“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Florida
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We've been four times. The place is clean and looks nice but that is about all I can say that's positive. It's not "cheap" by any means especially for what you get- mediocre food. Eggs are never cooked right. Hash browns burned to char on one occasion- I am forgiving but the cook and the server thought that was acceptable and actually served it. Eggs Benedict: Hollandaise sauce is like paste and flavorless; English muffin not toasted. Salad bar looks nice although I've never been there at lunch time.

Most frustrating is that everything is an up-charge. I asked for turkey sausage instead of regular sausage one day- extra $3. (meanwhile a side of turkey sausage on the menu was only $2, go figure). Several of their plates such as the breakfast sandwich come with nothing- no scoop of fruit, no grits, no orange wedge- nothing. I asked for a side of fruit one day- extra $3 and it was like 2 pcs of melon and a few grapes. My $6 egg, meat & cheese sandwich ended up being about $10 on 2 of the trips (for substitute of turkey sausage and English muffin).

Each time the substitutions were different amounts, too. I questioned the different pricing once and politely suggested they put some of those "extra" fees on the menu to help the customer. The manager's reply: "it's the servers fault for not explaining it to you". I thought that was unprofessional to throw the server under the bus and she not even seem concerned or apologetic. The server offered to pay the extra $3-4 but I didn't let her. She was working hard for that money. (I overheard the manager snap at the server about it- very rude).

Staff always seems short-handed and servers too busy. Takes a long time for food to come. Last time we went, party of 4 and the bill was over $60- for breakfast. Average for two of us has been about $25 which would be okay if it was great food but it's not.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We gave them some time after their opening, hoping the kinks would have been worked out but that was not our case. Order was sent back as eggs were not cooked properly but re-order came back just the same. Eggs had been ordered over medium and both times the white was still not cooked. Server was apologetic but was so busy she never even offered to adjust the bill. Won't return.

Visited April 2013
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Average restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We went for breakfast to take a break from hotel breakfasts. The service was "meh". I had oatmeal and toast. I got my oatmeal and my daughter got her meal and I had to remind the waitress that I ordered toast. She came back and told me they had to make it. I was wondering how hard an order of oatmeal and toast was that they forgot to make my toast. The waitress then asked me if I wanted a refill on my coffee. I said yes, and waited and waited and waited until she finally came back. Tomorrow I think I will go back down to the breakfast bar at the hotel. The food was average but the service was lacking.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, Alabama
“Worth going to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stopped by the Crazy Egg when leaving Amelia Island. It was worth the stop as the food was very good. The service was also great.

Visited June 2013
Kingsland, Georgia, United States
“Very Pleasantly Suprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Showed up at 330pm...not quite lunch, not quite dinner. We were the only patrons there. Gotta say, if you have a chance, go to this restaurant. Staff was friendly, Food was EGGselent.....(ok, corny I know but I had to do it). Ingredients fresh and all prepared perfectly. I will definitely be back!!!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

If you own or manage Crazy Egg, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.