“WORST HOTEL STAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Florida Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   852374 US Hwy 17, Yulee, FL 32097   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Yulee
Jacksonville, Florida
“WORST HOTEL STAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

They over charge and advertise things they don't provide. They advertise cable TV. I was able to watch 6 snowy channels ... a couple of local channels and 4 channels that - well I don't know what genre to categorize them under. They advertise Wi-Fi. When I called the office to get an access code I was told they didn't have Wi-Fi at the time. I needed to have a Saturday FedEx package sent to me and called the office before I made arrangements to have it sent to ask if they would be able to accept it for me and they said they would ... didn't bother to tell me that they would not actually be in the office that day. I have nothing good to say about this place except the room was a large room. If I could give a negative rating I would. It was a nightmare and worse than terrible.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
FLHotel, General Manager at Florida Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hi Lin, I apologize about your TV reception and it has been fixed. We were unaware about the matter in your room and it was not brought to our attention during your entire stay. In regards to collecting your package, we were told by FEDEX which stops by often that nothing arrived under your name. Please contact your shipper before notifying the front desk to collect it on your behalf.
We look forward to your next visit.

Avi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Gray Court, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Getting there before dark, found lobby locked and phone number to call for service. Called number and person came, Ask if coffee in room, no, but assured coffee in lobby in morning, 7:15 a.m. found lobby locked and called number, ask about coffee, he said it would be ready in afternoon. Reminded him of check in conversation and he said he would go down and make it. 8:00 a.m. lobby still locked, no coffee, Gave up and left very displeased. Had 20% off coupon that listed pool, breakfast and pet friendly, didn't even get coffee, something I always check before check-in. Because of unattended lobby and lack of respect for guest, what can I say, thumbs down.

Room Tip: Go to motel next door
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Hi Robert, I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. I hope the next time you are in the area you have a chance to enjoy the new breakfast area that will be available. We have coffee makers available upon check-in and I will make sure you receive one on your next visit.

Avi

Travelers are raving about these Yulee hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here during our thanksgiving holiday to visit his family. I have to say that we were very happy with our room. Everything was nice and clean. They have a resteraunt under construction but we were able to have food delivered and there was a great bar also. We will definitely stay again next time we come to Florida.

• Stayed November 2013
Hi Roberta, I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel. I look forward to having you as a guest in the future and I'm sure you will be glad with the recent upgrades we have had done.

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Our stay at the Florida hotel was awful...the water stunk horribly ive never smelt anything like it an not only that theres absolutely no water pressure an the week we stayed it got very cold at night an our heater in our room didnt even work the knob wouldn't even turn an let me go ahead an list some of the other things that was horrible.... no pool he charges 10.00$ a day for WiFi that doesn't even work an there is no kind of food anywhere on the property not even a vending machine...an god forbid if u ask for a refund cause you will NOT get it.The man that owns the hotel is a jewish man an he's all about money money money he does not care about his guest.So my advise to anyone that goes by this hotel you better just keep on driving!!!

• Stayed November 2013
FLHotel, General Manager at Florida Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear guest, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your time at our hotel. We have replaced all our air conditioning & heating units to digital models in the rooms recently. Our pool and restaurant are under construction which is clearly displayed at the front desk. We have multiple vending machines onsite, if you asked you would have been given clear instructions where to find them. We also have a number of restaurants that deliver to our location. I look forward to making your next stay much more comfortable. The owner was not onsite during your visit but I would be glad to have them get in touch with you the next time you are in the area.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The bedding was very comfortable and the general surroundings of the hotel was very attractive. We felt very welcomed and are looking forward to our next stay. The rates are a real bargain for what you get. There is no place like it for miles and miles.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool area.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your positive experience and response to your stay at the Florida Hotel. All of our furniture is high end and much of it is custom made. The mattresses offer a very comfortable rest. I look forward to having you a guest once again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

My time at the hotel was great and the room was well worth the money. The bar was fun and I had a good time there. It was cold this week but the room heater worked fine. If I travel again I would stay again.
A happy traveler :-)

• Stayed November 2013
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. Next time I hope its warmer weather so you can enjoy the common grounds outdoors :)

Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stopped at the first exit in FL and walked into the florida hotel. The front desk gentleman was awesome, he noticed we were tired from driving for hours and gave us some cold sodas. Our room was really nice and the comforters were super comfy. Great stay!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hi, I am happy to hear you appreciated the extra effort that went to make your overnight stay a pleasure. The comforters in your room were brand new :)
I will be glad to reserve the same room the next time you are in the area.

Avi

Been to Florida Hotel? Share your experiences!