“Place is outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

171 Copperhead Parkway, Blairsville, GA   |
Fort Walton Beach Florida
“Place is outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

To start Anthony and Michele Casulo do their best to make you feel welcome and go above and beyond to take care of you...While no place is perfect this is a great place to stay. I have stayed there 3 times and MY wife just went up there for a girls only vacation and had a wonderful time. Yes they cater to motorcyclist, which I am one but they give the same level of service to everyone....For me its a repeat and I like to stay at nice pplaces and this is one of them

Room Tip: Just call and ask for Michelle
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I want to thank Michelle and crew for such wonderful hospitality during my recent stay. Never have I visited a place where I felt more welcome and at home, as if I were part of the family and not merely a never-before-seen guest. I didn’t feel at all awkward pulling off my boots and getting comfortable.

My room was very comfortable, and in spite of being told to let the hot water in the bathroom run for a while to warm up, I had no problems with it at all. There was so much to do and see that I actually didn’t spend much time there. The food in the restaurant was superb and I caught myself thinking of staying longer so I could work my way further though the menu!

I enjoyed sitting in the bar and chatting with staff and visitors as well as sitting out on the porch and taking in the view. The pool was a fun, and unexpected, bonus as well.

What a great place for motorcyclists to come and enjoy features geared toward people with bikes. I appreciated the covered bike parking at The Lodge and plan to take advantage of a cabin with its own motorcycle garage on my next visit. My bike doesn’t have its own garage even at home!

With so many great roads to ride in your area, The Gauntlet was a route I am so glad was pointed out to me. I will have to return in the Fall and ride it again during the season change and cooler weather. Two thumbs up to you, your wonderful establishment, staff, and location. Just what this tired city dweller needed!

Room Tip: Hotel rooms to be close to the action. Cabins to have more privacy and a little distance from the lo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Land O Lakes, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The entire staff was friendly & courteous to our group(24), Web Riders from Land O lakes, Fl. We had most of The lodge reserved and 3 on site cabins. The Lodge rooms were nice, but there was a little noise, as the restaurant & lounge were overhead, also there was some issues wuth hot water in the rooms. The cabins were wonderfull! Food in the restaurant was very good. Riding in any direction from the lodge is outstanding.

Room Tip: Select a cabin if at all possible as the Lodge rooms are a little noisy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Destin, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

The Lodge at Copperhead really caters to Motorcycle enthusiasts. As long as you know that going in and manage your expectations accordingly, you'll have a decent time. I don't ride myself, but I admire the biker lifestyle.

The lodge is located in Georgia between Blue Ridge and Blairsville. The setting is a peaceful one...very quite with the occasional roar of a motorcycle (which I rather enjoy). The Lodge is clean, as are the rooms, with very modern fixtures and finishes. The rooms are small, but the Lodge isn't designed to stay in the room all day. They offer a nice pool and hot-tub as well as a really cool bar. I enjoyed reading a book in the afternoon, sitting in the balcony off the bar...very peaceful.

I only ate breakfast at the Lodge (didn't make lunch or dinner), but the food was excellent. The cathead biscuits and sausage gravy are a "must-have" and the pancakes are HUGE! Dining service was adequate, but didn't blow me away.

Be advised, if you get a room at the Lodge instead of the Cabin, you will hear bar noise / music from the bar that is immediately above the rooms. If you need peace and quiet, reserve a cabin.

Overall the Lodge is a good value and a clean place to stay in a beautiful area of the country.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Loved it ... we stayed in the cabin and everyone was very friendly!!! the only thing missing was WIFI... but for a short while...we enjoyed without..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Management was friendly, just minor issues that were not addressed. Evidently hot showers are a problem as there was a big typed laminated note about how to get the water hot for showers that was posted at the check-in. Even after trying to get the water hot, we had cold showers-not good. So they know there is a problem, so fix it! It's summer, but that would have been bad if it was cold weather. No coffee in the room, had to go to the downstairs lobby to get coffee, which was empty most of the time. No continential breakfast offered, only full menu breakfast. Outside lights were on right outside of the room shining into the hotel room, and no curtains to close to get the light out of our eyes to sleep, they need to put up some light blocking curtains to fix this. Rooms are small, but clean and comfortable bedding. Restaurant food was served cold-would have been good if it was hot. Band played loud until 10:30p, which was okay, but if you were not into the music, you were out of luck, to place to get away for quiet. Very Motorcycle friendly and it was nice to have our bikes right outside of our rooms, didn't worry about them being secure. Nice Pool and stage setup for events. I may go for the cabin option next time for some quiet.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We came on a weekend outing and the service was very bad in the dining room. Took forever to eat and my food was cold and asked for it to be reheated and it never was done!!! My chicken at dinner was terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!! The room we had was under the bar and lots of noise until about 1:30 in the morning. I would not recommend eating or staying here. I won't be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Copperhead Lodge? Share your experiences!