“Not what I expected” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 240 Restaurants in Winter Park
Miami, Florida
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Based on reviews online I was expecting the most delicious Cuban food ever, but what I found was that although the food was not bad by any means, it wasn't amazing. They had run out of pulled pork and white rice when we arrived at 7pm, which sucked because thats what we wanted to eat. Portions of sandwiches are large, but portions of meals are just right. The food was good, but was missing the right seasoning that really separates a true cuban meal with just a regular meal. Lastly, there are no tables inside this restaurant, juts counter space with 5 or 6 seats so don't expect to have a sit down dinner with friends, I recommend take out.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Orlando, Florida
“Best Cubans in Florida!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Oh my god! These Cubans are to die for! Any time my husband and I can swing by here, we do. The black beans and rice are also delish. I highly recommend this hole in the wall restaurant.

Visited July 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Delish! Avoid peak times!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The empanadas are ridiculous (in a good way) here! You must try the ground beef one. Haven't tried something I didn't like here. The service is impeccable too. The place is small, so you may have to take it to go and the parking is a tad chaotic at peak times - so go a bit before or a bit after regular lunch hours!

Visited January 2013
Diamond
“Only Average Cuban Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We ate here for supper. We both had the Spanish chicken plate. The chicken was the best part of the dinner. It was moist and fell off the bone, but was a small portion. The black beans and rice were plentiful, but quite bland. The fried plantains were interesting to try. We were disappointed because this is the first time we have not had a very good meal when using Tripadvisor. We are not sure why some people gave this restaurant rave reviews. Our food was average at best.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Orlando
“If you like your black beans hard......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Overall the Black Bean deli is pretty good for a cheap lunch. The Cuban sandwiches are tasty and the portions are fair. My only negative comment is that the black beans are hard. Maybe I'm just a little biased because my girlfriend is Cuban and her mom makes the best black beans I've ever had. There is more to making good black beans than hjust opening a can and heating them up. To do it right you start with dried beans, soak them and then slow cook them with the righ amount of seasonings, onion and a little love.

• Visited February 2013