If you want to stay in Blue Ridge, other than in a cabin, this is a logical choice. The location is something a premium hotel chain would crave. Rooms at the front overlook the valley housing the Historic District and the Scenic Railroad Depot with mountain vistas beyond. It is a 2 minute drive to nice shopping and good eating. The back rooms have largely unspoiled mountain vistas affording awesome sunsets.
The lobby and check in area is neat and evening check in staff are efficient. The rooms are large with decent sized bathrooms, flat screen TV'S and comfortable beds. The more expensive units have refrigerators and microwaves.
I cannot flatter the ladies that prepare the included breakfast enough. They keep the area spotless. The food is par for this type of hotel but they never let anything run out. Terrific for a busy hostelry.
So what needs fine tuning? For a start, I called three times for reservations only to get voice mail and a call back promise. I suppose I could have called the corporate line but even so, this is not good enough.
Now we stayed two nights, the second night representing a change in plans. On the first night, we had a room with a king sized bed. The towels provided only permitted one shower each so if one had a busy sweaty tourist day, too bad. Would they have sent up more towels? But the fine tuning needed was in bathroom maintenance. I had to reattach the toilet flapper chain to the lever multiple times in order to flush. During the night, the toilet ran with strange noises keeping us awake until we closed the bathroom door
On our second stay, we had a room with two queen beds. Having settled in, we found two inches of drainage gook in the bathroom sink. It seems the adjacent room had a plumbing problem and in clearing their drain, this horrible mess found it's way into our sink. My wife was revolted but luckily , we were able to move to another room, again with two queen beds. This time there were four bath towels.
So this is a good choice but it could be much better with just a tad more attention to detail. They have a so called satisfaction guarantee but apparently, our experiences did not warrant even a minor adjustment.
Regrettably, the hotel does not have a pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by nature and spoiled by all the comforts of home, you'll find The Blue Ridge Lodge by Comfort Inn & Suites as the premier lodging accommodations in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Georgia. Offering 68 guest rooms, including accommodations featuring the following room types: standard single king rooms, double queen rooms, king suites, king jacuzzi suite, double king rooms, and two room suites. Spacious and oversized rooms provides guests with luxurious bedding, mountain style furniture and decor, carpeting, wall and window coverings, and bathrooms featuring granite countertops and all like new lodging features.The minute you step into the lobby of our lodge style hotel, you'll be enveloped in the soft glow of our massive stone fireplace, rock columns, and oversized lobby offering plush stuffed couches and chairs for your comfort. Gaze out through any perfectly placed windows for panoramic views of North Georgia's Blue Ridge Mountains. We want you to escape to our peaceful atmosphere while you enjoy your stay with us. Relax on our back patio in a rocking chair and enjoy the breathtaking sunsets and sunrises over the mountains. Ideal for families, couples, executive strategic planning retreats, or individuals seeking additional privacy, our lodge is a great place to escape it all. Call us to help you plan to pamper yourself at one of our mountain day spas or relax playing golf at one of our beautiful area golf courses. All guests rooms include the following amenities:-Unlimited local phone calls- In-room coffee-Complimentary Wireless Internet access-Guest Directory with local information, attractions, activities and guides-Hair dryers-Complimentary guest supplies-Extended cable channels-Ironing boards & Irons-Guest Laundry on-site- All guests also enjoy the following hotel amenities:-Complimentary "Your Morning Breakfast" featuring a full hot breakfast menu including hot items served each morning from 6:00am until 10:00am- Fitness Room. Business Center with internet access and complimentary printing availability-Welcoming guest lobby with massive rock fireplace, rock columns, hand scraped wood floors, comfortable lodge style mountain furniture and decor-Oversized guest lounge with 60" flat screen television so you'll feel like we are your "home away from home"-Vending, Snack & Ice Machines on each floor-Outdoor Living Area - Large patio with rocking chairs and picnic tables providing a relaxing spot to enjoy a breath of fresh mountain air while watching the breathtaking sunsets or peaceful morning sunrises-Banquet, Meeting & Event Facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Blue Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Blue Ridge Hotel Blue Ridge
- Comfort Inn And Suites Blue Ridge
- Comfort Inn Blue Ridge
- Blue Ridge Comfort Inn