“The best resturant in Fannin County” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 66 Restaurants in Blue Ridge
Cuisines: American
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“The best resturant in Fannin County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

The Yellow Jacket is the best resturant in Fannin County, fast friendly service, awesome prices and the best food around!!!!

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Copperhill, Tennessee
“Great Home Cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

The Yellow Jacket has been in business for decades. There is a reason for that. They are consistently good. Our family loves the buffets on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They serve food that anyone can enjoy. One of the things they are known for is mashed potatoes. Real, mashed potatoes, and the best of any restaurant.

Visited September 2011
Blue Ridge, Georgia
“A Fannin Tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I am writing to respond to the folks that did not like the Yellow Jacket. I am sorry that you had a bad experience. You are correct, it does appear to be retro to the early 1970s, because it is. However, the same wonderful food and service have been shared with generations. The fried chicken and cole slaw are second to none. It is not suppose to be a 2011 new venue. Rather, it has been operated by the same family for decades. I will admit that the structure is dated, but the dated recipes are tried and true and are constantly delicious. It is a favorite Sunday lunch selection and the workday luncheon selections are also good. If it is Thursday, then the salmon patties are available and always yummy.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
jasper ga
“The Yellow Jacket is a LANDMARK for folks who love good food and good folks!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I live in Jasper Georgia and have many fine restaurants here to choose from but every week or so I have to have a YELLOW JACKET fix. Love the chicken livers,.the REAL creamed potatoes and the salad bar is GREAT. The building is OLD and should be....its like a woman who has aged gracefully....we get better with age and so does the Yellow Jacket . I not only take friends and family for meals there I make a point to recommend it to folks from out of town. Its funny but to know the Yellow Jacket is to love it....you have to understand the management has been there over 40 years and not only do they really peal their potatoes they provide food for the hurting and hungry through help with a community meal. When I think of GOOD I think of the Goss family and what they mean to the small town of Blue Ridge. Yes, they have an old building and they have no one to greet you who tells you their name.....cause to be honest I want a good meal for a good price and do not care what my waiters name is....no beepers, no bigtdo just good folks providing great meals to hungry folks for over 40 years. Check them out and enjoy a nice evening with friends. We do it often and have become known as the YELLOW JACKET GANG!!!!When I head to the mountains I make sure we get there before closing on Friday night for the buffet including spaghetti and fried chicken. $9.95 BARGAIN!!!!!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“YUCK!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

We recently visited this restaurant based on some verbal recommendations from Blue Ridge locals. All I can say is YUCK, and we will never go back again. I am big on giving places 2 tries because they could have had an off night, but we were so upset/disgusted when we left this place isn't getting a 2nd try. The building looks terrible from the outside and it only has 3 small windows. So, you can't see what's going on inside. I think it may have been an old ranch style house at some point in the past, and they closed off all the windows when they turned it into a restaurant. It actually made us uncomfortable walking in because we didn't know what we were walking into. As soon as we entered, it was like we stepped back in time. The restuarant has been around for 50 years, and it looks like everything in has been too. It was dark, dingy, and dirty looking...We stood at the front for what seemed like an eternity waiting to be seated. We were about to leave(run) when the waitress finally told us we could sit anywhere. We decided to stick-it-out since the place was highly recommended. The fried chicken was terrible and they were out of most of the vegetables on the menu. The vegetables we were able to get were unseasoned and straight from the can (probably a damaged can). Our rolls looked like smashed store bought rejects, and I can't begin to describe how terrible the corn muffins were. They have a salad bar, but there was no way we were going to eat anything from it because as we sat there the filth covering the restuarant was becoming more apparent. There was no way we were eating anything that had been sitting out for who knows how long on a salad bar. Tourists go somewhere else to eat and let the locals have this place all to themselves.

• Visited April 2011