often but then apologize profusely. Service was very slow in both venues. The meal at Les Clos (which is only open Friday & Saturday nights) was the best over all, good but not a stand out. The service was very awkward. The first thing we were presented with was the wine list and then three different wait staff came to ask if we had made a decision about the wine before we had even seen a menu!

We stayed there because we were attending an event close by. Next time we might choose to stay in Atlanta and commute.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Chateau Elan Winery And Resort? Share your experiences!