“My employees want to make this a regular outing” 5 of 5 stars

(407) 628-2333
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ravenous Pig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 275 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Orlando 17-92
Orlando, Florida
“My employees want to make this a regular outing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I take my employees out to dinner once a month as an incentive. We have an entire list of restaurants that they wanted to try this year. After we enjoyed a night at the Ravenous Pig, they've asked me to cross off the rest of the restaurants and return here every month.

We had a group of 5, and we shared a few appetizers, including the sweetbread, fois gras, gruyere biscuits and octopus. Everyone raved about everything, and we were already pretty satisfied when our entrees arrived. Our overall favorite was the Spring Cabonara pasta - the lamb bacon seemed to infuse the entire dish. My Steak Frites was the next favorite; perfectly cooked, and the truffle fries made the rounds of the table a few times. The Pub Burger was amazing, as was the ravioli and salmon. We declined dessert, but we did enjoy a few rounds of cocktails and wine.

Of course, their drink selections are fantastic, although pricey. The service is a little slow at times, but the restaurant was also really crowded. Our server was still very attentive. It's worth every penny and moment of waiting, though. We will definitely be back!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

O'Fallon, Missouri
“Very nice Gastro Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had read good reviews at The Ravenous Pig, so was keen to try it on our visit to the Orlando area. The atmosphere is what I would call upscale but casual, and the food we ordered was delicious. I had the Salmon with Watermelon radish and it was cooked perfectly. My husband had the Pork which looked a little undercooked for my liking, but he was OK with it. The desserts that we had were divine! The service was very good too, prompt but not overbearing. I notice that if anyone left the table, the passing waiters would pick up the napkin and refold it on their place setting which I thought was a nice tough. Only downside I would say, is that the food is a little on the pricey side.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“The service at the bar is abysmal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This same phenomenon has happened to me several times, so I thought I'd throw out a warning to other potential customers. Every time I bring a date and sit at a table, the service is outstanding. When I go by myself and sit at the bar, trying to order dinner is nearly impossible. I don't think I'm invisible anywhere else BUT there. They keep my drink full, but never indicate that dinner is an option. Meanwhile, couples around me are eating at the bar. Shame on you!

Too bad. The food is good. Consistently poor service at the bar has cost you a customer.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Longwood, Florida
“Must go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Went there last Saturday night. Defenitly a restaurant worth waiting for. Food is great, amazing service. Just go ....

Visited May 2013
“Pretty Good, Cool Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I've heard so many of my friends say this place is awesome. So i had to try it. I actually ordered the wrong item. I should have ordered the burger, or something else... but I went with a salad. I'm never satisfied when I get a salad. So I need to go back and try something else. But I do have to say the BACON in that salad was outstanding!! So thick and delicious. And then I had the Pig Tails dessert. The chocolate sauce it was served with was delicious, I wanted to drink the cup of chocolate ;) The atmosphere here is great, and the service was amazing.

Visited May 2013