“Great food!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Acworth, Georgia
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We went here on the advise of our B&B owner (and he had a free dessert coupon). We got there at about 5PM and had no trouble getting a table, but when we were leaving people were waiting and having to park on the road due to limited parking. The restaurant is right on the river, but we did not have a view during dinner. I got the trout and hubs got the prime rib. Both were cooked great! We got the fried crawfish app and it was awesome. The only bad thing was out app came then 5 seconds later our salads came and them 5 seconds later our meal came. I wish it would have been spread out a little more. I would come back again!!

Visited February 2013

Miami, Florida
“Beautiful location, Horrible Service, Mediocre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This place could be amazing, but sadly it was not. The location of this restaurant is absolutely gorgeous! It is basically a modern log cabin on the banks of a very pretty river. The layout is very nice and spacious. The Main dinning room over looks the river and provides breath taking views. This is were the good things I can say about the place ends. We arrived around 12pm on a Friday afternoon. There was hardly any parking. There are not enough spots to match the number of tables. We had to park on the side of the road and hope that we did not get side swiped or run over. The wait to get a table was supposed to be 30 minutes, so we got a buzzer and decided to wait at the bar. 45 minutes later we checked to see the status and the hostess simply said they forgot to notify us. When we finally did get a table it took another 20 minutes for a server to even come take our drink orders. I had to ask the hostess twice for a server. The server had no idea what was going on, we had to ask for bread, plates and straws for our drinks. The wait for our entrees was about 30 minutes and everything came out cold. We almost got up and left, except for the fact we had driven over an hour to get here and we were starving. The food was ok (once reheated), but nothing to write home about. All in all, I was very disappointed. This place has so much potential, but needs management and a confident kitchen and wait staff. If you have three hours to kill and really aren't all that hungry, but looking for a great view then this is your place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cherrylog, Georgia
“Finally Opened Again For Business After Fire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I went by today to see if they had reopened after the fire that destroyed it last year. It was open and we had a wonderful lunch. I highly recommend the trout at this restaurant, after all it is a local dish. We go trout fishing on the Toccoa river which is right outside the windows! I cannot imagine ordering seafood like salmon and scallops, even though they are on the menu since there is already a seafood restaurant in town that is wonderful. I go to this restaurant to get the trout meals and they are always wonderful. I am not saying the other meals are not good but there are restaurants that specialize in steaks, or seafood in town so why not use each for their specialty. This one is a trout place and that is what we get each time we go and have never been disappointed. Just like I don't go to WalMart for Christian Dior, I don't go to Toccoa Riverside Restaurant for anything but... Trout, Trout, Trout. What can i say more. The wait staff is very friendly. We heard the regular chef has been in Colorado cooking for a ski resort waiting for the restaurant to open again so they should be back soon. So happy they are back open! Rumor has it that the owner is opening a steak restaurant in the downtown Blue Ridge area soon and we will go by there to check out the steaks when it opens.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blue Ridge, Georgia, United States
“Excellent Food, Best Restaurant Atmosphere in Blue Ridge, GA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The famous restaurant on the Toccoa River, Aska Adventure area is back! The menu is filled with a good assortment of steaks, fresh local trout, a couple of pasta dishes. I had the pecan encrusted trout and it was dreamy! others on our table got a steak and one the salmon. everyone had a wonderful meal, great service and the atmosphere is astounding. anyone coming to blue ridge will certainly miss a wonderful meal and experience if they dont go to the river and eat at toccoa riverside,

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blue Ridge, Georgia
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Service is terrible. Food was horrendous. Appetizer came after my entree and the scollops were ice cold, crab meat very low quality shell pickings, shrimp over cooked. I live a few miles from the restauraunt and was planning on returning often. After this experience I wont be coming back. Should have gone to Burger King.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere