“Old French Restaurant in old Historic Winter Park” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe de France is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 240 Restaurants in Winter Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Cafe de France opened its doors to Park Avenue in July 1982. Since then it has always been owned and operated by French natives, following the pattern of many little restaurants in Europe. Cafe de France takes pride in serving the freshest ingredients brought in daily. All dishes are freshly prepared on premises. Our specials change everyday, according to market availability. Full bar and wine cuvinet We hope you'll enjoy your dining experience in our quaint restaurant, and we look forward to your future visit. OPEN FOR LUNCH AND DINNER, TUESDAY THRU SATURDAY! Open for lunch. Bon appetit!
Orlando, Florida
“Old French Restaurant in old Historic Winter Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This restaurant has been in operation by the same family since 1982. It is a small restaurant with white table cloths and true French food! Absolutely delicious! We had a lovely lunch, the staff was very attentive, the food was wonderful and the price was right! Such ambiance in this tiny place. We will be going back!!!

• Visited February 2013

Fountain, Colorado
“Best French Cuisine in Orlando!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have been going to Cafe de France for over ten years and have consistently had a great experience every time. Their French cuisine is always cooked to perfection and has amazing flavor, the servers are helpful and friendly, and the drinks always meet my expectations.

I would highly recommend getting the calamari, it is absolutely to die for! Also, the lamb and filet mignon are great choices if you are going for dinner. This is a great restaurant for large dinners or parties. I had my graduation lunch here when I graduated from UCF and I really couldn't have picked a better place.

Overall, this family owned restaurant is my go-to place if I am looking for great food and great service. Even though I had to move to Colorado this last year, I still plan on stopping here when I visit and I would recommend Cafe de France to anyone :)

• Visited January 2013
Brevard, North Carolina
“My Favorite French Restaurant in the Orlando Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've been to all of them, including the French restaurant at EPCOT, but Cafe de France remains my favorite since it stays consistently excellent. The atmosphere is quaint and nice and quiet (becoming harder to find in restaurants these days with ubiquitous big screen TVs), the servers are always professional, and the food is always delicious and beautifully presented. Definitely a place for a special night out, but you can also enjoy a lovely lunch or brunch while shopping Park Avenue.

• Visited December 2012
st simons island, ga
“The real deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

We stumbled on this for lunch and loved it. Only thing that would be better is if it were actually IN France.

We had a GOOOD Beaujolais that was reasonably priced. We each had the charcuterie platter: EXCELLENT. wonderful proper crusty French bread. Not that soft stuff. I had mussels- perfect and fresh. Grilled baby artichokes: wow. This should have been my entree. Perfectly seasoned. Husband had coq au Vin. A wonderful surprise. Lots of good restaurants on park ave but gotta believe this is one of the best.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winter Park, Florida
“Excellent Food and Romantic Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This tiny French restaurant is as simple and authentically French as can be. Hardwood floors, paneled walls and simple art on the walls. Small tables, mostly for two but groups are often there as well. The food is simply prepared in the French manner and it is of the highest quality. It is, perhaps, the finest meal in Winter Park.

Visited June 2012