“Room was fine for overnight stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Blue Ridge

You added Days Inn Blue Ridge to your Saves list
Days Inn Blue Ridge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4970 Appalachian Hwy, Highway 515 & 76 Connector, Blue Ridge, GA 30513   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Blue Ridge
Tennessee
“Room was fine for overnight stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

Did not have a reservation. Walked in and asked for non-smoking room with king-size bed and asked for a senior discount. Total cost of room with tax was $59.35. Room had ample room and was clean. Walls, carpet, furniture, bathroom and bedding were in good repair. Fridge and microwave in room. Only problem was that part of the door facing that the chain lock fastened to had been broken off previously, probably due to someone opening the door without taking the chain off. The facing had been put back up, but came off and would not stay up so that the chain lock could not be used. We put a chair in front of the door during the night. Was able to use laptop with free WiFi. Continental breakfast was usual items. Eating area was tables and chairs in the lobby area. Couple of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Santa Barbara
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

I booked this hotel on Priceline's Name your own price deal and theoretically saved $7. HOWEVER, when I called the hotel to give our bedding preference (I am traveling with my sister and after sitting in the car all day we definately needed two beds, especially as reviews said hotel's queen was more like a double) I was told an additional bed would cost over $24. Management said to cancel with Priceline and call them back for a better rate. Priceline catagorically refused to void the full room charge and Days Inn refused to lower the outrageous amount they were charging for the 2nd bed. Rather than lose the entire $62 we chose to pay the additional $24. Since I have booked a lot of hotels and have never seen such a high additional bed charge, I strongly recommend savy travelers boycott this hotel-don't reward their unscrupulous greed! And be very wary of Priceline-hotel claims priceline routinely shows the single bed rate evn when traveler says room will be shared by 4 people.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Naples, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

We booked online. When we got there we checked in and the staff went to our room with towels & vacuum cleaner in hand. Had to stand outside while they cleaned room. I was with my husband and granddaughter (3 years old). Room was terrible, smelled bad, when we turned the air conditioner on it almost fell out of the wall and 3 flies flew out of it. We decided it was too late to change our room for the day so decided to stay the night and look for a new room next day. During the night there was a terrible storm, my granddaughter and I were in the bed next to the window - so we decided to move over in bed w/my husband, in case something blew through the window. I pulled back the sheet in his bed and saw a flat bug on the sheet....I then pulled up the sheet around the side of the bed and counted 3 more bugs (later found out they were bed bugs) - I made my husband get up in the middle of the night, in the middle of the storm, we loaded our luggage and child in to the car and went across the street to the Ramada Inn, which was very clean and accomodating. Before I left the Days Inn I went to the Front desk, where they so graciously gave a 10% disc on the room (room was 50 and they charged me 45.00 to sleep with the bed bugs)....I asked them did they know they had bed bugs - they said well we just had someone spray - I told them they can't just spray for them - I called the local Health Department the next day and reported them. When we got back to Florida, I called the Health Department to see what had happened...they said when they arrived, the hotel staff was taking the furniture out of the room....

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

I read the reviews and was a bit nervous about staying here. We asked to see a room before paying and they gladly showed us the one we would get. It was clean, didn't smell and was in decent shape. We were only looking for a place to sleep on our 3 day motorcycle trip, so we didn't need much. If you looked, you could find things that needed help - new wallpaper, new carpet - dead bug on the ceiling. All in all, it was just fine for over night. Don't worry.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

The hotel is located on the main highway in Blue Ridge. It is close to the lake and restaurants. The rooms need to be upgraded. The Queen sized bed was actually a full sized bed. The shower was dirty looking(rusty).

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
GAINESVILLE, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

The room was simply furnished, but clean. The air was fresh in the room.

The owner was very helpful in loaning a DVD player as the one we brought was not functioning with the TV. He refused my offer of a tip.

The breakfast was very simple, but adequate.

I used the WIFI and it worked perfectly without an extra charge.

Umesh the owner and other family members were very approachable and generous.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
GEORGIA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

When we arrived it wasn't bad.. but of course this was at night time, we were put in the back, the 2 fridge's that were in room, didnt work and smelled bad, the microwave didn't work, the room had an awfull stinch... we heard the nieghbors and when we got up saturday the dang tub faucet was hanging from the tub and then the shower didnt work... so we told the guy up front and he wanted to know if we wanted to change rooms.... hello.. so we get to go next door and there is no hair dryer the floors are nasty and the bathroom is nasty, i put T.P on toliet because i felt nasty...
Then, as my fiance was going to check out, i watched them as they "cleaned the rooms" and they changed sheets but no bed spreads, that was freaking disgusting, now i feel disgusting,
as we were checking out the front desk pitched a fit cuz we told him it was against the law to leave full cc # on slip and he was using some harsh customer etiquette .... i would only recommend this hotel to my ex husband and his new wife and noone else, .. take some clorox wipes and some lysol......

• Liked — the view as we left the hotel on sunday morning
  • Disliked — the smell and feeling of the first time the first door opened...ppl were rude, stingy
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Blue Ridge? Share your experiences!