“A great mountain B & B get away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aska Lodge B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blue Ridge
Aska Lodge B&B
You added Aska Lodge B&B to your Saves list
178 Calen Dr, Blue Ridge, GA 30513   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Blue Ridge B&B and Inns
Lakeland, FL
“A great mountain B & B get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

This was our second stay at the Aska Lodge and it was just as wonderful as our first. The candlelight breakfasts were exceptional and got our day off to a great start. We recommend the Aska Lodge to anyone who is looking for a clean, relaxing and peaceful atmosphere. Bob and Mary Jo go above and beyond to make everyones stay at the Aska Lodge perfect!!

• Liked — Atmosphere
  • Disliked — Not one thing
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

For my birthday I wanted a beautiful setting, peace and quiet, and caring people around me. The Aska Lodge and its owners met all my expectations and more! Breakfasts were delicious. The scenery from the balcony of our room was a mountain ridge in the distance, trees filled with birds, and hummingbirds at our feeder. If we wanted a lively discussion with friendly people, laughter, and tall tales the owners made that available too! There were many nice restaurants within a few miles and shopping in Blue Ridge was also close by. All in all the stay was perfect. I'll be back, I'm sure.

• Liked — The peace and quiet.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

The Aska Lodge is simply wonderful! Clean, comfortable, quiet, friendly, and filled with congeniality. We had a wonderful time and have already booked our next visit there.

• Liked — Clean and very comfortable.
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything for this.
McDonough, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

We loved the Aska Lodge. Mary Jo and Bob are very friendly and accomodating hosts that made us feel right at home. We enjoyed a relaxing evening by the fire outside, roasting marshmallows and star gazing. Our room was very clean and comfortable with a great view of the mountains from our private porch swing. I appreciated the complimentary snacks and drinks in the downstairs greatroom. The baked apple pancake breakfast with real maple syrup was delicious and fun. It was a great experience and we plan to return soon!

• Liked — Friendly and relaxing mountain retreat
  • Disliked — N/A
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

Okay, I looked at the photos on the website and the Aska Lodge looked beautiful but it was even more lovely in person! My room had a private balcony, but the wrap-around porch with the swing became my second home during my stay. I loved swinging while eating blackberries that I picked myself and waiting for the neighborhood dog, Belle, to join me. Sometimes Abby, the canine in residence, would come out and join me, too.

The innkeepers were very friendly and had thought of everything: I ransacked the jar of homemade cookies more often than I'd like to admit! I also stocked up on the free snacks and drinks before my walks up the mountain. The common area was very welcoming and I appreciated the books available to me. There were games there, too, but the books are what I was excited about.

I stayed in the Rachel Victoria room, which was really spacious. There was lots of room to spread out and I liked having options about where I could read and relax: the loveseat, the daybed, the bed, the desk, or the balcony.

Breakfast was a memorable event because it's not often that I take the time to eat at such a beautiful table lit with candles. We had delicious chocolate muffins and some sort of a really cool breakfast pizza together with some fresh fruit - scrumptious!

In addition to spending time on the front porch and in my room reading, I also went into the town of Blue Ridge. I liked the fact that it was only a few minutes away even though being at the lodge made it seem like I was out in the middle of the wilderness. I spend some time wandering through the shops in town, and I ate at some great places -- who can beat homemade blackberry pie? The Italian deli (Angelica's ??) was also delicious. I took a ride on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railroad , too. One day I'd like to come back and go tubing or rafting.

I had a wonderful stay at the Aska Lodge and plan on returning soon. You won't be disappointed in this wonderful haven in the woods!

• Liked — the beautiful room and private bath, front porch, and complimentary snacks and drinks
  • Disliked — that I couldn't stay longer!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

We loved the B&B. It was quiet and spacious, yet only had four rooms. We loved the jacuzzi tub in our room. It smelled lovely and we really enjoyed that there were little pieces of the owners around (top of the line soaps and towels), a bottomless cookie jar, snacks and drinks for our convenience. They cooked us a delicious gourmet breakfast and were always around to make sure we had what we needed. The gardens were beautiful and inviting.

We've promised ourselves we will go back.

• Liked — How relaxed it was
  • Disliked — that we had to leave.
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

This B & B is a little slice of heaven in the Blue Ridge mountains. The attention to detail is flawless and the owners are delightful. Breakfasts were outstanding and everything was SO peaceful and relaxing. We are already planning a trip back in early September and will likely make visiting the Aska Lodge a regular event.

• Liked — peaceful and relazing
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Aska Lodge B&B? Share your experiences!