“Good beer and food (meats)!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Satellite Beach, Florida
“Good beer and food (meats)!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We started out odd placed on a back corner...joked with the hostess and my husband that they placed us in the back since we are old (late 40s). The hostess was clueless....we moved ourselves to bar area. The service was very good and friendly. Food was good.. I got the trio of sausages (excellent). My husband opted for the meatball sandwich that was to be served on hallow out baget (was not as described). Overall good.. Cool thing is the chef came out and asked if everything was good. That is very nice and we will visit again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Florida
“Food was average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were really looking forward to our lunch at Shipyard, but were disappointed. The food was ok. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good. I had a sandwich and the bread was stale. My husband enjoyed the beer and said he would go back for the beer, but I probably won't go back for the food.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Maitland, Florida
“Too Groovy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is a popular restaurant with the hoity toity crowd of Winter Park. The beer is expensive and so is the skimpy food. Give me the real world flavor of the Copper Rocket in Maitland where the variety of beer is good and the prices allow you to have more than one.

Visited June 2012
Winter Springs, Florida
“For a Maine & Beer (+ wine) appreciator, you have to love "Live Maine Mondays" at the Shipyard Brew Pub.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

My son and his wife introduced us to the Shipyard through a Father's Day gift card to my husband. I've returned a number of times with him and with visiting friends, and on each visit I find more to like on the menu and beyond.
I enjoy the modern but casual atmosphere, the really wonderful beers that I enjoy tasting with the "flights" of four, the lobster rolls, (which you can only truly appreciate if you've had one in Maine), the Shipyard clam chowder, Shipyard pot roast sandwich and unusual and wonderful flat breads. So far everything has been great, including some special side dishes.
An extra treat is the unexpected Artisan breads made on site. I usually take a couple loaves home with me. And when it's available on draft, I like to order "Knightro" beer, created to honor the nearby University of Central Florida.
An unusual decoration is the beer mugs hanging from above the bar area. If you join the Mug Club you will have your own mug and other benefits during the year.
Being next door to Rollins College it's a lively venue with mixed age groups.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Disappointed...was hoping for better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I was really disappointed. Their beer is just average; nothing exceptional. The food was average. I ordered the BBQ chicken pizza - bland dough & tasted like Kraft bottled BBQ sauce. Another person in my group ordered the fish & chips - the fish tasted like it was cooked in oil that had been sitting around too longer. Our server was nice, but kind of ditzy. Kind of a bummer - we plan a lot of our vacations around brewpubs & this one did not live up to our expectations.

• Visited May 2012