“Amazing meal.. A very special treat..” 5 of 5 stars

(407) 628-2333
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ravenous Pig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 267 restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Orlando 17-92
Miramar, Florida
“Amazing meal.. A very special treat..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I came here on a whim of a drive-by. Thank god we did. The food was amazing we even threw the idea around that we would definetly drive the 3 hours + to come back and eat here again. I had the whiskey drink with the candid bacon on top... OMG...!!!! The biscuits, oh my God the biscuits, don't come here without having there biscuits. It would be a crime and you will hate yourself forever.The main courses, there is no way to actually describe the taste but we touched a bit of heaven while eating. The finale was the sweetened bread shaped twisted pigs tails for dessert with chocolate espresso sauce on the side. Word's can not describe the enjoyment one has while eating these... We will definetly back...

Update: We tried coming back last week for lunch and little did we know they close down the kitchen at 2:00 p.m. We got there at 2:05 and they wouldnt sit us and they turned us away. That was very dissapointing. Such wonderful food but getting turned away left us with a bad taste in our mouth.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
Waldorf, Md
“Exceptional meal and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We were wondering if the occasional negative review we saw about RP was accurate or oddball. Clearly they are oddball and most likely from predisposed reviewers. The food was exceptional - the sous vide short rib caused swooning at the table and all our tables selections were a hit. Our server was also a plus and the wine pricing was reasonable. This place will get a revisit on our next trip

Orlando, FL and Oberaudorf, DE
“Save Room for the Pigtails!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

As a special treat whenever we need a REAL burger, we head to The Ravenous Pig! First though, one MUST have a reservation! I have been disappointed at times as no room was available for our party of two, but I always keep coming back. The Lobster tacos occasionally stave off my appetite for the burgers, but I ALWAYS save room for the pig tails. (Warm, sweetened bread shaped into the twisted pig tails, served with semi sweet dark chocolate sauce.) As we have had just about everything on the menu, it is a pleasure to have their seasonal changes to the daily feasts. Great bar service, with crafted beers a specialty, appease my serious male family members. It is always a joy to be there, but occasionally there is a slight dip in the service. It is always corrected by our next visit, however. For young and old, it is a place for the serious Winter Park crowd to be filling most tables. I love it!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have been there 3 times and every time I was not impressed. I really don't get what all the fuss is about. The food is overpriced and not that special.

Our waiter last night couldn't crack a smile - at least he removed one entree from the bill that was terrible. Neither person who ordered it could/would eat it. The best part of the meal was the dessert and coffee.

There are other restaurants in town that have consistent service and better food. I wouldn't bother going back again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, FL
“Still Leading the Way in Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I were there over the holidays and had an extremely great evening. Downtown Orlando, including Winter, Baldwin, and College Park has seen a huge influx of great local cuisine and it's being led still by the Ravenous Pig. (Yes, I might be missing some other areas, but I digress.)

We had a late reservation and sat in the bar area. We never once thought it was too noisy. A couple of cocktails and the appetizer of seasonal soup (butternut squash I believe) and the biscuits, we had a nice slow start to the dinner. We ordered the pork tenderloin and steak for our entree's, along with a bottle of wine. Both meat's were cooked to our liking and the portions excellent (we had leftovers). We did not do dessert, but overall the Pig still is exceptional.

Cheers