“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Orlando, Florida
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Well is not the typical restaurant you can found here in Orlando, you can feel like in a bodega in Spain, the place was not big, but the true is all bodegas in Spain are similar, the food is really really awesome is like you eat in Spain, the chef is amazing, his food is terrific. His waiter is very friendly. definitely I come back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Winter Park, Florida
“REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD FIND! GREAT CHEF!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Wonderful food! REAL food! REAL tastes! Not a chain! Wonderful service! Lovely Sangria as well as other wines and beer. This place is a real find and not at all busy at lunch with a special fixed price lunch menu on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Fish is fabulous, but then so is the lamb and chicken and beef too for that matter. The tapas are large enough to share. Do make a reservation for dinner though as you will find Spanish speakers from all over the area are regulars at this restaurant. It's that authentic. White table cloths, but this is Florida so you can dress comfortably. We've been here often and I have seen families, groups of friends, people dining alone and couples on dates as well as special occasion groups celebrating. Open at night Tuesdays through Sundays. Closed Monday and Tuesday lunch.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Yes Please”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Diamond in the rough. I didn't know what to think of this place at first. But WOW! This place was awesome. Great service. The waiter really got involved and introduced us to some new flavors. It was a smaller restaurant, but we made reservations. Thank goodness, because it filled up quick. The food and the drinks were fabulous. At first I thought everything was strictly with tomato sauce, but I'm telling you, it isn't what you think. It tastes fabulous! I will DEFINITELY go back!

Arlington, Texas
“Absolutely and positively loved!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We were visiting for a weekend getaway and looking for a restaurant that wasn't a chain. We happened by this place on a Saturday night and stopped in without a reservation. They were able to get us a table within 10 minutes. It was right in front of the live music, but that was fine. The older gentleman had a wonderful voice. They brought us bread that was thinly sliced and brushed with oil and herbs then grilled. It was wonderful. We decided to share the Seafood Paella which takes about 20 minutes (they let you know that in advance). The time flew by with the yummy bread, live music and house made Sangrias! The Paella was worth the wait as it was fantastic! The two of us ate every morsel of the octopus, mussels, white fish, shrimp and squid. My friend didn't want to try the octopus, but braved it anyway because the pieces are chopped small so it wasn't really noticeable. The waiter offered us a second Sangria on the house! We lingered a while after dinner and chatted with the hostess. She indicated that it's a family business with everyone involved. You can actually feel that when there. We committed that we loved the atmosphere as it felt like what we'd experienced in Europe. Lots of people laughing, not rushing and enjoying a meal together. No one had their phone out. It is a little loud, but that's part of the charm to me. Kind of forgot I was in the U.S. The service was excellent and not intrusive. There was thankfully, no one at my table every five minutes asking if I needed something. We didn't feel rushed as if they needed to turn the table. I will absolutely make this place a stop whenever I'm in Orlando for business. I'll just remember to make a reservation if it's a weekend. The hostess said none is needed during the week.

Visited February 2014
Elgin, Illinois
“El Bodegon not for me”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We went here after reading reviews while on vacation..We should of left as soon as I saw a huge dead cockaroach near the bathroom..but the kids were tired and hungry and the place was very cute and the staff nice..so we decided to stay...the food we ordered was a paella dish with chorizo and chicken..the rice was such a wreck...overly covered in a paste like orange substance..almost as if it came out of a can...the chorizo and the chicken had a sour almost rotten taste and we decided at that point to leave..we paid for the meal and didnt complain because the staff was very nice and we didn't want to make a scene.

• Visited January 2014