“Perfect superior hotel and excellent location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS First Coast Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS First Coast Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS First Coast Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   I-95 Exit 373, 462577 State Road 200, Yulee, FL 32097 (Formerly Country Inns and Suites Yulee)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Yulee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hannover, Germany
“Perfect superior hotel and excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed only for one night, but this night was wonderful (03/16/13) - 345917768-01. The room was clean and very beautiful. The bed mattresses are very comfortable. Only the aircondition was a bit to loud. We got a room with a living room. The front desk with Evelyn was very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a perfect location nearby the beaches especially Amelia Island (13 miles). Apart from this it is a perfect choice for staying in this area. There is no reason staying on Amelia Island and pay the triple.

Room Tip: Like usual you should reserve a room on the upper floor in a motel, because in a motel the sound-pro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Me and my husband try to take my two children down to Disney in Orlando at least twice a year. This was our first time stopping at this particular exit and I have to say, we'll be stopping there again! The front desk clerk, Britney, was very cheerful and made us feel right at home. The entire hotel has a warm ambiance to it that just makes you feel comfortable. The two queens room we had was nicer than we expected for the price we paid, so that was a plus. And they even served cookies when we checked in! Needless to say my kids feel in love immediately. I only have one bad thing to say about my experience and this wasn't even the hotel's fault.. If anything it's because the hotel was TO good that this was an issue. The breakfast was packed in the morning and I didn't want to bother anyone with my overly excited children for their trip to Disney. Plus, I'm just not a morning person.. So there's that, too. Because of the cheerful attitude of the front desk associate and the overall excellance of the hotel, we'll definitely be at this hotel again. Maybe this time I should sign up for Best Western Rewards.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The staff really makes this hotel great. I had a few issues, the main being the refrigerator. It died mid-stay. I called the desk and in less than 2 minutes someone came to my room to determine my need. A couple of minutes later maintenance arrived with a replacement. They also noticed a light bulb was out in my bathroom light bar. There were more lights in that bar but replaced the bulb immediately.
Upon check in apparently Priceline had me placed in an accessible room. The desk person switched that out for me. I didn't need it and if someone checked in needing it they could have it.
One elevator made things slow when I needed it, but I'm a patient person. Breakfast was nice to have, 24/7 coffee was also nice. Room was nice, clean. Parking was ample. Location was great. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was by far the best Best Western we have ever stayed at, and one of the most nicely appointed rooms we have ever experienced at a motel. Sherry and Joy's services at the desk were outstanding - and the freshly baked cookies and later salsa "snack" were great evening treats. Hungry breakfast goers quickly dispensed with the chow, but we were able to get all that we needed. The Florida Travel green coupon book (available at rest stops and restaurants) provided a very nice discount for this quality stay.

Room Tip: Our first floor room was ideal and convenient.
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

You will be very happy in your stay at this hotel. The rooms are very quiet, clean and neat, the bed mattresses very comfortable, sheets are extra clean, pillows are comfortable whether you like them soft and squishy or with firm support, towels are soft, bathroom is large and clean and well lit, water is hot, temperature control actually works and is excellent, the free breakfast is well stocked and plentiful, hallways are clean and quiet, and the staff was very friendly. Just so you know that I am not a "hotel plant" reviewer because of all the positives about this excellent hotel, I'll bring up one point that is my beef with this hotel and everywhere else I've stayed for the last eight years...it's too blasted dark in the room with those stupid, stupid, x!#*& flourescent light bulbs in all the lamps. The room is lit enough to not trip over something, but forget trying to see in your suitcase, in the cupboards where the refrigerator and microwave are, or read something. Of course, heaven forbid, we Americans should want to read something by the lamplight. Maybe our government officials and the past Bush Administration who passed this idiotic bill figured "if reading by candlelight power was good enough for our forefathers, it's good enough for us today!"

Room Tip: Stay on any floor. Even though first floor, not a sound came from the ceiling above us or walls aro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I think this is a really nice property, but I experienced a couple of minor issues. Fortunately, I reserved through BW in advance and got a really good rate. When I checked in, the desk agents were quoting walk-in and phone guests rates $15-40 higher than what I paid. They were pretty close to full and the desk was busy (there was a line and as soon as I walked in, 4 others got in line behind me), so that may have impacted the level of service. It was fair service, but nothing special. I stayed at three BWs on my trip and this is the only one where I didn't a little gift for being a Rewards member. I'm not necessarily complaining about not getting a gimmicky free gift, but the little things sometimes make a difference.

There is only one elevator, and with the high volume of people checking in around the same time as me, it was a little slow. In my room, I tried to set the fan on the AC unit to manual instead of auto, as I like the white noise, but it would still cut off after a couple of minutes. I really liked the wide selection of TV channels - pretty much the full DirecTV lineup. The room was nicely furnished and the bed was comfortable.

The fitness center was pretty nice for a hotel of this size, and I appreciated it being open 24 hours. I didn't use the pool, but the hot tub was good.

The nacho bar was a nice touch, as was the lemonade and coffee in the lobby. Breakfast was really good - the menu rotates throughout the week. My only minor gripe is that bagels are not offered on the weekends. The self-serve waffles made up for that though.

When I checked out, I checked my room carefully as I'm famous for leaving things like cell phone chargers, etc. When I lifted the covers to check the floor by the bed, I found trash that had been there the whole time from a previous guest - a couple of pieces of paper and a gobstopper. Obviously, the housekeeping staff missed it. It's not a huge deal to me, but I know some people that would get really upset over something like that.

Overall, this is a nice property. It's a bit pricey, but that's because of the location. It's very convenient from the interstate. I wanted to rate it a little higher (I would go 3.5 if that was an option), but the little things made a difference. I think part of it was just that the place was busy, but I'd certainly give this place another chance if I'm back in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Ulster, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were driving for hours on our way home from an extended stay in Florida. We were pleasantly surprised and impressed with the facilities. Joy extended a very welcoming hello as we entered. The room was extremely clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the hot tub but were a little disappointed the pool was not heated. We had been told that a repair man was to show earlier that day to fix the heater. I would have rated an excellent if the pool had been heated. It would have felt great to swim to stretch out tired muscles. The breakfast was more than we expected. Delicious!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS First Coast Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!