“The pictures didn't do it justice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Above the Rest Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blue Ridge
Above the Rest Cabins
You added Above the Rest Cabins to your Saves list
1662 My Mountain Road, Morganton/Blue Ridge, Blue Ridge, GA 30513   |
Special Offer
10% Off Special
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stuart, Florida
“The pictures didn't do it justice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We decided to stay at Deer Crossing and were delighted that all of our pets were welcome! (1 dog and 2 cats) We had a lovely time and believe that the pictures on the site for this cabin truly do not do it justice. We loved that it was away from it all... even the other cabins for rent. It was peaceful and secluded and just what we needed. I would highly recommend this rental to anyone! What drew me in was terrible customer service while attempting to confirm a reservation with "Escape to Blue Ridge" which led me to check out "Above the Rest" and I was thrilled with the customer service I received which met and exceeded my expectations. Good customer service these days is excruciatingly hard to find but thankfully I found it here and we will definitely go back! ** A big thank you to the exceptional staff at "Above the Rest"! **

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Johns Creek, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

My family of seven stayed in the "My Mountain Hideaway" cabin. There was plenty of room and the view was fantastic! The property management team was excellent to work with as we were booking the cabin. I follow them on facebook and love seeing all of the updates and pictures of the cabins and scenery.

We checked in late and David was great to meet us at the office and gave us great directions to our cabin.

Only two things could have been better. When we arrived, there were wet towels in the washer that had not been dried that I had to rewash and dishes still in the dishwasher that I preferred to rewash. Nothing major, just a small inconvenience.

We definitely are planning another trip back to stay in this cabin and we picked out a few more that looked great as well!!

Room Tip: Some of the cabins have better views of the mountains than others. If you're looking for a good...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Mountain_Cabins, Owner at Above the Rest Cabins, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! I am deeply sorry about the dishwasher and the washing machine....the young lady who cleaned the cabin before your arrival has a benign brain tumor and is VERY diligent but it does affect her memory sometimes. Nonetheless, we should have caught it and we're truly sorry for that. We're glad to have had you with us!! :)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

My fiancé and I stayed with two friends from South Africa at Deer Crossing and we had an amazing time and exceeded our expectation. The cabin was clean and had everything we needed. It had such an amazing view. We enjoyed staying here and we can’t wait to go back next year. Our friends recommended Above the Rest Cabins to us and we are glad they did.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed with Above the Rest Cabins a few monthes ago and LOVED IT!!!!!This is soooooo much better than Gatlinburg!!!! The cabin was spotless and beautiful!!! We arrived to music playing and a goody bag to get us started on our vacation. They had even built the wood up in the fireplace,,,, all we needed to do was strike a match! The kitchen was well equiped with everything we needed. They provided a bathroom goody bag as well and thank goodnes because I forgot my shampoo. The hot tub was private and had a wonderful view of the mountains!There was a propane grill that had limitless supply of gas so no worries about running into town for propane.The robes and slippers that were provided were a real treat. We are headed back tomorrow and can't wait!!! They allow dogs too!!!!! We are are taking our little girl Roxy... she is a boxer and they don't find her coming along... What a GREAT PLACE!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Detroit, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed in "Plane View", which gave us a view of three states! The cabin was roomy, clean, comfortable, and had everything we needed. There were even robes and slippers! It is a short ride into town, where we found great shops and restaurants. The only thing I would change is I would have stayed longer than three nights. Absolutely beautiful cabin and views!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

First time renter and could not have been more pleased. The pictures do not do justice to the actual cabin and the views. We had our entire family including the grandkids and had the best time and everything was perfect. They were right, bring your clothes and food and that is all that you will need. WE WILL BE BACK !!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Beautiful cabin called Attitude Adjustment. Great price. Had a loft for me and a "man cave" for my boyfriend with a stereo and access to outdoor hot tub. Plan a trip there!

Room Tip: Cabins with views are key.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Above the Rest Cabins? Share your experiences!