“Not so sure I would return” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Café, Soups, Sandwiches
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Canopy Cafe offers excellent food at a reasonable price, for breakfast, lunch and special occasions. Breakfast is served throughout the day. Enjoy a friendly atmosphere with three unique dining areas: indoors, outdoors under umbrellas or on our spacious canopy-covered patio. Take a break before or during your busy workday, or enjoy a leisurely meal when you have the time with one of our specialty mimosas. Can't get away from work? Canopy Cafe offers delivery, including catering options to satisfy all of your fellow workers. Or, bring your work with you since free Wifi is available. For those that don't live or work in Winter Park, our restaurant is conveniently located near the Sunrail station. If arriving by car, parking should never be a problem. Planning Your Next Event? If you are hosting a Corporate Event or a Special Celebration we offer our entire restaurant to only you and your invited guests, after normal business hours. We offer several menus at different prices along with a variety of wines and beer. Talk to our Event Planner for dates, times, menu and pricing. We want to help make your event special. Make our place yours. Restaurant available from 4:30 PM until 10:30 PM, 7 days a week with a 2 1/2 hour time limit
Ovideo fl
“Not so sure I would return”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Visited Tolla's as part of a party of four and sat outside. First issue is the chairs and table are like sitting in rocking chairs which you think would be a item that they would have heard about and resolved. They do have Live Music and the musicians and music choices were good but way to loud, which caused the party next to us have to talk louder which in turn made it impossible to have a conversation. The menu is not as diverse as one would think your limited to Chicken, Shrimp and Veal as a meat. Seriously not a steak on the menu. I believe all in all there are less than 6 meat selections on menu. Thy do have a make your own pasta combo which seemed inviting but not an item I was in mood to try. I ordered the Chicken Tuscan it had a nice flavor (The Sauce) however for $19 I would expect more than 1/2 a chicken breast (bland) and 3 pieces of artichoke. It sat on a good portion of Bowtie however not enough to garner $19. And half a chicken breast seems to be the norm as 2 others at my table that hade chicken dishes had the same half serving. I did try the red sauce they use in their dishes and from someone that makes their own I have to say there sauce was very thick and I would say had a sour taste.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Central Florida, Florida
“Good food, but expensive & slow kitchen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a small restaurant inside, but with a second covered area outside with the sides covered with fabric to protect patrons from the sun. The inside has 4 small tables and 3 high top tables. We had the lasagna and the penne pasta with pesto sauce. Both were very tasty. The pesto was swimming in olive oil. Warm fresh rolls are served with olive oil (or butter -- your choice) as an appetizer. Both our meals came with a nice garden salad with good romaine lettuce (no iceberg in sight!).
The biggest problem with this restaurant is the extremely slow service from the kitchen. Our server, Suzanne, was very friendly and checked on us several times but after the salads, we had to wait a long time to get our main meals. I could understand if we were there on a busy night, but we were there early (5pm) on a Thursday. There was no one else in the restaurant for more than half our meal.
Lastly, the place is a little expensive for the food you get. It is $13 for a pasta with a sauce. For that amount, I expect to have more than just pasta, especially penne pasta that didn't taste freshly made. To add veggies, it is another $5.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Winter Park, FL
“You can find better Italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The food is fairly typical for an Italian restaurant in the U.S.. If that's okay with you, then you will like it. There are large portions but not great quality.

Visited July 2012
Orlando
“Gluten Free Friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I've been to Tolla's several times and it's always good, but imagine my surprise this time when I said I was on a wheat/gluten free diet and thought an Italian restaurant was probably a bad choice. Well, guess what - they have a full gluten free menu. Pasta, home made gluten free wheat free BREAD!!!, and they will even coat your eggplant, chicken, etc with a gluten free flour. I had really good rolls with the olive oil and balsamic (or butter if you prefer), chicken marsala with mushrooms and for pasta they had gluten free penne.

Happy me. Service was great with a very accommodating server. I receive their monthly coupon via email and we got a free bottle of wine with two dinners. All in all a very nice evening and the a/c outside patio was delightful with the two musicians. Love it - recommend it.

Oh, and as an artist, finding my artwork in their restaurant (purchased through my publisher) it was the cap on a great night!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winter Park, Florida
“Homey atmosphere and tasty dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I got shrimp aioli and man was it tasty. The service was good, and we had a Groupon coupon when we went. I was very pleased with the service, the food, and the atmosphere. It's such a relaxing place. Some nights they have a guitarist come in and play some music. Great venue.

• Visited May 2012