“superb food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 69 Restaurants in Blue Ridge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
St. Petersburg, Florida
“superb food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We came to downtown Blue Ridge and agreed to walk around until we found a place that looked interesting, came to Harvest on Main and were seated immediately. It was a Thursday night and we went around 6:45 pm. Our waiter Jay was courteous, very informative and helped with menu selections. My wife ord62ered a hard cider and I tried one of the 3 Belgian beers they were offering this evening, and we both enjoyed our beverages.
We ordered the trout and the house bolognaise, and both were outstanding. The portion for the bolognaise was substantial, I needed a take-home box as I couldn't finish it. We were also pleasantly surprised with the very tasty vinaigrette dressing on our house salads.

it's not inexpensive here, but not breaking the bank either-2 entrees, two alcoholic beverages, two side salads, and a bill of about $62.00, and excellent service.

if you are traveling near Blue Ridge in the next couple of months you'll encounter road work on Main Street, but don't let that deter you. Park in one of the public parking areas and take the short walk to Harvest on Main and other local businesses.

Atlanta, GA
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Based on reviews from friends, we decided to make a reservation at Harvest. I'm so glad we did! Seems like this was "the" restaurant in town. Great mussels for our appetizer course. My husband really liked their Crusty Salmon with Chili Rice. My 6 year old had only 2 choices though for his entree and he picked beef hot dog. Nothing too exciting for kids. I shared the ribeye with our other son. It was unfortunately way overcooked. I should have sent it back however I had already cut up the meat for my son and thought it was too late to send it back. The flavor was good though.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food, great service, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Found this charming place on a slow Sunday evening in Blue Ridge. We didn't have, or need, reservations at this time, but I can tell they are essential in Blue Ridge's busy season.
The restaurant has a charming, old time feel to it, but the food is definitely new and modern. I had the pork loin that was served with mashed sweet potatoes and the best collard greens I ever tasted. The meat was tender and delicious. Started with a salad of very fresh greens and their signature dilly beans. The salad was definitely large enough to share. Husband had the fresh local trout and raved about it. For dessert our party shared a rosemary infused creme brulee that was very good, though not the best ever. Our server, Candel, was wonderful - attentive and helpful in making our selection. Definitely try this place if you find yourself in Blue Ridge, GA.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
atlanta
“Nice setting, great food, friendly service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

On Saturday drove in for first time while staying nearby. It was late afternoon, we walked around downtown main st looking for a place for Lunch, this was #1 on tripadvisor so this is where we came. It was about 3 I believe they were closing soon to change over to dinner, however no. E said anything to that effect and we were never rushed! Our sweet server was more than helpful, we had cold steak salad, salmon plate,chicken sandwich and blacked talpia sandwich. Service was fast, food was wonderful!! I mean good temp, good favors,we asked about the strange sound we were hearing, he explained a certain "secret" method to cook the steaks and even showed on to us, we are huge foodies and this was a cool extra to our visit. As we left I noticed the closed sign was up. Hence my first sentence but we were never rushed or felt hurried to leave. I would love to return for dinner next time.

Georgia
“Dining was a pleasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We love dining with the locals wherever we go and Harvest on Main was a great choice. There was a fire in the fireplace but the day was nice enough that we chose to eat out on the porch. Our server was very gracious and friendly and happy to answer any questions we had. The Bar-B-Que was a special of the day and it was delicious as was the coleslaw. My boyfriend had the Blue Ridge “Hot Brown” which is Hand Carved Turkey, Swiss, Mornay Sauce & Crabmeat on Toasted Garlic Bread served with a Small House Salad. He enjoyed it very much! I'm sure we'll be eating there again!

• Visited March 2013