“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Yulee
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I needed a place to stay for 1 week while visiting my family in Fernandina Beach. I called all the local hotels and told them I needed a room for 7 days, hoping to get a discounted price. This hotel offered me a cheaper rate because I was staying with them for so long! I normally have to pay extra at bigger hotels for internet access for work, at this hotel I had free internet everyday. I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel staff and the quality of the rooms. They had new modern furniture and carpeting in the rooms. It looks like they are updating the entire hotel, but I was not disturbed at all or inconvenienced. I had to stay in a hotel room for 7 days, but never felt like I was living out of a suitcase. All the staff recognized me and always greeted me with my name which made me feel great :) The manager left me a note and a gift bag of free toiletries like toothpaste and shave gel and snacks because I was staying with them for several days. Everyday I had a hearty breakfast of eggs, fruit, and oatmeal. They also had a waffle machine! I have diabetes, and they had sugar free waffle syrup! I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for great customer service and a good night's rest. You get a lot of bang for your buck.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I was surprised with how nice this Comfort Inn was. I was exhausted and wanted to find a hotel that was clean and safe! Great value for the price, and it was clean and comfortable. The fan in the bathroom was extremely loud, but other than that it was a great stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Southeast USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is an average, affordable place to stay for one night during a road trip when you're doing the I-95 thing. It is very convenient, as well as close to the highway and eating establishments. I found the place to be very clean and quiet, and received a good night's sleep.

The facility and room itself appeared clean, and everything I needed in a hotel of this nature was provided. I had no problems whatsoever with the facility and room. It was worth the money, and I would definitely stay here again during my travels. The breakfast offerings were pretty average, and what you would expect from a Comfort Inn.

Customer service was excellent, and Pratish at the front desk did a great job checking me in and out. He was very helpful and professional. Keep up the good work dude!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed here last year (2012) on our trip back north and were very pleased with our experience so we decided to book another stay. What a difference a year makes! Maybe there is new management, but our experience was the complete opposite of our prior pleasant stay.

The bedding and furniture were older and worn, as we're the bathroom fixtures. The towels weren't even as good as those that I use for cleaning at home. They were grayish in color and so worn that the face cloth was "see through" and the edges of the bath towels were completely frayed (not just a little but the whole side).

We had booked a two night stay so that we could explore Amelia Island. When we returned to our room after the day we discovered that our room had not been serviced. When I went to the desk to complain, I received a perfunctory apology and was handed a pile of gray, frayed towels.

There is free wi-fi but in order to log on you had to watch a promo for a Billy Crystal movie. Unfortunately, the signal strength wasn't strong enough so that the video kept freezing which forced you to start all over again. It would take 3 or 4 attempts to log on before you were connected to the Internet ( this was true for both my I Pad and my husband's notebook)

When I checked out the following morning, the clerk at the desk was somewhat brusque - she did not ask that standard question "how was your stay", and just handed me my receipt. When I asked if I could mail a postcard, she replied "in the box out the door to the left" and went back to what she was doing. (I discovered that the mailbox she was referring to was at the end of the entrance into the parking lot).

I cannot believe that's this was the same hotel that I had stayed in a year earlier. Everything - the room and the staff service - was just awful. I will be finding another hotel for next year's trip along I 95.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnYulee, General Manager at Comfort Inn Yulee, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear eztraveler49,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and regret you found the level of service you received from our front desk team less than satisfactory. We have taken note of your valuable comments and these will be taken into consideration in our efforts to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Once again, thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you once more in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We just spent an EXCELLENT, restful night at the Comfort Inn at the Yulee, FL exit off I-95. The hotel is tastefully decorated, with new carpeting and fresh paint. The building was clean and well tended, our room and the breakfast area were spotless. We were greeted by a cheerful young lady who set us up with a quiet room and recommended a good restaurant for a quick, tasty, but not fast food dinner. Our bed was obviously new, firm, but not hard, and very comfortable. Breakfast was the usual Comfort Inn menu-plenty of choices so that even if you are on the road for days at a time you can have variety. We were just passing through, and didn't use the pool, but it looked clean and well kept too. All-in-all you just can't ask for much more. We travel this way fairly often and we will add this motel to our itinerary from now on.

• Stayed March 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a convenient stop for those coming from the north, wanting to reach Florida before an overnight break. Very close to Interstate 95, with Fastfood restaurants, gas station, and Holiday Inn next door. Reception was very helpful. Clean sheets. No bedbugs. Carpet needs a shampoo, but what Florida hotel room doesn't. No negative surprises here.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

When you're coming from New York to Orlando by car, I thought search for a place to sleep
I stayed one night in this wonderful hotel in the organization, cleanliness and good reception
There room a comfortable bed, a small refrigerator and microwave and Wi-Fi Excellent speed
Rate per night was $ 84, a high-priced in relation to the prices of Florida
But no problem for rest after long hours in driving
Recommend this hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn Yulee? Share your experiences!