“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Yulee
New Providence, Pennsylvania
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Nice hotel clean, friendly staff, good hot breakfast. Breakfast could started earlier 6:30 am was a little late for us. The girl doing breakfast was wonderful job even asked if we needed anything. Just a stop over on our way. Very clean room fresh smell, good water pressure in shower!

Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I booked a room at this motel for my in-laws as they traveled south to Florida to visit my wife and me. I was out of the country when I booked on line using my loyalty points. I had to book the room in my name since I was using my points and there was no other option while booking online.

Upon returning to the states on the day of their arrival to the motel I called the front desk to advise them of who was actually going to be arriving. I was surprised to find that company policy would not allow the switch, I guess a little frustrated too as my wife's parents are elderly and we were trying to make the trip easy on them.

Anyway, I talked to a nice lady who talked to the manager about the problem. The short of the matter is the front desk lady made the change for me even though policy said otherwise and welcomed my in-laws with open arms. Their stay was wonderful including the hot breakfast the next morning. The consistency of this chain keeps me coming back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Saw this hotel in the hotel.com booklet taken at the florida visitor info. It was an excellent deal. We stopped at this hotel after a long day of driving. Arrived at around midnight for one night. The employee at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. Made sure all my needs where met, internet, breakfast, wake up call.
Room was spacious, nice and clean. Bathroom was clean. Bed was comfortable.
Breakfast was your usual breakfast in a hotel when offered. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Great location when travelling, right off the highway (but you don't hear it). Would go back for a one night stop.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was very pleased to see a Holiday Inn Express shortly after I got into Florida and this location is right next door to a KFC and a bit more challenging walk to a local gas station and variety store (at night you would have to walk through an unlit back road to get to the gas station, it seemed, but of course many people staying here will have a car anyway). The rooms were typical Holiday Inn quality and the air conditioning worked quite well in this room. Would definitely stay there again on future trips.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Yulee, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear RCollier,

Thank you for your candid review. We strive to provide our guests with an extraordinary experience and we are pleased to have the opportunity to do that for you during your visit with us. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we look forward to your next visit.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean...the A/C was noisy. Arrived late...slept well. Breakfast was typical HI Express. OK for a freebie. Coffee was good. Met our needs for a quick stop-over. Our greeting was that the hotel was pet free and smoke free. Someone on our floor snuck a dog in but it didn't bark! As a priority club member we had to ask for a free goodie bag.... We were given a few waters which was ok. Just slightly above average.

• Stayed September 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stopped here for a night while on a business trip. It is a simple, low priced but great value hotel. Room was clean, service was good and the stay was simple. I would work on the breakfast options. It is a great thing to offer breakfast however I was disliking the quality.

Room Tip: They have deals on websites like Hotwire, Priceline etc. Great way to score a good price.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Yulee, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Taylor200,

Thank you for your review. All our guest comments are valuable and we consider them seriously in the consistent endeavor to improve the quality of our products and service.

I was delighted to read that despite your dissatisfaction with the quality of the breakfast choices, you were still abel to enjoy your stay with us. I apologize for the shortfalls, nevertheless, I am glad that you were satisfied with most of the features provided.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and will be used to consider updates where possible. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Berryville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

After a long night of driving and a bridge outing that required a last minute hotel change, further delays were not something that was desired. After calling 1-800-HOLIDAY and speaking to a rude representative, things were not looking good. When arriving at the holiday inn in Yulee, however, we experienced customer service that should be a model for all holiday inn employees. The gentleman at the desk, Rick (08/18/13 2am), saw the frustration and need for assistance, immediately jumping to action. Rick was polite, attentive, and concerned for not only our comfort at the hotel, but finances as well. He went above and beyond to retrieve extra materials, save on rewards points, and assure that we had all that was necessary for a much-needed nights rest. As stated before, Rick is a model employee, offering service that could not be more commendable. We thank him for turning a bad night around, all the while being happy to do it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Yulee? Share your experiences!