Heavens Gift April &May 15% Off or 3rd Night Free

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

ReviewerT
Atlanta, Georgia
“Lovely cabin, but needs alittle more attention to cleaning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

We absolutely adored this cabin and I feel that it brought us all closer together. For that, I am happy to give it an excellent five star review, however, who ever watches over maintenance and cleaning should pay more attention to details.

As I noticed more and more issues as we settled in and started to relax and cook alittle something for the family, that's when I wrote the below email to managemet.

I found dog food inside the tupperware, also to mention the tupperware was dirty as were the dishes, pots and pans. So, before I could cook anything I had to wash everything. Again, this is has to do cleaning and maintenance and not the cabin itself - which is lovely!

Email sent to management: We give the cabin a ten, but the cleaning... YIKES!
I have a list of things that could use a definite watch over. There is mold all around the hot tub outside that a simple bleaching would fix. The furniture outside needs a wash down. Pollen season ended awhile ago and there is pollen all over, well was, we washed it down.
I had to scrub off pancake syrup from the dining room table before we could sit and eat.
I had to wash the bowls before we could eat as there was wet and dried food inside of them. The kitchen faucet is leaking. (just fyi on that- needs maintenance - probably just a washer).The red blanket downstairs over the chair STINKS. The crew should definitely wash it! Or, dryall. Something. In the rooms, master bedroom - stuff under the bed (hangers, receipts dates 6-15-2012, bubble gum wrappers) stuff in the drawers - more Bubble Yum wrappers. In the rooms - downstairs main bedroom - wrappers from gum.
In the rooms - downstairs bathroom - squished/dried wash cloth in bathroom (not cleaned)
In the laundry rooms - might be cleaned... but in washer towels were left. Upon arrival, knocked over cans, but after seeing the mess indoors, almost thinking cleaning didn't want to clean it and so they left it? Who knows??
----
This was their reply: Thanks you for letting us know about the issues you found at Heaven’s Gift. We will make the cleaners and maintenance aware of the things on the list, we do try to get out to the cabins before guest arrive but can only inspect a percentage before check-ins. We do appreciate our guest input so we can fix any issues that may need attention. Thanks again, Mary Ann
----
In my opinion, as I own a vacation rental I would not keep the management team. I feel that they should of been more involved with all of the issues, as the list was long.

I would recommend, but tell the new guest to bring cleaning supplies.

4 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 3 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
4 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 2 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
4 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 2 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
2 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 3 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
3 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The cabin itself is lovely.
Liked least: The cleaning of it! Needs improvement!
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Dec 22, 2014
Thank you for the information on the cleaning. We hope that if any guest has any issue such as this they would call our office as soon as possible and report to us upon their arrival so we could have the opportunity to rectify the situation if need be. We are here to insure our guest needs are met. We have a well known reputation with our repeat guest for the detailed cleanliness of our cabins, & we aim to uphold to that.
Michelle and Jeff Hinson
S.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 for a stay in March 2012
5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Mtbradley
Fl.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 for a stay in April 2012
5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$165
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Owner
Sherry A
Speaks English
Listed since : May 2012
Calendar Updated: 119 days ago
Note: Response rate information for this owner is unavailable.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing