“Can't go wrong with a Brazilian steakhouse” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 268 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Nelore Steakhouse is a fine dining Authentic Brazilian Steak House, named after Brazils most famous breed of cattle. At nelore we believe the gaucho style of servign sets us apart from other steakhouse. "Gaucho" is the name given to Brazilian Cowboys who have been roasting meat over open flames for centuries. In traditional Brazilian style, our gauchos serve up to 15 cuts of the finest meat available; including steak, checken, lamb and more.
Orlando, Florida
“Can't go wrong with a Brazilian steakhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I came here for Orlando restaurant week, so it was only $25/person. For that price, this was awesome! It doesn't have the Texas de Brazil feel if that's what you're looking for, but it was still delicious. The service was fast and our drinks were always filled. The food was great, although the salad bar wasn't very impressive.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Less Than Expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

With the restaurant about half-full my family was seated at the far end of the kitchen and salad bar. I wonder if this was due to the Travel Zoo voucher I presented? Being at the far side, most of the skewers were just about served-out by the time they were offered. The lamb and steak were offered four times, but the chicken sausage, pork sausage and chicken legs were offered endlessly. The service was marginally average, so I guess the servers were going to get an eighteen percent gratuity (based on the full price) and there was no incentive to provide extra good service (coupon customer profiling?). The initial server kept asking if we wanted bottled water and didn't hear me when I said at least three times that "tap water" was o.k. All drinks, including tea and coffee were extra, as were the desserts. The salad bar was very good having fresh and unique items. However, I found the meat skewers to be over spiced, over cooked and the quality of the meats to be only fair. The "bacon wrapped fillet mignon" was horrible. After all is said, I think the restaurant misses the point of the Travel Zoo coupon, which is to sample the restaurant and return if satisfied. Here, I was not very satisfied.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Reputable Brazilian churrascaria with intimate customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I like this churrascaria because it isn't the large chain restaurant that some have become - and it's not the small mom and pop that you can find if you look. Nelore seems to be the perfect happy medium - small enough to know that the service team knows you, but big enough to feel formal and sophisticated. The salad bar has a great selection of Brazilian staples, and all are tasty and worth repeating themselves - but why would you knowing the rotisserie meats were on the way. As with any churrascaria, the picanha is absolutely wonderful and (even as I write) mouthwatering. Nelore has ended up on our list of places for special occasions.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Good quality and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We managed to get a groupon deal to try this restaurant and I'm glad we did as if we paid the full price I think this would have been a very expensive meal! dont get me wrong the quality of the meat was excellent and very tasty and you can keep eating until it comes out of your ears! The other point which was nicely surprising was the salad bar, it was stocked with loads of good quality and prime items.
All in all a good experience but a little expensive

Visited May 2013
“March 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

i can only agree with some of the other comments...i have been here many times and never went away disappointed. it is in a nice location in Winter Park which is always a nice place to visit. the waiter [gauchos] are always pleasant and very helpful. i have been to many other churrascarias both here in Orlando, Miami and in Brasil in Rio, Natal and Vitoria [ES]. i rate this one as my favorite along with a small one in Vitoria...i actually tried to help that owner to open a churrascaria here in Sand Lake area near Whole Foods. but now i have Nelore's to satisfy my need to visit Brasil on occasion. it is like taking a trip to Brasil which is my favorite country to visit. i am sure you will enjoy it here and especially if you tried the rest, the bigger places just don't have the homey feel of the real neighborhood restaurants of Brasil. and the prices are much better than the bigger competition. in my mind there is no competition. try it for yourself. you will go away happy just like i do.

• Visited March 2013