“Very Clean and low key” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Bogart
“Very Clean and low key”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This will be my official place to rest when I come to Athens. It's very clean and quiet. It's hidden on a main road which makes it easy to drive anywhere. I enjoyed it. I wish they had welcome bags or complimentary breakfast like there sister hotels(Holiday Inn Express), otherwise I'm very please w Candlewood.

• Stayed May 2013
Blake B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Athens-GA, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for your great review of the Candlewood Suites Athens. We are so glad that you found it quiet and clean. Unfortunately we do not offer free breakfast, but we do have a kitchenette in all the rooms so that you can feel free to cook your own next time you stay with us.

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed here and used the complimentary shuttle to the Sanford Stadium for a concert. The driver was on time and super courteous. Check in and check out was a breeze. I would stay here again if I needed to be in the area.

• Stayed April 2013
Blake B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Athens-GA, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to see that you had a great stay with us at the Candlewood Suites of Athens. We try to go the extra mile when it comes to serving our guests. We do not always offer a complimentary shuttle, but are more than happy to when it comes to special events for our guests, so we are ecstatic you had a good time and thought that the shuttle was great.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

The lady working at the front desk had her two small children at work with her throughout our entire stay. The children ran in the lobby and inturrupted us as we were trying to check in. They acted like they owned the place. She had them at work with her clearly on her night shift and again the next day. They treated the lobby as if it was their living room. Our air did not work in our room. We spend the night dripping sweat and had to get ready for a wedding with no air. Maintenance took an hour bc he was "at lunch" don't stay here!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Blake B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Athens-GA, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize for all the problems you encountered at our hotel. These problems are inexcusable and are being remedied. I hope you give us another chance to prove to you that our hotel is a great place to stay. Once again I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Weehawken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed here for a night just coming thru Athens for a business trip. It is a different site, but very comfy and quiet. When I got into my room I must say it is spacious even with having a small kitchenette in it. The plus side is the the pantry that has everything!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Blake B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Athens-GA, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of the Candlewood Suites-Athens. Our rooms are quite spacious and are great for a one night stay or an extended stay as well. The Cupboard (Pantry) has anything that you might need because we know that after getting to the hotel you do not want to have to go back out to the store to get anything. Once again thank you for your review of the Candlewood Suites and we hope to see you again soon.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We reserved a 1 Bedroom Suite at this hotel several weeks in advance November 2012. I called to check on this a few days before the trip and was told by that they did not have the room. Evidently the main reservation center and the local site do not communicate. I changed my reservation to another hotel.
I made another reservation for February 2013. I called the hotel to confirm and was told that there was no way they could guarantee the 1 Bedroom Suite as there might be someone who wanted to extend their stay and they "could not see into the future." I changed my reservation to another hotel.

This was a very nice place to stay but the central reservation service does not communicate with the local hotel.

Room Tip: You very well may not get the room you reserved.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Blake B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Athens-GA, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you liked our hotel, but I am disheartened to hear you had problems making your reservation. The fact that we are an extended stay hotel does occasionally create problems and I do apologize for that. However, that in no way is an excuse for us to not have your reservation. Once again thanks for the good review, but I am sorry you had issues when making the reservation.
Trinity, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

You walk into the hotel, you're greated with smiling faces, it's clean, it has all the comforts of home, a wonderful maid staff and excellent rooms!! Seems nice to please all of your senses, don't it?? That's because behind those smiles that's greeting you at the front desk are really vulchers waiting to RIP OFF on YOUR DEBIT CARD!!! I stayed at Candlewood from Dec.26th - Jan 2nd. When I left, my bank showed there was a balance subtracted from my debit card, the same balance that I had signed and agreed to pay for my stay. On Jan. 7th, another charge, that was more than double my amount, had been taken out of my account from Candlewood Suites. When I called, it was like pulling teeth to get someone to communicate with me to fix the problem. And I was fed lies for 2 days as I was trying to get my money refunded. So unless you have PLENTY of money to let someone take it in and out of your account at their leisure, DON'T STAY HERE!!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Blake B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Athens-GA, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear guest,

We appreciate your feedback and praise for our housekeeping staff. We apologize for the debit card issues you experienced. Whenever someone checks in to a hotel with a debit card it will show on their bank account as a pending charge and hold that amount out to take care of the charges that will be incurred. It sounds like that was not what happened with you. It seems as if you were authorized and then when we went to check you out it reauthorized your card making it seem as if we were double charging you. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. This next part is just a tip from someone in the hospitality industry. When travelling I always put the reservation on my credit card and then pay with my debit card at check out to avoid anything like this from happening. Once again we apologize for the billing issues and hope that you will give us another shot seeing as how it seems like you had a good stay billing issues aside.
Philomath, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We recently tried to stay at Candlewood Suites in Athens GA, where we had booked online weeks in advance. We were denied our stay because they allowed another guest to extend their stay, leaving us out in the cold. We had travelled 3000 miles for this family visit and were simply rejected. Their policy is if someone else wants your room because they decided to stay longer, your reservation is simply not honored.

Is this the experience you want?

Room Tip: Basically avoid properties under the name of Candlewood Suites. You cannot trust them.
Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Blake B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Athens-GA, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Joe,

We apologize for your difficulties while trying to stay with us. We have made some changes to make sure that this problem never occurs again. In your future travels to Athens, we hope that you will give us another try and see that we have corrected the issue in question. We are an extended stay property, but we should be able to accomodate anyone who has made a reservation with us and once again we sincerely apologize to you and your family.

Been to Candlewood Suites Athens-GA? Share your experiences!