“Good Italian in Zephyrhills” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 81 Restaurants in Zephyrhills
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Lansing, MI
“Good Italian in Zephyrhills”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I went to dinner here on a recent trip to visit relatives. My expectations for food in Zephyrhills was fairly low, but I was looking forward to trying this place as it is locally owned and not a chain. We were there on a Monday night and it was very busy. It is an awkward wait for a table because they do not have a vestibule or waiting area so you are left standing right next to the tables where people are dining. Our wait was relatively short, and we were seated at a nice booth toward the back. It is one large open room, and I agree with other reviews that the atmosphere is not great. The restaurant is very crowded with tables very close together. They are so close that even the wait staff had problems navigating. This was illustrated to us when the waiter for the table next to us dumped an iced tea on a customer. Other than that incident, I will say that the staff was very friendly, helpful, and were working hard to serve everyone. The salad was just average, some lettuce with a few vegetables. For dinner, I had the lasagna. The highlight was definitely the sauce. Very rich, meaty, and flavorful. The lasagna itself was a bit boring. Heavy on the cheese but not a lot of flavor. It was definitely saved by the sauce. The garlic bread was probably below average. It reminded me of the garlic toast you buy in the frozen food section of the grocery store. All in all I think this place is worth a visit if you are in the area, but I certainly wouldn't consider it a destination restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Food is great specials are priced right.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Great Italian food was extremely busy line was long but we only waited about 10 minutes and once seated had our drinks and salads in about 5 minutes. Make sure to check out the specials but all the food was great.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Creek, West Virginia
“Great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

A great place with great food. Went there last night with friends who were visiting for the week, service was good, friendly waitress. Wish we had a place like this at home. They will make your dish to your exact wants, portions are big unless you order from the senior menue. Prices were excellent!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Centerville, Ohio
“Piccolo - good Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

When I visit my Dad in Zephyrhills this is his go to restaurant. We went there twice last week. Both times I had the pomodoro dish. It is simpy done and delicious. I've also had the lasagna which was very good. The servings are very large, enough for a left-over lunch the next day. Both visits had 2 for 1 wine specials. I will agree with other reviews who complain about the decor, it is very dated and loud. The booth seats are not all that comfortable. But it's easy to overlook that because the food is so good and the service is very good also. Give the restaurant a try I don't think you'll regret it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Zephyrhills, Florida
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I am so pleased to have this restaurant on my favorites list. I love their food and it is so pretty inside-the pretty hanging lamps and tables are really quite nice. The staff is smiling and hard working.

I love the specials and the pizza-all so great. Awesome meatballs and homemade pasta. The best sauce I have ever had. Definitely worth a visit-they make terrific Italian food every time I go. When I have out-of-town guests, I definitely go here. Wonderful place, reasonable prices and very delicious food.

• Visited December 2012