“Nice restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

(813) 907-4574
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Dempsey's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 75 restaurants in Zephyrhills
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State Road 54
New Hampshire
“Nice restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Excellent food and service. Great bar. Nice atmosphere. Be aware that tips are included in the bill.

Visited February 2013

82% Recommend
Tampa,Florida
“Back on their game”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

After a couple of recent experiences I was prompted to write a bad review of this restaurant after many great experiences. I want to report that Dempsey's was back on its game in my last interaction and met and exceeded all of my expectations. When I made my reservation I informed them of the less than ideal prior experiences. My group was seated privately as requested in the Bordeaux room. Our server was delightful. We enjoyed two excellent bottles of Piedmontese wine as well as an excellent German Reisling for those enjoying the Chilean Sea Bass. The Sea Bass was a beatiful and excellently prepared cut of fish. The balance of the table all had Filets which I must acknowledge were among the best steaks I have seen served and had the pleasure to enjoy in the past several years. The cut of meat was spectacular, cooking was to order perfection and the taste was incredible. These really were
memorable steaks. A fine dessert and a good Port completed a wonderful evening for my party. I knew Dempsey's was capable of this kind of evening as they had done it for me before and I am thrilled they are back at this very high level as this is the go to place in the area for a fine dining experience, a steakhouse experience, and to take good friends or a business group to. Be aware that seating may be in the spectacular fine dining environment Bordeaux room or the more casual Sports Bar/Tropics with a view onto the property. Choose based on what you are looking for atmosphere wise. Also note these are the choices at Dempsey's Too and Tropics on certain days they serve in the original Dempsey's which is closer to the Bordeaux than the Tropics experience. Enjoy.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Worse dinning experience ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was the worst dining experience ever!! It was like a bad joke. After having dry tatless crab cakes and waiting an hour in between to recieve our entree, they tell us us they lost our ticket. When my husband received his steak his baked potatoe was missing, then after finishing half his steak without the potatoe they tell us, "we just discovered were out of potatoes". This food was way over priced and definitly not worth it. the only comensation after recieving a 200 dollar bill for this disaster was a free peice of carrot cake. This was the most dissapointing night out i have ever had. NOT RECOMENDED!!!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Norfolk, Massachusetts
“Wow - what a great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Loved the food here - service too! Excellent! We all tried the fish appetizers (scallops with bacon, shrimp cocktail, oysters). Meals come with family style veggies. Dessert was out of this world - try the apple dessert or the creme brulee

Visited January 2013
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Not for Steak”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Ordered the specialty, steak Diane, $42, filet with a very bland sauce they could at least add some wine or SOMETHING. If you are looking for atmosphere this is the place for you. If you are looking for a great steak this is not the place. Was our anniversary dinner wife had the 10 oz filet it was OK. Very disappointed in the steak and would not go there again. Actually bought a piece of steak home and let my son try it and was shocked to finds a piece of WIRE in it...oops must have been from the wire brush they clean the grill. Over all not a total disaster just not a great steak house. We would compare their steak with Ruby Tuesdays which actually does pretty well with a steak. You want a great steak, and still our favorite, RUTH CHRIS..we have done Charlie's, Berns, etc. Dempsey's definitely does not rank with these restaurants. Disappointed.

• Visited October 2012