“Gone.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Matilda’s On Park is the newest addition to the chic zip code and provides an incredible view of Park Avenue, a street that is known for gourmet food and great shopping. Matilda’s has expanded the location into a multi purpose space. Downstairs you will find a spacious patio overlooking Park Avenue, a comfortable dining room and bar with HDTVs (32 total offering all sports packages) and a private back room perfect for a quiet dinner. If you take the stairs to the second floor, you will find a different atmosphere all together. Named ‘Matilda’s After Dark’, it’s the largest banquet facility on Park Avenue. Fit to host up to 175 people, the lounge boasts leather coaches, a private bar and a fireplace. Thursday nights are perfect for Rollins students, on Fridays they have live music and on Saturdays a DJ spins your favorite hits. With a full menu and open until 2am, it’s everything the street was missing...
Metro Orlando
“Gone.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Matilda's is closed. I stopped by here today to meet a buddy for lunch. The doors were close, which was a little odd. One side was locked but the other side wasn't. I walked in and the place had been half gutted with nobody around. If they're "remodeling", as I subsequently saw in an article on-line, they're not very far along and are still working on the demolition portion. Taking another look, all the signs are gone and there's nothing indicating it's Matilida's or any other restaurant, other than the big 358 over the door.

Visited April 2014

Dallas, Pennsylvania, United States
“Wonderful lunch when spending the day in Winter park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I spent the day in Winter Park this past week and we had an excellent lunch at Matilda's. We started with the Sesame crusted Tuna and it was wonderful. I then had the Popeye Mac n Cheese. It was excellent. Very rich and creamy and filled with spinach, artichokes and red peppers. i would definitely order this again. My husband had the trip of Mac N Cheeses and it came with 3 generous portions, he had Buffalo Style, portobello mushroom and 4 cheese. They were all excellent. My husband accidentally left our credit card there and they even went out of there way to find us and get it back to us. I would definitely go back if I am in the area again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando
“Very Good to Excellent Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Nice place on scenic Park Ave. For appetizers, arrive hungry and order their sampler. Good service, overall good food cooked well. This is my second visit. Worth checking out. I prefer their outside seating.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Titusville,fl.
“Total Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Purchased a Travel Zoo Voucher. Had reservations with a friend for dinner. The staff and manager lead us on for about an hour and then told us the restaurant was out of just about everything. How disappointing! Really? You could have called us and let us know this. After reading several of the reviews before mine, this has been actually a problem going on for months. Save your time and money, Don't go here!

Leesburg, Florida
“Worst Food on Park Avenue”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

After numerous calls to the restaurant , the phone was NEVER answered. I had to call Travel Zoo to find out if the restaurant was closed. My Travel Zoo voucher stated that we must make reservations prior to dinner. With there aid , I finally make a reserve for 1/9/14. This is a great neighborhood with many great places to dine. Both my wife and I ordered our preferred Vodka
which is a normal top shelf brand. It was not available? Instead we ordered Grey Goose up, which was NOT Grey Goose. Our server was very pleasant and courteous . We ordered the Crab & Lobster Balls for an appetizer. Totally absent was any flavor of Lobster. We placed our order for dinner . The server returned to inform us of the 5 - 6 Entrees offered - They were out of Rib Eye Steak and Grouper. (It was 6 pm ?) After showing our disappointment - she made a trip to the kitchen. She returned and said they now have steak? But NO Grouper. My wife ordered the Rib Eye and I ordered Shrimp Scampi. The steak looked great when presented. But, it was very mealy and tough. She tried a second bite , but it was terrible. I had the scampi - which was cheese pasta with shrimp (Off flavor ) mixed together. Not even a hint of garlic ? Two bites for me . We told the waitress that the food was not edible and left ! I spent 34 years working for a food company -- one of the worst experiences we have had in Winter Park !

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere