“Always delighted” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Prato is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 267 restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Morse and Park Avenue
Description: Blending simplicity and inspiration, Prato celebrates cuisine from Italy's rich culinary landscape, seamlessly blending Italian classics with modern techniques and seasonal ingredients. Celebrated chef, Brandon McGlamery entices guests with dishes ranging from light primi and insalata choices to savory, handcrafted pastas and inventive Italian entrees. By offering a variety of Spanish and Italian varietals and blends, we help our guests to discover complex, unique and lesser known wines that excited and delight their palettes. With a long bar that runs through the center of the restaurant, dining at Prato offers a communal and social atmosphere.
Orlando, FL
“Always delighted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I live in Winter Park. Am at Prato weekly. Maybe twice weekly for lunch and dinner.

I just entered my reviews for a recent trip, realized I don't think to review my local spots. Prato deserves more than a glowing review. What more can I do to tell you that this is the place to go?

The executive chef is creative, extremely creative. But he also has that innate knowledge of what will be pleasing as well as adventurous. It's a delicate balance to strike, and he does it. Changes the menu often, weekly perhaps every two weeks. Keeping some offerings always.

SO recently I've had the Campagne Salad (curly endive, other lettuces, nuts, cheeses, fruit), hangar steak w bulgur pilaf and wild mushrooms and ramps, peanut butter and chocolate dessert done 4 ways, antipasto plate. Their salads are amazingly creative. The roasted butternut and walnut salad is excellent. Always have some sort of a steak offering. Desserts are creative, many deconstructed. Such as Apple Crisp done as the cinnamony apples as a compote, vanilla creme anglaise, oatmeal crunch sprinkled generously, scoop of raisin ice cream. Their homemade pasta offerings are great. Just had mustard pasta with pancetta and caramelized onion light cream sauce. Imagine that combination. Oh man.

Waitstaff is friendly, attentive, knowledgeable. Tim the manager is always there, always watching for any hiccups. He keeps it all running smoothly.

Tables outside or near the front are quieter. Inside can be noisy for me (I'm older. My adult kids like the inside energy.) They have good heaters outside for the winter months. And efficient valet parking right at the front door.

Best dinner place in Central Florida. Worth the drive from Disney. Worth the drive from anywhere. After dinner, walk up and down Park Avenue, the street all developers dream to have.

Visited May 2013

85% Recommend
“Insultingly overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Wow, people raving about this place have clearly been out in the sticks their whole lives. They mispelled both our first and last names so badly while recording our reservation that upon our arrival they insisted that we had no reservation. The attitude rich and horribly tatooed trashy hostess told us they were too busy for walk-ins. Suddenly the manager pointed out to her that there was a party of 4 at 6:30 with names extremely similar to ours. Nice work sherlock, drop the attitude next time until you know what the F is going on. We got a briefing from the waitress that the menu was "hard to understand" so she explained what prosciutto was. WOW thanks! Seriously? Are there people who need that explanation?

$21 dollar Meat and Cheese platter:
7 olives
3 slices of Sopresatta
Maybe 1/2 oz. of shaved prosciutto
6 slivers of fried dough
2 oz. of assorted cheese
oh and wait for it....Mortadella Foam, yes foam on a freaking plate
This whole platter could fit in one hand.

$13 for 4 fried flowers (squash blossoms) tasteless

Entrees were half the size of expected/described.

Our lamb pasta dish contained no lamb, which was admitted later by the chef and taken off our bill. My Prawn Diavolo pasta contained 3 prawns the size of my pinky finger. $16 for 3 prawns and six forks of average pasta.

This place is cosmetic. It's fancy and trendy but is way overpriced. We've eaten in over 40 countries and can spot a ripoff. The chef is talented and has great ideas, but buddy don't insult us. There is nothing Italian about tiny portions and high prices. You may fool some culturally challenged Floridians, but that's about it. You'd be laughed out of Tuscany, Rush Street in Chicago, Metropolitan Ave in Brooklyn and any other place worthy of mentioning.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hampshire, England
“Absolutely delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We visited with friends who live locally and had recommended it. The service was brilliant. I had the cioppino which was first class. Excellent value and will definitely return!

Visited April 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Better Every visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My friends and I have been coming back to Prato every chance we get. I started off with a draft Peroni and some Pretzel-crusted Calamari for Antipasti, yum. Tonight, I decided to order two main dishes (half portions) instead of one large. I wanted to enjoy more flavors and I was in for an unexpected treat. I had the most tasteful Potato Gnocchi ever and the Sea Urchin pasta was a hit with me too. My friends ordered two pizzas a Widowmaker and Diavolo, Thanks for sharing. I liked the Diavolo the best and it’s got a little fire to it. The Trout I hear was a hit too and gone before I could taste it. Thank you for another great night with great friends and great food!! The Wait Staff has made a nice mark on us as well. I think almost every one of their staff checked on us in passing... superb attention. Thanks!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great bar vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Food was very good, prices reasonable...a little noisy but it was a bar. Great place to hang with friends for a night out.

Visited March 2013