“Better Every visit” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Prato is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 282 Restaurants in Winter Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Morse and Park Avenue
Description: Blending simplicity and inspiration, Prato celebrates cuisine from Italy's rich culinary landscape, seamlessly blending Italian classics with modern techniques and seasonal ingredients. Celebrated chef, Brandon McGlamery entices guests with dishes ranging from light primi and insalata choices to savory, handcrafted pastas and inventive Italian entrees. By offering a variety of Spanish and Italian varietals and blends, we help our guests to discover complex, unique and lesser known wines that excited and delight their palettes. With a long bar that runs through the center of the restaurant, dining at Prato offers a communal and social atmosphere.
Orlando, Florida
“Better Every visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My friends and I have been coming back to Prato every chance we get. I started off with a draft Peroni and some Pretzel-crusted Calamari for Antipasti, yum. Tonight, I decided to order two main dishes (half portions) instead of one large. I wanted to enjoy more flavors and I was in for an unexpected treat. I had the most tasteful Potato Gnocchi ever and the Sea Urchin pasta was a hit with me too. My friends ordered two pizzas a Widowmaker and Diavolo, Thanks for sharing. I liked the Diavolo the best and it’s got a little fire to it. The Trout I hear was a hit too and gone before I could taste it. Thank you for another great night with great friends and great food!! The Wait Staff has made a nice mark on us as well. I think almost every one of their staff checked on us in passing... superb attention. Thanks!!

“Great bar vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Food was very good, prices reasonable...a little noisy but it was a bar. Great place to hang with friends for a night out.

Visited March 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Good pizza, for italians”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I been in this nice restaurant with my girlfriend. We got an appetizer (Crostino) that was really good and 2 pizza. The dough of the pizza was really good and it was cook perfectly. Also really good the stuff over and the sauce. Good and friendly service, good italians wines especially the chianti. Just a problem... The pizza was really difficult to digest. Probably 2 pizza are too much for 2 skinny guys.
Prices a little expansive.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best gourmet Italian meal I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I've traveled all over Italy and never had an Italian meal as good as this! Red wine marinated olives served warm were an amazing starter alone with meatballs served with a polenta sauce. For dinner I had yellowtail snapper was amazing served with an herbal orzo and fresh vegetables- just beautiful! Atmosphere is bustling but classy and understandably busy. Service was excellent also and although the place was packed we were well taken care of. If you love Italian and the classy ambiance of Winter Park it's a perfect blend!

Florida
“Excellent Dinning Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary along Park Ave, Winter Park. Despite the pouring rain and harsh winds/lightning, we ventured to our reservation (strongly suggested). First time at this restaurant and we were nothing but amazed with the service and food quality. Our server Kirsten was delightful and friendly. We had some great recommendations which we couldn't resist ordering! They were simply amazing. The ambiance is unique, having visited Italy before, this Italian restaurant is true urban Italy - without the culture shock! Mixture of attire though, some kids in Jerseys and Hats, others in business attire, and some in cocktail attire. Seems all are welcome. My only minor issue was the white napkins which "shed" all over my black pants - might suggest getting alternative napkins/towels. Kirsten was engaging, but also let us enjoy our time together - which is very rare in this industry. I could go on and on about our great experience, but to sum it up, excellent food, amazing service, wonderful experience! Thank you Kirsten for making our anniversary special - even swapping out the complimentary dessert for another option =)